Mini SE Connection Issues
7395 27 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having issues connecting my Mini SE to any mobile device after connecting the controller, but I can't seem to find any more on this issue?

My colleagues have been using the drone fine before Christmas but since coming back we have had this issue. We've tried various phones (iPhone and Android) with up to date software and apps. The drone itself powers on but when trying to pair it with any phone it won't connect. The controller and drone are both fully charged.

Any other help will be much appreciated.
2023-1-20
Use props
wildflowerryete
lvl.1

Philippines

This issue could be related to a firmware issue. It is recommended to update the firmware on both the controller and the drone. To update the firmware you will need to use the DJI Assistant 2 app on your computer. Once the firmware is updated, try to connect the drone to your mobile device again. If the issue persists, you may need to reset the controller and/or drone to factory settings. If the issue still persists, you may need to contact DJI for further assistance.
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect both aircraft and RC via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware then try to connect again to see if the issue persists? You may download the software below. If you still experience the issue, kindly please record a short video showing the issue and send it to us so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-1-20
Use props
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wildflowerryete Posted at 1-20 11:43
This issue could be related to a firmware issue. It is recommended to update the firmware on both the controller and the drone. To update the firmware you will need to use the DJI Assistant 2 app on your computer. Once the firmware is updated, try to connect the drone to your mobile device again. If the issue persists, you may need to reset the controller and/or drone to factory settings. If the issue still persists, you may need to contact DJI for further assistance.

Thank you for your response. The trouble I have is that neither the latest DJI Assistant program on PC or the DJI Fly app on phone, is not picking up the drone at all. As I understand it, the Mini SE can't have it's firmware manually updated either (via memory card) so I don't know what else to do.
2023-1-23
Use props
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 22:15
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to connect both aircraft and RC via DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware then try to connect again to see if the issue persists? You may download the software below. If you still experience the issue, kindly please record a short video showing the issue and send it to us so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thank you for your response. The trouble I have is that neither the latest DJI Assistant program on PC or the DJI Fly app on phone, is not picking up the drone at all. As I understand it, the Mini SE can't have it's firmware manually updated either (via memory card) so I don't know what else to do.
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Musker McIntyre Posted at 1-23 01:15
Thank you for your response. The trouble I have is that neither the latest DJI Assistant program on PC or the DJI Fly app on phone, is not picking up the drone at all. As I understand it, the Mini SE can't have it's firmware manually updated either (via memory card) so I don't know what else to do.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. If you are having issues updating your aircraft using the DJI Fly app, you may update it using the DJI Assistant 2 software. You may need to modify the software to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps;

1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series from the link that I sent above.
2. For Windows, go to Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drones > DJI Engine > , find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1"
2. For Mac. right click DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents > find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1"

Please let us know if this works on your end. Thank you for your undertanding and support.
2023-1-23
Use props
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 03:51
Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. If you are having issues updating your aircraft using the DJI Fly app, you may update it using the DJI Assistant 2 software. You may need to modify the software to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps;

1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series from the link that I sent above.

Hi, thanks for your response.
There were multiple "0"s in the file so I changed them all from 0 to 1, not sure if that is correct? I tried connecting the drone to the computer but it still won't detect it.
If the drone is connected via USB it won't turn on, so I tried turning it on then plugging it in to the computer and it still isn't connecting.
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Musker McIntyre Posted at 1-23 08:09
Hi, thanks for your response.
There were multiple "0"s in the file so I changed them all from 0 to 1, not sure if that is correct? I tried connecting the drone to the computer but it still won't detect it.
If the drone is connected via USB it won't turn on, so I tried turning it on then plugging it in to the computer and it still isn't connecting.

Are you using a Windows or Mac computer? In addition, could you please provide us a screenshot showing the settings where you show the "0" value? Lastly, after you configure the software on your computer settings, turn on the aircraft and connect the aircraft to the computer within 10 seconds using the data cable. If you connect the computer to the aircraft after 10 seconds, the computer will not be able to recognize the aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-27
Use props
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-27 01:21
Are you using a Windows or Mac computer? In addition, could you please provide us a screenshot showing the settings where you show the "0" value? Lastly, after you configure the software on your computer settings, turn on the aircraft and connect the aircraft to the computer within 10 seconds using the data cable. If you connect the computer to the aircraft after 10 seconds, the computer will not be able to recognize the aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi, thanks again for your response. I've tried to connect to a computer a few times and it still isn't working. Please find an image of the defaultsettings.ini file. As mentioned, I changed all of the "0"'s to 1.

Thanks.

2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Musker McIntyre Posted at 1-27 02:55
Hi, thanks again for your response. I've tried to connect to a computer a few times and it still isn't working. Please find an image of the defaultsettings.ini file. As mentioned, I changed all of the "0"'s to 1.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response. Can you please follow the timing of connecting the unit to the computer? After you configure the software on your computer settings, turn on the aircraft and connect the aircraft to the computer within 10 seconds using the data cable. If you connect the computer to the aircraft after 10 seconds, the computer will not be able to recognize the aircraft. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-28
Use props
Musker McIntyre
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-28 02:19
Thank you for your response. Can you please follow the timing of connecting the unit to the computer? After you configure the software on your computer settings, turn on the aircraft and connect the aircraft to the computer within 10 seconds using the data cable. If you connect the computer to the aircraft after 10 seconds, the computer will not be able to recognize the aircraft. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thank you, I think that sending it back is the only option, as I have tried connecting it multiple times. Thanks again for your help.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Musker McIntyre Posted at 1-30 01:55
Thank you, I think that sending it back is the only option, as I have tried connecting it multiple times. Thanks again for your help.

You are most welcome. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-1-30
Use props
Mynhardt Hoffmann
New

South Africa

I am having issues bought a brand new drone, charged everything, connected everything, but doesnt want me to allow take off, it says aircraft battery 0% but everything is charged, what am I doing wrong!!!
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mynhardt Hoffmann Posted at 12-1 11:56
I am having issues bought a brand new drone, charged everything, connected everything, but doesnt want me to allow take off, it says aircraft battery 0% but everything is charged, what am I doing wrong!!!

Hi there. Will it be fine if you show us a screenshot from your remote controller showing the issue? Thank you very much.
2023-12-2
Use props
SHAZLI
New

Malaysia

My RC keep on stuck here... cannot be update and can't connect to the aircraft
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SHAZLI Posted at 12-15 23:07
My RC keep on stuck here... cannot be update and can't connect to the aircraft [view_image]

Hi, SHAZLI. Sorry about the trouble. If I may ask, are you also getting an error message after waiting long for the update to finish? Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-16
Use props
djiuser_JFC4qX70hyYl
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-1-20 22:15

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

My dji mini 2 SE can pair sr1ss5 RC but can't pair with rc231. Why?
1-8 17:40
Use props
djiuser_JFC4qX70hyYl
lvl.1

United States

1-9 06:54
Use props
djiuser_JFC4qX70hyYl
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-1-23 03:51

1-9 06:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_JFC4qX70hyYl Posted at 1-8 17:40

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific controller is sr1ss5? Can you please provide us the serial number so we can check it further? Please note that the DJI RC-N1 (RC231) is the only RC that is compatible with the DJI Mini 2 SE. If you are having issues connecting, please make sure that both remote controller and aircraft has the latest firmware. You may update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software which can be installed on your computer, please refer to the link below. We will wait for your response.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
1-11 01:58
Use props
djiuser_ZU1eV06on30H
New

Australia

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem as OP, have followed all the steps advised here without success. Has there been a further solution found to this issue?
2-3 20:30
Use props
djiuser_ZU1eV06on30H
New

Australia

Hi, I’m having the exact same problem as OP, have followed all the steps advised here without success. Has there been a further solution found to this issue?
2-3 20:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ZU1eV06on30H Posted at 2-3 20:30

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If I may clarify, are you unable to pair your drone to the remote with the phone connected, or is the phone not detecting your remote controller when you connect it using the cable?
2-3 21:41
Use props
NIVO FPV
New

Greece

Hello... I have the mini se and 3 days now cant connect to the remote .have tried everything.. The 1 and zero the 4s button.. I have tried to connect the remote with the dji assistant 2 but stuck to 99℅ for ever... The drone never connect with the laptop.. Windows I have.. I have tried 6 different cables... Is the anything else to do?? Someone help
3-3 10:08
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NIVO FPV Posted at 3-3 10:08
Hello... I have the mini se and 3 days now cant connect to the remote .have tried everything.. The 1 and zero the 4s button.. I have tried to connect the remote with the dji assistant 2 but stuck to 99℅ for ever... The drone never connect with the laptop.. Windows I have.. I have tried 6 different cables... Is the anything else to do?? Someone help

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and then check if the issue persists? In addition, may I please ask what is the main reason why you want to connect your aircraft to the controller, did you receive an error message on the DJI Fly app? If yes, please provide us a screenshot so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.
3-3 18:59
Use props
NIVO FPV
New

Greece

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-3 18:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and then check if the issue persists? In addition, may I please ask what is the main reason why you want to connect your aircraft to the controller, did you receive an error message on the DJI Fly app? If yes, please provide us a screenshot so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

Hello... I install the assistan 2 times on 2 diferent lapto.. And fly app on 2 diferent mobile phone.. I cant fly.. It say me that cant find aircraft on dji fly app... On the assistan i can connect the remote and update but stuct to 99℅..the cant connect via usb to the laptops.. Remote and fly app cant connect to the drone
3-3 21:16
Use props
NIVO FPV
New

Greece

NIVO FPV Posted at 3-3 21:16
Hello... I install the assistan 2 times on 2 diferent lapto.. And fly app on 2 diferent mobile phone.. I cant fly.. It say me that cant find aircraft on dji fly app... On the assistan i can connect the remote and update but stuct to 99℅..the cant connect via usb to the laptops.. Remote and fly app cant connect to the drone

Any suggestions?
3-4 03:57
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

NIVO FPV Posted at 3-3 21:16
Hello... I install the assistan 2 times on 2 diferent lapto.. And fly app on 2 diferent mobile phone.. I cant fly.. It say me that cant find aircraft on dji fly app... On the assistan i can connect the remote and update but stuct to 99℅..the cant connect via usb to the laptops.. Remote and fly app cant connect to the drone

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the trouble. Please follow the linking process using the tutorial below. If the issue persists, please record a short video showing the behavior of the remote controller and aircraft when you link them also please record the behavior of the app so we can check it further. Please keep us posted.

3-6 22:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules