Remote Controller Control Stick Error
8733 28 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LLoRFzHBf7RG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49672 ft
United States

I bought the FPV controller for my Avata, but as soon as I paired it, I got "Remote Controller Control Stick Error" displayed on the screen. I called DJI after recalibrating the controller, confirming firmware, tightening/loosening the sticks, etc., and they arranged for a new one to be sent.
I have just received my new controller and I am still getting the the stick error. I called DJI support again and went through the same troubleshooting steps. Now they want to send me another (3rd)  controller!
Has anyone else had these same issues with the FPV controller and Avata and overcome them?

Controller error.png
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I will be sending you a PM, kindly please check it. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-20
Use props
fans59505ce8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364911 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have had the same issue today. I'm not sure if it's connected but I lost control of the drone at high altitude. It "dropped" out of manual mode after airbreaking and continued to climb. This has happened twice now. It's like the communication between the drone and the contoller is 'drunk and unresponsive'

Multiple attempts to switch it back into manual mode or to get the drone to decend failed.

The only option was the return to home button which luckily worked.
You'll see that the left joystick seems 'locked' down despite it not being pressed down. Despite this the drone continued to climb

Screenshot_20230121_092751.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_092804.jpg
Screenshot_20230121_092840.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_092820.jpg

Screenshot_20230121_092751.jpg
2023-1-21
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Wow I'd be horrified if this happened to me!
2023-1-21
Use props
djiuser_sODji54lMwhU
New
Flight distance : 4019 ft
United States

Just share my experience...Finally I managede to eliminate the red warning by

1. Enable M mode in the controller custom mode setting
2. Calibarate the controller once
3. Done

Seems to be some very wired bug that enforced you to enable M mode before calibaration
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_P4w3fCuUgIuN
New

United States

djiuser_sODji54lMwhU Posted at 1-24 22:39

I will give this a try. Thanks.
2023-1-26
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_P4w3fCuUgIuN Posted at 1-26 20:06
I will give this a try. Thanks.

Tell us if it will work please.
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans59505ce8 Posted at 1-21 01:33
Hi, I have had the same issue today. I'm not sure if it's connected but I lost control of the drone at high altitude. It "dropped" out of manual mode after airbreaking and continued to climb. This has happened twice now. It's like the communication between the drone and the contoller is 'drunk and unresponsive'

Multiple attempts to switch it back into manual mode or to get the drone to decend failed.

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Can you please try to calibrate the remote controller multiple times and check if the issue persists? If the issue appears the same after multiple calibrations, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Debugger Posted at 1-28 08:26
Tell us if it will work please.

Hello, I apologize for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the issue? Kindly please calibrate your remote controller multiple times then check if the issue persists. You may follow the information provided above. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-14
Use props
AgniesMT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2644108 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-14 04:31
Hello, I apologize for the late response. Can you please confirm if you still experience the issue? Kindly please calibrate your remote controller multiple times then check if the issue persists. You may follow the information provided above. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Multiple calibration (including calibration with custom mode set to M) did not work for me at all.
2023-4-2
Use props
opac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7300 ft
Nepal

I'm getting this error almost every time I fly since 6 month, I calibrate before each flights. Just gave up and keep the error, it seems working well despite this disturbing big red rectangle warning...

Also tried tightening/loosening screws, doesn't change much.  
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

opac Posted at 4-2 04:56
I'm getting this error almost every time I fly since 6 month, I calibrate before each flights. Just gave up and keep the error, it seems working well despite this disturbing big red rectangle warning...

Also tried tightening/loosening screws, doesn't change much.

Hi, opac. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. If the calibrations don't resolve the error, you are recommended to send the device back for a proper diagnosis. If you decide to send it in, kindly contact our Customer Support for more details about the process. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2023-4-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AgniesMT Posted at 4-2 02:39
Multiple calibration (including calibration with custom mode set to M) did not work for me at all.

Hi, Thank you for reaching out. Since you already tried the troubleshooting steps provided, and still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-3
Use props
Nickoooo_ZQN
lvl.1

New Zealand

Have the same error. No Forwards or Backwards on calibration
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nickoooo_ZQN Posted at 4-7 16:13
Have the same error. No Forwards or Backwards on calibration

Hi there. We're sorry you encountered the same error. Please refer to the posted suggestions in post #12. WE appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-8
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
United States

I'm having this error too.  After trying all methods to fix and months of diagnosis. My new controller is now month old and out of warranty.  I have never got it to work.  This is after waiting months for it to be in stock and not being able to fly with the silly motion controller because I fly with regular remotes, I was forced to buy the motion controller and the controller 2 which doesn't work.  Now I have a 1700+ $ non working toy basically that I was advertised should work.  Very frustrating and I'm done with this hobby. Better off building your own.
2023-4-9
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
United States

Computable Posted at 4-9 11:57
I'm having this error too.  After trying all methods to fix and months of diagnosis. My new controller is now month old and out of warranty.  I have never got it to work.  This is after waiting months for it to be in stock and not being able to fly with the silly motion controller because I fly with regular remotes, I was forced to buy the motion controller and the controller 2 which doesn't work.  Now I have a 1700+ $ non working toy basically that I was advertised should work.  Very frustrating and I'm done with this hobby. Better off building your own.

If you also have this error and can't fly. Post here.  I'm sure lots of issues in this product based on the delay and now faulty units I see post about everywhere. If you have this issue or know of anyway to fix without more months of waiting for answers.  
2023-4-9
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
United States

This error caused a fly away and prevented my Avata from landing yesterday.  I somehow was able to prevent from crashing into a car after having no control from takeoff while using 100% stick input.  Once I lowered my stick input it allowed me to somewhat control, but still unflyable.
2023-4-10
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
United States

fans59505ce8 Posted at 1-21 01:33

I had this same issue. I demand a recall.  
2023-4-11
Use props
JeffAlanMcClain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2281043 ft
United States

I had same issue (only after trying to calibrate it a couple weeks after first doing it and flying).  What fixed it (at least for me???) was to make sure the 3-pos switches were centered when clicking start, then doing them all centered (including throttle).
2023-6-6
Use props
djiuser_RNf3q8Wicgdd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956936 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_sODji54lMwhU Posted at 1-24 22:39

THANK YOU THIS WORKED!
2023-9-9
Use props
fanse8503de1
New
Israel

Hi, I also has this issue - persisting.
I sent it already twice to DJI support in Israel - they fixed it, and I have it again.
It happened to me when I tried to release the sticks - and keeps happening also when I return them to normal spring tention.
When I try to calibrate - the dial is not reaponding! do I can't finish the calibration at all...
PLEASE HELP
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse8503de1 Posted at 9-18 03:42
Hi, I also has this issue - persisting.
I sent it already twice to DJI support in Israel - they fixed it, and I have it again.
It happened to me when I tried to release the sticks - and keeps happening also when I return them to normal spring tention.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I know what remote controller are you having a problem with or which drone are you using it with? I appreciate your patience.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_rvC1fcvnleoO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236102 ft
Canada

Hi. I had to face the same issue. I ordered my dji avata. Flew it for a week on normal and sports mode. Everything worked well. Firmware on my remote was updated. Calibration was done. Had no issues. But yesterday when during the flight, I switched from normal to manual mode. I got this controller stick error and drone literally didnt take any of my inputs and simply crashed on the ground. Fell and went back in air. Gone nuts, no control at all it was hitting the ground again and again in the air. Finally the motor along with the frame got ripped off and drone fell on the ground.  Honestly I do not know why it was behaving totally awkward. This was the very first time I was going to fly it in manual. I did a lot of practice on sim. But this is totally unbelievable.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_rvC1fcvnleoO Posted at 11-26 18:31
Hi. I had to face the same issue. I ordered my dji avata. Flew it for a week on normal and sports mode. Everything worked well. Firmware on my remote was updated. Calibration was done. Had no issues. But yesterday when during the flight, I switched from normal to manual mode. I got this controller stick error and drone literally didnt take any of my inputs and simply crashed on the ground. Fell and went back in air. Gone nuts, no control at all it was hitting the ground again and again in the air. Finally the motor along with the frame got ripped off and drone fell on the ground.  Honestly I do not know why it was behaving totally awkward. This was the very first time I was going to fly it in manual. I did a lot of practice on sim. But this is totally unbelievable.

Hello there. Sorry about what happened with your drone. We suggest sending the aircraft and the remote for further inspection and repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-26
Use props
Supansa Sunee Program RC
New

Thailand

My Avata got controller stick error and lost signal on the road but luckily nothing broke just 10 scratches and the memory card broke
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Supansa Sunee Program RC Posted at 12-30 22:08
My Avata got controller stick error and lost signal on the road but luckily nothing broke just 10 scratches and the memory card broke

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. If the error still shows, please calibrate the remote controller. If the error persists after multiple calibrations, we suggest sending the remote back for repair. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-31
Use props
Frichbay
lvl.1

Norway

Hi. Just found myself in this situation. Get the same message as well as the right stick not working in the fore/aft channel. Did an firmware update an suddenly it works. Now, one day later the problem is back..    Did you find a cure?
1-23 01:36
Use props
mike mej
New

Philippines

So far fixed with calibrating individually on all modes (N,S, and M modes)
3-9 13:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules