DJI MIC Receiver not connecting to PC for firmware update
3178 6 2023-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NathanRW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41362 ft
United States

I'm trying to update to the newest firmware for the DJI Mic Receiver.
However, when I plug the receiver into my PC it will only connect as a microphone input. I am connecting through the USB-C.

I cannot update the firmware!

Windows isn't recognizing it as a USB Drive.

Computer:

• Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
  • Installed RAM        12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)
  • Device ID        XXXXXXX
  • Product ID        XXXXXXX
  • System type        64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • Pen and touch        No pen or touch input is available for this display
  • Edition        Windows 10 Home
  • Version        21H2
  • Installed on        ‎10/‎18/‎2020
  • OS build        19044.2486
  • Experience        Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

2023-1-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your USB-C cable to a different USB port on your computer and check if you can now access the file manager of the DJI MIC? After that, put the two firmware packages (files ended with "bin") in the root directories of the receiver (RX) and two transmitters (TX) respectively. If the issue persists, please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if there are any changes. You may refer to the tutorial video below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-1-21
Use props
NathanRW
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-21 20:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to connect your USB-C cable to a different USB port on your computer and check if you can now access the file manager of the DJI MIC? After that, put the two firmware packages (files ended with "bin") in the root directories of the receiver (RX) and two transmitters (TX) respectively. If the issue persists, please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if there are any changes. You may refer to the tutorial video below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZi7-ZEOW8

I have eight (8) different USB inputs on my computer. I've tried all of them.

I've also tried swapping out the cord used to connect multiple times. it shows up as a wireless microphone, but not as a drive.

2023-1-22
Use props
fanse0071843
lvl.1
United States

I have same issue. The transmitter cannot be recognized by window.
2023-8-29
Use props
NathanRW
lvl.1
United States

I have now tried to do this with five different computers (and even more cables). And NONE of them recognize the transmitter as a device I can access to add files. It only recognizes it as a microphone. Still have yet to update the firmware on the receiver. Very Very Frustrated. The transmitters are recognized just fine, but not the receiver.
2023-9-9
Use props
Kaptation
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9370 ft
France

I have encounter the same issue. My DJI Mic worked well since february, I used them pretty often. End of August I had 10 Interviews and a festival to film, and when I tried to acces the internal memory of one of the transmitters It was impossible to see the Mic on Windows.
After trying for 1 complete week every day, and chatting with DJI its suddently came back. I managed to recover my precious files but after thtat it went invisible again.

I of course tried every cable I had access to, every computers, nothing. The only thing that seems to work isconnecting and disconnecting multiple times ( could be hendreds ).
They run on the last firmware, and the other transmitter and the receiver works fine.  
2023-10-3
Use props
gabukaishi
New

United States

I created an account just to answer this question after being frustrated myself.

For me, i plugged the receiver in and had to push the power button then my computer recognized it. hope this helps.
3-14 18:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules