920 12 2023-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niko_12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25351 ft
Germany

Dear community,
a short recap of my case - DO NOT send batteries to dji service center, even if prompted to do so. You will not get them back.

Here is my case. After a minor accident with my mini 2 I contacted dji customer support. Since I have an active care refresh plan, customer support advised me to send in drone to a dji service center for inspectation, just for case. According to the desciption of the accident which I made in the online repair inquiry form on the dji website, dji reccommended me to send in the drone, the remote controller and the battery for inspectation. This was also what I did. Since the result of the inspectation in the service center were just cosmetic defects, i.e. scratches, without any technical issues, I therefore asked the drone to be sent back as it was, without being repaired/replaced. Yesterday I received the package sent back from the service center. Inside were the drone, the remote controller, but without the battery I sent. I immediatelly contacted customer support, but they claimed that I have not sent any battery, which is definetely not true. Even in the email which I received from dji as a confirmation, that the package arrived in the service center, it is mentioned that they don´t have any information about the condition of the battery, since I didn´t mention anything about it in the accident description in the repair inquiry form. By the way, there wasn´t any technical issue with the battery, that´s why it wasn´t mentioned in the accident description. I sent it in, just because it was requested by dji to do so. At the end, the "free" inspectation service cost me a fully functioning battery.
DJI, please investigate, I hope to get the battery back.
PS I took a photo of the serial number of the battery before putting it into the package. If needed, it can be provided.

Regards
2023-1-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

"DO NOT send batteries to dji service center, even if prompted to do so"

In this way, a faulty battery cannot be sent for repair. You will always have your battery, faulty, but at least it won't be lost. Genius !

The DJI Europe after-sales service is very competent, on the mass of packages they must receive every day there can certainly be errors.

Also, the transport of lithium batteries is regulated. Maybe you will receive a second package with the battery alone in a few days. I bet a forum moderator will come to your rescue soon.

In conclusion:
-Continue to send your batteries if necessary.
-Summarize the contents of the package when writing the repair request.
-Do not give false good recommendations on the forum.
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
2023-1-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have sent batteries to the service centre in NL and they got returned.  
2023-1-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's never been an issue for me so I am taking this guidance with a grain of salt.   Everyone can have something wonky happen, and it is easy to get spun around the axel on things, but overall DJI has done a pretty good job of taking care of service items for me.
2023-1-21
Use props
Niko_12
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-21 01:36
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will confirm this issue with the corresponding team and get back to you asap.
Thank you for your support! I am looking forward for your response
2023-1-22
Use props
Niko_12
lvl.1
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-21 00:56
"DO NOT send batteries to dji service center, even if prompted to do so"

My overall experience with the customer service during the repair inquiry process was indeed very positive, beside of the very last step when getting back the inspected drone and founding out that the battery, I had sent, was missing. By the way, I needed to ship the drone to the service center in Hungary, as defined on the shipping label provided by DJI. In fact, before preparing the package I found in the forum similar cases of people mentioning missing batteries when shipping to/ from a service center. However, I also found feedback from DJI customer support stating that sent batteries and shipped back, so I decided to sent mine as well, since it was advised to do so by DJI
2023-1-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I've always sent batteries into the repair center without issue. Mine go to the center in Texas, USA.

Of course, I've mentioned the battery in correspondence with DJI Support and mentioned it in the request form. I've even gotten SD cards back after forgetting to take them out of the drone.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Niko_12 Posted at 1-22 04:55
Thank you for your support! I am looking forward for your response

You're welcome. We will get back to you as soon as we receive an update. Due to the holiday, there may be some delay. Thanks for your patience in advance.
2023-1-22
Use props
Niko_12
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-22 23:22
You're welcome. We will get back to you as soon as we receive an update. Due to the holiday, there may be some delay. Thanks for your patience in advance.

Dear community,
my case hast been resolved and therefore I would like to share my experience. First of all, I would like to thank to DJI customer service for the support and fast response.
At the end, there was an investigation regarding where the battery might be. The result was, that the battery is missing and got lost, so I was sent a replacement battery free of charge as a compensation.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Niko_12 Posted at 1-31 00:20
Dear community,
my case hast been resolved and therefore I would like to share my experience. First of all, I would like to thank to DJI customer service for the support and fast response.
At the end, there was an investigation regarding where the battery might be. The result was, that the battery is missing and got lost, so I was sent a replacement battery free of charge as a compensation.

Thanks for your update. Glad to know you've received the battery. Your feedback is our greatest motivation. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_jV3ZSYTRWNyg
New

United States

Its been over a week of having it sent back to me and still no answer on my missing drone battery and the small box that comes with a screwdriver and extra propellers. Regret sending in. I didnt even have an issue with the battery.
2023-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_jV3ZSYTRWNyg Posted at 6-26 20:16
Its been over a week of having it sent back to me and still no answer on my missing drone battery and the small box that comes with a screwdriver and extra propellers. Regret sending in. I didnt even have an issue with the battery.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. We will do our best to help you with this concern of yours, could you please provide us the case number via PM so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules