DJI RS 3 Mini not balancing with Canon 5D Mark III, Help...
2229 3 2023-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsierra81
lvl.1

United States

So, I brought the new DJI RS 3 Mini and was hoping it would work with my Canon 5D Mark III (w/ 24-105MM Lens). I got as far as trying to balance my camera when I realized that the 5D is too heavy and wont balance properly. Unless I'm doing something wrong, but I don't I am. I think the camera is just too heavy. HELP???
Is anyone else going through this issue with your camera, whether or not, it's a Canon 5D?

Also, My 5D camera, lens & battery come out to 3.5344lbs. On DJI.com website it says the "RS 3 Mini has a payload capacity of up to 2 kg (4.4 lbs), making it best-in-category at its weight,*(* As of January 2023)"
The first part/first step, balancing the tilt axis is what failed me. When I tried to balance the tilt axis with the lens facing up, the camera would rotate backwards, never forward as I adjust the RS3 mini.

2023-1-18
Use props
50West
lvl.1
United States

having the same issue with the GH5s. Roll Axis won't balance. it is leaning left and it is slid right as far as it can go. did you ever find a fix?
2023-1-31
Use props
rsierra81
lvl.1

United States

50West Posted at 1-31 16:14
having the same issue with the GH5s. Roll Axis won't balance. it is leaning left and it is slid right as far as it can go. did you ever find a fix?

No. I didn't fix it. I'm just going to upgrade my cam to something smaller and mirrorless.
2023-2-1
Use props
Drey. I
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

You want to trade for a dji rs 3? I need a rs3 mini
2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now