Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 04:33
That beats all I've ever heard.  They are already on site so why not fix it and not have to return?  I think that falls under somebody trying to make sure they always have job security.

I don't know this as a fact,  but my guess is that its outsourced and the company gets paid per job,   so if they get three calls for three holes in the same place thats three times the money they make.   
2023-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 05:14
I don't know this as a fact,  but my guess is that its outsourced and the company gets paid per job,   so if they get three calls for three holes in the same place thats three times the money they make.

Makes sense from the outsourced companies point of view but surely not the most efficient way for whoever is having to pay the per trip bill.
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 13:39
Makes sense from the outsourced companies point of view but surely not the most efficient way for whoever is having to pay the per trip bill.

I can imagine a time when some bean counter worked out the cost for an average repair and then got quotes from companies that could beat that price because they only repair the thing in the ticket and not use some common sense.  
2023-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 01:39
I can imagine a time when some bean counter worked out the cost for an average repair and then got quotes from companies that could beat that price because they only repair the thing in the ticket and not use some common sense.

No doubt you are spot on.  
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-26 04:26
No doubt you are spot on.

Funny thing yesterday.  When I went out for the second walk there was a guy surveying the same hole I took a photo of.
2023-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 04:35
Funny thing yesterday.  When I went out for the second walk there was a guy surveying the same hole I took a photo of.

Wow, what a coincidence.  Figure the odds of that happening.  
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-26 04:48
Wow, what a coincidence.  Figure the odds of that happening.

It gave me a smile.  Although I bet they dont fix it soon.
2023-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 04:54
It gave me a smile.  Although I bet they dont fix it soon.

Maybe they will surprise you and fix the pot hole in record time.  
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-26 05:08
Maybe they will surprise you and fix the pot hole in record time.

No signs its been touched this morning when I went past.   Heading out in the car later so I will go the other way round to avoid those ones.
2023-1-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 00:38
No signs its been touched this morning when I went past.   Heading out in the car later so I will go the other way round to avoid those ones.

Probably a good plan.  Although there may be new pot holes around the other way also.  
2023-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-27 13:06
Probably a good plan.  Although there may be new pot holes around the other way also.

Do you know that even after the discussion I fogot or at least came back on auto pilot and went the way of the holes,    luckily the traffic was light and I could avoid them,    they were much larger ones a few feet further back too.
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules