3361 3 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7bfcb7ce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1164698 ft
United States

Hello,

How do I bind the DJI FPV controller to the Avata? Everytime it shows it will bind, the camera will roll up and down with the thumb wheel, and I will get a Remote controll stick error message. I've updated the firmware for Avata, and the one time I was able to get it to bind I was able to calibrate in the googles. But it still will not stay bound, and the DJI Fly app shows it not bound.

Whats the secret?
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what version of Goggles are you using? If DJI DJI Avata is used with DJI FPV Goggles V2, please switch the aircraft model to DJI Avata by going to “Settings”, “About” and “Switch Aircraft Model”. As the DJI Avata combo does not come with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, the firmware version of the brand new DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, if you purchased an earlier version of the RC, activation is required first.

1. Use DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to update the firmware of the remote controller to the latest version. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series

2. After the firmware is updated to the latest version, use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to activate the remote controller. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

After the mobile phone is connected to the goggles, check whether there is a goggles icon shown on the app (if not, the mobile phone is not connected). Try to use a different communication cable and try again. Make sure that the cable is attached firmly. Please keep us posted if the issue persists. Thank you.
2023-1-20
Use props
Brian T Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1164698 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-20 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what version of Goggles are you using? If DJI DJI Avata is used with DJI FPV Goggles V2, please switch the aircraft model to DJI Avata by going to “Settings”, “About” and “Switch Aircraft Model”. As the DJI Avata combo does not come with DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, the firmware version of the brand new DJI FPV Remote Controller 2, if you purchased an earlier version of the RC, activation is required first.

1. Use DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) to update the firmware of the remote controller to the latest version. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series

Thanks for the quick reply.  have the V2 goggles that came with the base Avata kit. I bought the controller separately. I have downloaded and followed the directions, upgraded the remote firmware and made sure the goggles were set to DJI Avata. That seems to have fixed the binding error, even after a couple of power-off cycles.

However, I still have a Remote controller control stick error message and have calibrated the joysticks 2x now. Any recs to fix that? - Brian
2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Brian T Photo Posted at 1-20 20:14
Thanks for the quick reply.  have the V2 goggles that came with the base Avata kit. I bought the controller separately. I have downloaded and followed the directions, upgraded the remote firmware and made sure the goggles were set to DJI Avata. That seems to have fixed the binding error, even after a couple of power-off cycles.

However, I still have a Remote controller control stick error message and have calibrated the joysticks 2x now. Any recs to fix that? - Brian

Thank you for keeping us posted. Regarding the DJI FPV Remote controller 2, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. Once you already fill in all the needed information, our team will contact you to provide further information on how to send the product to us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules