Distorted Video when turning fast
723 10 2023-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75810 ft
Indonesia

So i just noticed that the video footage form my mini SE is a bit distorted when turning fast(example posted), is this normal? my settings are 2.7K 30 FPS, and all other was on auto.
2023-1-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Perfectly normal. Just like your eyes.
2023-1-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you are shooting video turn more slowly, turning that quickly was quite disturbing.
2023-1-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were you intending a fast turn? A smoother, slower turn should not produce that effect.  Have you tried a different frame rate?
2023-1-21
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-21 10:46
Perfectly normal. Just like your eyes.

I see i see
2023-1-21
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

Blériot53 Posted at 1-21 13:26
Were you intending a fast turn? A smoother, slower turn should not produce that effect.  Have you tried a different frame rate?

Im just trying to fly my new drone, didnt intended to turn fast, but then i noticed those distortion in the recording
2023-1-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BoozingBearMan Posted at 1-21 17:36
Im just trying to fly my new drone, didnt intended to turn fast, but then i noticed those distortion in the recording

OK. A bit more practice and you'll soon smooth things out.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query with us. It is normal, the Mavic series and Mini series electronic shutter is a rolling shutter, which works through line-by-line exposure of the image sensor. When the exposure starts, the image sensor will scan and expose by lines until all pixel points are exposed. The exposure of each line on the image is not different. However, all lines of the image are displayed as an integer. When shooting an object moving or rotating at a high speed, or when the light source moves rapidly, the rolling shutter will appear. This is unavoidable when using a rolling shutter. When an aircraft moves at a high speed or rotates, it is equivalent to the camera moving at a high speed. Due to the characteristics of the rolling shutter, the upright object will be tilted. This is normal. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-22
Use props
BoozingBearMan
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-22 20:03
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this query with us. It is normal, the Mavic series and Mini series electronic shutter is a rolling shutter, which works through line-by-line exposure of the image sensor. When the exposure starts, the image sensor will scan and expose by lines until all pixel points are exposed. The exposure of each line on the image is not different. However, all lines of the image are displayed as an integer. When shooting an object moving or rotating at a high speed, or when the light source moves rapidly, the rolling shutter will appear. This is unavoidable when using a rolling shutter. When an aircraft moves at a high speed or rotates, it is equivalent to the camera moving at a high speed. Due to the characteristics of the rolling shutter, the upright object will be tilted. This is normal. Thank you for your valued support.

ah, thanks for the detailed information, thank you
2023-1-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, that is how most cheap camera sensors work.
They are read row by row (very fast) but if you turn fast, it is still visible.
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BoozingBearMan Posted at 1-22 23:09
ah, thanks for the detailed information, thank you

You are very much welcome. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules