5856 35 2023-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wanted to try FPV but did not want the expense of the Avata or FPV drone. So I ordered a Dronemask 2 to try they are quite expensive for what they are at £150 incl tax and delivery. I have several older drones with the N1 controller or can try the mini 3 pro so I thought I would give it a try. Anyone else tried one ?
2023-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats an expensive way to try it out, there are far cheaper that would have sufficed enough to see if you'll be ok with it, i know some that just cant handle the vertigo type feeling, btw i bought a cheap set i think that were about 24 quid about 4 years back, the major drawback is that you have to faff about to change any settings on the screen
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Drone mask 2 is excellent as it has made provision to easily change the settings without taking the mask off. I will report back once I have received it.
I also think it will be useful to try just for normal drone flying as several people have reported.

Yes it is expensive for what it is but if you watch reviews it is the cheapest way to get the quality image with a decent bit of Kit.....

This was the review that sold it to me

2023-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not me. But I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with it. Particularly with the Mini3Pro.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey, if it works out ok and gives a similar experience to the original DJI Goggles then they certainly would be a good buy to get that experience, i certainly miss using my goggles, hope they work out for ya.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-20 07:52
Not me. But I'll be interested to hear about your experiences with it. Particularly with the Mini3Pro.

I also wonder if it will be for me...... But at this miserable time of year I tend to buy stuff. So Far another Boat and this Dronemask. I think it is vital that you sit down when using it
2023-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 08:35
I also wonder if it will be for me...... But at this miserable time of year I tend to buy stuff. So Far another Boat and this Dronemask. I think it is vital that you sit down when using it

For me there would be no other choice - even for flying a drone "normally" I'm more often than not seated.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-20 08:58
For me there would be no other choice - even for flying a drone "normally" I'm more often than not seated.

Do you take a chair with you as there is not always a fence to hop on lol
2023-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 09:02
Do you take a chair with you as there is not always a fence to hop on lol

Mind the splinters
No I try to find something to sit on, or at least lean. Or when out in the car i sit in the tailgate.
2023-1-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the drone mask #1.  i used it a couple times and there it sits never to be used again in basically new condition.  it was way overpriced, i paid $145 and to be honest, it's probably only worth about $25.  i used it with iphone 10 and basically it's just like have a big iphone strapped up to your face up close and since there is mostly no light, it's decent if you aren't using it during a super sunny day or youre not used to have a bright screen mobile.  it's too gimmicky since it doesn't really give me that fpv feeling like google v2 or even the original white googles for m2.  the phone is busy and it's not easy to get at the phone while it is inserted and the cable is cumbersome.  i'd rather go back to using my various dji rc's.  overall, i am unhappy with my purchase and once again, a bunch of unused drone junk laying around.  let us know what you find but i would keep my receipts and the packaging intact.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-20 10:29
i have the drone mask #1.  i used it a couple times and there it sits never to be used again in basically new condition.  it was way overpriced, i paid $145 and to be honest, it's probably only worth about $25.  i used it with iphone 10 and basically it's just like have a big iphone strapped up to your face up close and since there is mostly no light, it's decent if you aren't using it during a super sunny day or youre not used to have a bright screen mobile.  it's too gimmicky since it doesn't really give me that fpv feeling like google v2 or even the original white googles for m2.  the phone is busy and it's not easy to get at the phone while it is inserted and the cable is cumbersome.  i'd rather go back to using my various dji rc's.  overall, i am unhappy with my purchase and once again, a bunch of unused drone junk laying around.  let us know what you find but i would keep my receipts and the packaging intact.

There is no way I will send it back it is way overseas. Hopefully I will enjoy it. I think it has quite a few improvements over the first version
2023-1-20
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 10:49
There is no way I will send it back it is way overseas. Hopefully I will enjoy it. I think it has quite a few improvements over the first version

ok still let us know how you like it.  i got caught with the older version and when i saw the improvement, i thought about it.  but then i got googles 2 so i hoping the rest of the dji drones get there.  anyone here usa want dronemask1 for cheap, let me know.
2023-1-20
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

The nice thing about them is that you don't need a vr/split screen app , they work with anything your phone has on it. I use a set of Mogo's, Same principle and work with any drone that uses an app. A lot of the Phantom pilots were/are using the Mogo's.
2023-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 07:46
The Drone mask 2 is excellent as it has made provision to easily change the settings without taking the mask off. I will report back once I have received it.
I also think it will be useful to try just for normal drone flying as several people have reported.

He makes it look easy.  It's not apparent whether they will connect to the dedicated DJI RC for the Mini3Pro though.  I suspect not, as there's no phone involved there. Maybe it would be worth trying it on the Mavic2Zoom.   But I'll go on gathering splinters in me rear end until I hear your experiences with it
And maybe see some of your recorded footage.
2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-20 16:29
He makes it look easy.  It's not apparent whether they will connect to the dedicated DJI RC for the Mini3Pro though.  I suspect not, as there's no phone involved there. Maybe it would be worth trying it on the Mavic2Zoom.   But I'll go on gathering splinters in me rear end until I hear your experiences with it
And maybe see some of your recorded footage.

I have 3 N1 controllers so will most likely use it with my Air 2 or mini 2. Should be a bit of fun

Or the original air might be good as it is loud and will be able to hear it better
2023-1-20
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-20 23:01
I have 3 N1 controllers so will most likely use it with my Air 2 or mini 2. Should be a bit of fun

Or the original air might be good as it is loud and will be able to hear it better

2023-1-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is your betting I use it once and then this large item sits on the shelf, falling off like the can on Arkwrights till every now and then
2023-1-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 00:41
What is your betting I use it once and then this large item sits on the shelf, falling off like the can on Arkwrights till every now and then

I'm hoping for an in-depth review from you before it starts gathering dust
2023-1-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-21 06:53
I'm hoping for an in-depth review from you before it starts gathering dust

I will certainly do that. I will have one of those virtual spotters like all those big you tubers have when they do a review. You know the ones that are just out of shot lol
2023-1-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-21 23:32
I will certainly do that. I will have one of those virtual spotters like all those big you tubers have when they do a review. You know the ones that are just out of shot lol

I know the guy!  He's like the opposite of a Photobomber
2023-1-22
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine are gathering dust inside a cabinet.  The biggest Problem I have is described in this screen grab from the Mogo Goggles on Amazon.  I don't like the strain on the eye muscles:

2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_20xOW1j19j7K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26955 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-20 14:02
ok still let us know how you like it.  i got caught with the older version and when i saw the improvement, i thought about it.  but then i got googles 2 so i hoping the rest of the dji drones get there.  anyone here usa want dronemask1 for cheap, let me know.

I'm in the usa and would be willing to take it off your hands if that offer still stands....
2023-2-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_20xOW1j19j7K Posted at 2-15 20:10
I'm in the usa and would be willing to take it off your hands if that offer still stands....

ok let me go dig it up, been awhile since ive seen it
2023-2-15
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Would be fun. Unfortunately, DJI still doesn't allow us to lock the gimbal on all axis for a real FPV experience.
2023-2-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It arrived a couple of weeks ago but been busy with other stuff. Will give it a go soonish
2023-2-16
Use props
Element115
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

IMO, FPV on these smartdrones don't feel anything like freestyling with an Avata or other well-tuned Quads.  If you want to experience FPV drones, the best way to start imo are the Tiny Whoops.  Cheap and a great learning platform too.
2023-2-16
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Falcoc Posted at 2-15 20:52
Would be fun. Unfortunately, DJI still doesn't allow us to lock the gimbal on all axis for a real FPV experience.

There is the FPV mode on Mini3 Pro. It locks the gimbal. Which axis are you refrering not being locked?
2023-2-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Element115 Posted at 2-16 08:34
IMO, FPV on these smartdrones don't feel anything like freestyling with an Avata or other well-tuned Quads.  If you want to experience FPV drones, the best way to start imo are the Tiny Whoops.  Cheap and a great learning platform too.

The idea of just being able to use my DJI Goggles again would be a bonus, i never used them for the "FPV" effect, just for a more immersive experience, you can see stuff in more detail.
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_20xOW1j19j7K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26955 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-15 20:51
ok let me go dig it up, been awhile since ive seen it

Thanks Saint....if you want you can reach me at solesearcher34@yahoo.com too.  I appreciate it man!
2023-2-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well it has taken a while but I have finally tested my new Drone Mask 2. I obviously used the N1 Controller an Iphone 8 and My Mavic Air 2. My Conclusions are:

1) You can deffo have quite a lot of fun with this.
2) It transforms the Drone from a Camera Ship to a fun thing to hoon around with.
3) For some reason I felt more relaxed flying around wearing the Mask than normally.
4) You Deffo need to sit down while flying in this situation.
5) Have the radar thing set to Map so you can always see the red line home
6) I used in Both Follow Me mode and FPV mode. Both were fun but FPV mode in Sports mode is best.
7) The screen is large and clear I could easily see all the telemetry etc
8) The finger holes to operate your screen are a must and excellent.
9) It felt comfortable to wear and it is very good quality.

Is it worth the money £170.... Well it is a lot of fun and nowadays you cant buy a lot of fun or enjoyment for £170 so yes I would say it is worth it..... Should it be Cheaper.... Well Yes also.

Am I glad I bought it.... Yes I am.

2023-3-4
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-4 06:11
Well it has taken a while but I have finally tested my new Drone Mask 2. I obviously used the N1 Controller an Iphone 8 and My Mavic Air 2. My Conclusions are:

1) You can deffo have quite a lot of fun with this.

Great that you're pleased with it!  I just saw this post and wondered how you got on with it!  Totally agree with your points;  It is indeed pricey, but it's well made, comfortable and the finger flaps are the game changer on this, letting change settings mid flight
Cheers
Ian
2023-3-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ian in London Posted at 3-5 00:56
Great that you're pleased with it!  I just saw this post and wondered how you got on with it!  Totally agree with your points;  It is indeed pricey, but it's well made, comfortable and the finger flaps are the game changer on this, letting change settings mid flight
Cheers
Ian

Yes Ian. It was your review that pushed me to buy it (You keep costing me money lol). I was not sure I wanted the full on FPV thing with either the Avata or the DJI FPV as I dont think I will be happy flying expensive kit near the ground or in risky situations. So I thought this would be the next best thing with the older kit I already have and I think this fits that slot very well.

Now if DJI were to bring out some sort of very small light mini FPV racer type machine to use this mask that would be awsom....... I fear however that might not fit their marketing strategy which I think is paramount to DJI
2023-3-5
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 3-5 01:59
Yes Ian. It was your review that pushed me to buy it (You keep costing me money lol). I was not sure I wanted the full on FPV thing with either the Avata or the DJI FPV as I dont think I will be happy flying expensive kit near the ground or in risky situations. So I thought this would be the next best thing with the older kit I already have and I think this fits that slot very well.

Now if DJI were to bring out some sort of very small light mini FPV racer type machine to use this mask that would be awsom....... I fear however that might not fit their marketing strategy which I think is paramount to DJI

Yes; a camera drone that has a real FPV mode; like a slightly variation on the Avata that could also be controlled by the RC remote if you wanted a normal view
2023-3-5
Use props
djiuser_S6INwvsHa14y
New

Poland

DroneMask 2 is not recommended.  Why?  Firstly.  The optics distort your vision and after a few minutes you feel uncomfortable.  More sensitive people have nausea and vomiting.  Secondly, it is for people with perfect eyesight.  People with a basic vision defect (+) must additionally wear glasses.  A 10-year-old boy with perfect eyesight chooses the furthest goggles option because it is the largest, and not due to the option of correcting a vision defect.  Watching the aftermarket, now I understand why people resell practically new versions of the goggles so quickly.  I sold them myself after a few days of use.
2023-8-11
Use props
james N
New

United States

The Saint Posted at 2023-1-20 10:29
i have the drone mask #1.  i used it a couple times and there it sits never to be used again in basically new condition.  it was way overpriced, i paid $145 and to be honest, it's probably only worth about $25.  i used it with iphone 10 and basically it's just like have a big iphone strapped up to your face up close and since there is mostly no light, it's decent if you aren't using it during a super sunny day or youre not used to have a bright screen mobile.  it's too gimmicky since it doesn't really give me that fpv feeling like google v2 or even the original white googles for m2.  the phone is busy and it's not easy to get at the phone while it is inserted and the cable is cumbersome.  i'd rather go back to using my various dji rc's.  overall, i am unhappy with my purchase and once again, a bunch of unused drone junk laying around.  let us know what you find but i would keep my receipts and the packaging intact.

The saint how are you. Just curious do you still have the dronemask 1.
2-2 15:35
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

james N Posted at 2-2 15:35
The saint how are you. Just curious do you still have the dronemask 1.

I do not; sold it.
2-2 21:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules