Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BRS64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3113789 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hello All;

I have a problem with my mavic 3 auxiliary light. Sometimes it nevers works, sometimes it flickers and sometimes it works like totally okey.

When it does not work, i just stop to spin of propellers and run again, %90 lights start to work.

I think that if there is a lack of contact somewhere at light. ıt never comes on but when i just start motors again, it starts to work.

Can it be something about software?

How can i factory reset the drone? This is the only thing that i did not try.

Thanks for your comments.
2023-1-18
Use props
MaxP4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

What firmware do you have?
2023-1-18
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

MaxP4 Posted at 1-18 09:41
What firmware do you have?

01.00.1000 Aircraft
03.01.1200 RC
2023-1-18
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

The AUX light only works in flight, at least in my experience ( I have not used it extensively) I do know that mine never works with the drone sitting on the ground. It has always worked when I turn it to ON while in flight however. You didnt specify if you are in flight during these instances it is not working so Im curious. You did mention restarting the motors will often make it work, so I read that as you are landing the drone, turning motors off, then motoring back on and taking off again for the light to now work, is that correct?

IF it is a "loose connection" which would have to be either a broken wire or a broken solder, then you could try to verify by getting the light turned on, then jerking the drone around in the air with the controls (just side to side twitch movements on the controls to bank the drone back and forth) I would expect a broken connection to flicker the light during such aggressive movements. Just some ideas.
2023-1-18
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

Tornado12 Posted at 1-18 10:26
The AUX light only works in flight, at least in my experience ( I have not used it extensively) I do know that mine never works with the drone sitting on the ground. It has always worked when I turn it to ON while in flight however. You didnt specify if you are in flight during these instances it is not working so Im curious. You did mention restarting the motors will often make it work, so I read that as you are landing the drone, turning motors off, then motoring back on and taking off again for the light to now work, is that correct?

IF it is a "loose connection" which would have to be either a broken wire or a broken solder, then you could try to verify by getting the light turned on, then jerking the drone around in the air with the controls (just side to side twitch movements on the controls to bank the drone back and forth) I would expect a broken connection to flicker the light during such aggressive movements. Just some ideas.

When i run the motors aux light is coming on without take off. Drone is always at landing position. I just run and stop the motors.
2023-1-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, BRS64. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We need to verify some details to confirm the issue. Since you mentioned that this occurs before takeoff, may we ask if this behavior is observed during a flight, too? We will be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.
2023-1-18
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 1-18 20:43
Hi, BRS64. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. We need to verify some details to confirm the issue. Since you mentioned that this occurs before takeoff, may we ask if this behavior is observed during a flight, too? We will be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.

Yes, sometimes i saw same problem during the flight.
2023-1-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

As mine is working, I believe is not software.
Try to use Auto Take-off, the aux light should be ON when the drone starts ascending then hoover...Will be OFF when the down sensors will detect that you go higher. See what is doing, try to observe the potential cause.
2023-1-19
Use props
KokoFresha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3843146 ft
United States

I've had 2-3 times this behavior on the auxiliary lights in over a year since I've had the MAVIC3. One time was during a flight over the Black Sea last summer. The other was recently after a flight in fog. I guess the moisture in the air as well as the remaining battery charge may have some influence. I've seen this behavior many times with LED flashlights and headlamps. So I wouldn't suspect the software.
2023-1-19
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

today, i took the drone to dji service, they checked and everything seems okey. They just try increase the lenght of metal parts that connects the led.
2023-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules