my mini SE prop struck my roof but didnt crash, should i be worried?
1007 13 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75810 ft
Indonesia

Hi, so i just bought my DJI mini SE, i'm very very new to drone,
all my knowledge only come from watching videos, i want to test my drone on my roof, i was flying too close to my roof, until a wind blows and my drone move a bit to my roof, it got out of control, but luckily it didnt crash and continue flying, should i be worried?

2023-1-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check your propellors for damage.
2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

DAFlys Posted at 1-20 01:35
Check your propellors for damage.

Hi! Thanks for your reply, no damage can be seen, its a bit dirty with some gunk from he roof, but no deep scratch or something like that, not sure if its 100% straight tho, i will take pic for every prop later on, i test the drone, its still hovering fine, but havent done any calibration.
2023-1-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you are new to flying a drone, find yourself a large open field and learn to fly there.

Fly the drone awsay from you and back again (drone facing to you) and get used to do opposite steering on the controls. If you get used to that, start to fly from your roof

Tip:  in close tight area   land you drone in front of you with the front of the drone facing away from you.

cheers
JJB

2023-1-20
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I would replace all propellers even if you do not see any damage. There could be micro cracks.
2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 1-20 02:31
If you are new to flying a drone, find yourself a large open field and learn to fly there.

Fly the drone awsay from you and back again (drone facing to you) and get used to do opposite steering on the controls. If you get used to that, start to fly from your roof

Yes, i would really like to, but its kinda hard to find a wide open field near my home, ill try to go to nearest field soon tho, thanks
2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

ArcticPhoto Posted at 1-20 03:19
I would replace all propellers even if you do not see any damage. There could be micro cracks.

Ah i see, and what about the motors and the frame? Will you be worried?
2023-1-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-20 02:31

Fly the drone awsay from you and back again (drone facing to you) and get used to do opposite steering on the controls. If you get used to that, start to fly from your roof

Excellent tips for a new flyer JJB*.  
2023-1-20
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

BoozingBearMan Posted at 1-20 03:26
Ah i see, and what about the motors and the frame? Will you be worried?

No I would not. From your description only the propellers hit the roof, but it did not crash. If it flies fine and no error messages on the screen, I think it's OK.
But you might want to examine the body for cracks just to be safe.
2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

ArcticPhoto Posted at 1-20 03:19

these are pics of my prop and chasis
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, BoozingBearMan. Welcome to DJI Forum! If any of the propellers are scratched, bent, or damaged, it is recommended to replace them immediately. Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to reach us here if you need further assistance. Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-20
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-20 21:03
Hi, BoozingBearMan. Welcome to DJI Forum! If any of the propellers are scratched, bent, or damaged, it is recommended to replace them immediately. Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to reach us here if you need further assistance. Have a safe flight always!

yeah, ive posted those prop pics, what do you think? should i change them?
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BoozingBearMan Posted at 1-21 00:35
yeah, ive posted those prop pics, what do you think? should i change them?

Hi, BoozingBearMan. Based on the photos, those are just minor scratches, if the app is not giving you any error while flying with it then that should be fine. Please pay attention to the app prompt during the flight. Also, JJB* has provided a good suggestion, you may follow it since you're new to flying drones.  Have a safe flight always!
2023-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules