rs3 pro Roll axis shakes
123Next >
9144 97 2023-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, there is an update on your issue. There is a bit of information.
1. Regarding the customized vibration-absorbing head and arm:
1) Please help to confirm the design payload of them;
2) Were they initially designed only to match the "alexmos gimbal"?
3) Whether the settings of the vibration absorber have been adjusted to achieve the following effects:
a. Rotate the gimbal to different angles and see if it will return to the center at a constant speed;
b. Let go after lifting the moment arm, see if it returns to the leveled position at a constant speed
4) Does the vibration absorbing arm contain a "hydraulic damping support system", or does it only rely on spring support?
a. If the damping is adjustable, please increase the damping for bumpy roads;
b. If the "shock-absorbing arm" is only supported by springs, please try to replace the springs and test;

About "alexmos gimbal"
1) Could you please provide the appearance pictures of "alexmos gimbal"?
2) Does it achieve image stabilization when you use the current same set of "camera and accessories" be placed on the "alexmos gimbal" and mounted on the customized version of the vibration-absorbing head and arm?
3) Please provide information on the weight and load of the "alexmos gimbal".

3. Suggestions on the current shooting:
1) Suggestions for setting the gimbal mode:
a. Adjust the "following speed" to "slow" in the Ronin APP;
b. Adjust the "Dead Zone" to "High" in the Ronin APP;
c. Set "Manual adjustment" to off in the Ronin APP;

2) Bike shooting test:
If conditions permit, and the current bicycle can carry a person, please try to have one person hold the gimbal in the back seat, hold it forward at 45° to shoot, then we can confirm if there is a change of the image stabilization result.

3) Suggestions on the vibration absober device:
a. By comparing the third-party vehicle system accessories on the market and the set you are using, we can see it from the appearance that there is a certain gap in hardware performance and specifications. If there is a possibility, please upgrade/modify the device with reference to third-party vehicle system accessories;
b. Regarding the "bicycle", it can be seen that due to the uneven ground, and the bumps are caused by the frequent reversing of the bicycle wheels when moving forward, if possible, please upgrade the shock absorption system of the bicycle.
c. If it is possible, we still hope to know the information about the vibration absorber accessories, so that we can better understand the information of this kind of equipment.

If there may be a possibility of the gimbal's hardware issue after testing, you can send the gimbal back and we will manage further tests of the gimbal. Please click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
Thank you very much!

2023-3-18
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-18 22:52
Hi there, there is an update on your issue. There is a bit of information.
1. Regarding the customized vibration-absorbing head and arm:
1) Please help to confirm the design payload of them;

326366396_5705613366224740_7381326998116518656_n.jpg

297074775_187225157007788_2600887546292547987_n.jpg
as you can see my setup is well minded and developed, i don't have to compare with any other product on the market, i have my porevious gimbal results that proof whay i say, the rs3 pro needs more work on the firmware and add more settings to tweak in the app

i'll give a try to your suggested settings on the app, this had to be one of the fiorst answers from you but i keep discussing here about my setup, you are really stressimg me with this story, i gave you all the proofs you want but you keep telling me that my problem is in my setup or bicicle, they work fine, they are well balanced and they did a good job before of rs3

now about the alexmos, it is heavier, bigger, i was loading more weight on it than now on rs3 pro, it was linked to the arm with the same logic, the arm has springs and idraulic absorber on all the axis, nothing has more range of improvement, the bicicle is full springed front and back with air absrobers set to the smoother level possible, the tires are fat 4.4 inches set to the softer pressure prossible, all is well done, there are no super shakes coming from bike or arm

you saw my latest video, the gimbal has poor stabilization even on the asphalt!!! you have to watch the video in 4k on a big screen or you could beleave that on asphalt it works fine, but it's not, i feel that you are not considering me seriously, on the asphalt i have poor results anyway, more stable than on dirty road but shaky anyway

in the small video in the corner you can see how one of the absorption layers work, please consider that the camera for this little video was linked to the bicicle without absorption so you see how much my system is working, it does the job well, but small shakes happens anyway on the gimbal side

the reason for this could be the firmware that is meant to work mainly in handheld in portait mode and not in underslung mode

another cause could be that this gimbal is not well tested in underslung mode in a shaky situation on a spring arm, few people online use it in undeslung on a car with other spring arms on clean asphalt so super perfect conditions but this is just a very rare condition, usually there are shaky grounds to afford, if my old gimbal is more stable this one have to do the same, i biult my gimbal in YEAR 2015!!!

basing on my long experience with gimbals the cause is software not hardware, i can keep try testing rs3 with different settings but i need more focus from you in that direction instead of on my spring arm or bicicle or setup or whatelse you want to invent next time
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I understand your feedback, I will keep forwarding your idea regarding the RS 3 Pro's handling in underslung mode.
However, could you please still help to confirm the information:
3) Whether the settings of the vibration absorber have been adjusted to achieve the following effects:a. Rotate the gimbal to different angles and see if it will return to the center at a constant speed;
b. Let go after lifting the moment arm, see if it returns to the leveled position at a constant speed.
Thank you.

2023-3-19
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-19 20:33
I understand your feedback, I will keep forwarding your idea regarding the RS 3 Pro's handling in underslung mode.
However, could you please still help to confirm the information:
3) Whether the settings of the vibration absorber have been adjusted to achieve the following effects:a. Rotate the gimbal to different angles and see if it will return to the center at a constant speed;

i will do more test then report
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-21 13:40
i will do more test then report

Thank you, please also use the Lens-Fastening Support (Extended) and Lens-Fastening Strap to fix the camera. Please keep us updated.

2023-3-22
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-22 00:21
Thank you, please also use the Lens-Fastening Support (Extended) and Lens-Fastening Strap to fix the camera. Please keep us updated.

[view_image]

that's already done
2023-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-22 06:02
that's already done

You were referring that you had used these accessories in your new tests, right? As I reviewed the balanced video provided previously, they were not used. So just to make sure. Thank you for your confirmation.
2023-3-23
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-23 02:30
You were referring that you had used these accessories in your new tests, right? As I reviewed the balanced video provided previously, they were not used. So just to make sure. Thank you for your confirmation.

they are used already and there is absolutely no difference

i told you and showed you as well that my lens is well tightened and stable and anyway, i did add those little tools just to make you stop caring of the lense

it's not the lense that generates problems, it's the firmware

i hope you stop caring of the lense now
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-23 03:00
they are used already and there is absolutely no difference

i told you and showed you as well that my lens is well tightened and stable and anyway, i did add those little tools just to make you stop caring of the lense

Understand that, I have talked to the engineers and stressed your feedback and opinion again.
2023-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Anaka, after double confirmation with our engineers, the conclusions are as below:

1. About the reasons for the vibration in the riding scene:
1) BMPCC 4K itself has no anti-vibration function;
2) The gimbal itself is installed upside down, when the road surface is not flat and even, the gimbal may be subject to small and high-frequency vibrations;
3) In addition, the speed of the bicycle is uneven. If there is acceleration, even if the power of the motor is adjusted to the maximum for the current load, the output of the motor is already saturated, so there is no way to reduce the impact through the reverse rotation of the gimbal motor.

2. Why is there a big difference in stability between DJI RS 3 PRO and your customized gimbal:
Only based on the existing information and the appearance of the equipment, it is judged that there are certain differences in the performance of the gimbal motor, the design application scenarios of the gimbal, and the control logic of the gimbal, which results in a large difference in the stabilization effect.

3. We will pay attention to the usage requirements of such scenarios. If we optimize for such scenarios in the future, if the future update involves the usage of this scenario, we will mention it on the release record. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-3-27
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-27 01:46
Hi Anaka, after double confirmation with our engineers, the conclusions are as below:

1. About the reasons for the vibration in the riding scene:

hi Susan thanks for the reply

about your points....if on my Alexmos gimbal all works smooth you can't say that the Pocket4k camera has no stabilization....you can't sell a product with PRO in the name and then complain that my camera has no stabilizer....RED and other highhend cameras has no internal stabilizer neighter so this point is meaningless and anyway my Alexmos did not suffer of this
about the bike speed and the uneven ground...if your gimbal needs perfect conditions to work basically is a useless product, in perfect conditions i can film without a gimbal...once again PRO is not the class of this poroduct, as is clearly visible in my video test this gimbal has bad performances also in asphalt with very good conditions...you have to admit this

in the various videos online this gimbal is promoted as perfect product to work in both the modes, portait and underslung but in the reality it's not....this is not PRO and dji is selling something for more that what it really does

you basically are confirming what i told since the first moment, this gimbal needs much more focus from your team in the underslung mode, a lot of people will need this feature and you have to improve quality, your product have to work well by itself because few cameras has stabilizer and the most important ones with the best lenses don't have any stabilizer, you say that is a PRO level gimbal so it needs to work like a pro with all cameras...noth with Sony alpha only

i really hope that your team is going to improve quality, it's impossible that old gimbals with older motors and controllers work way better than yours, this is a shame in terms of development

my gimbal did wqork fine also in scenarios much worst than the ones i tested with RS3 PRO so don't take my words as an insult but you have to be seriously motivated to improve quality, this product has a great potential but as it works now it's just a consumer toy, it's far to be PRO
2023-3-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-27 09:30

about your points....if on my Alexmos gimbal all works smooth you can't say that the Pocket4k camera has no stabilization....you can't sell a product with PRO in the name and then complain that my camera has no stabilizer....RED and other highhend cameras has no internal stabilizer neighter so this point is meaningless and anyway my Alexmos did not suffer of this

Your feedback is important to us, our engineers will pay more attention to the similar usage scenario and keep optimizing the products. Apologize again for the issue.
2023-3-29
Use props
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-29 05:59
Your feedback is important to us, our engineers will pay more attention to the similar usage scenario and keep optimizing the products. Apologize again for the issue.

Your product(all RS series) does not work well even in the most classic scenario. Pass this on to your engineers. The old Ronin S in a similar test shows an excellent result.

2023-4-7
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

We need a recall or a refund. You choose, haha
2023-5-20
Use props
LucV
New

France

George_P Posted at 4-7 12:50
Your product(all RS series) does not work well even in the most classic scenario. Pass this on to your engineers. The old Ronin S in a similar test shows an excellent result.

https://youtu.be/zmhFMYZX6Oo

seems your video is almost unplayable on utube always stop during playing it ...
2023-5-30
Use props
LucV
New

France

anaka Posted at 3-27 09:30

about your points....if on my Alexmos gimbal all works smooth you can't say that the Pocket4k camera has no stabilization....you can't sell a product with PRO in the name and then complain that my camera has no stabilizer....RED and other highhend cameras has no internal stabilizer neighter so this point is meaningless and anyway my Alexmos did not suffer of this

man you're an example of calm and self control . I just read all your conversation ( as i'm having a vibration issue on handheld position with this brand new gimbal ) with the support which looks as Pro as the rs3 Pro seems to be... shame on DJI
2023-5-30
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

hi LucV thanks for your nice words, yes to keep calm is the only option here, let's wait for the next firmwares....the impression is that they care more to add new toy features more than have a stable product..
2023-6-1
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

George_P Posted at 4-7 12:50
Your product(all RS series) does not work well even in the most classic scenario. Pass this on to your engineers. The old Ronin S in a similar test shows an excellent result.

https://youtu.be/zmhFMYZX6Oo

great job George
2023-6-1
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-29 05:59

hi Susan some months are passed and the latest firmware didn't solve at all the issue in stabilization

can you please update us on this fixing process?

are you working on it in the development team?

stability is the first key feature and we all need it asap
2023-7-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 7-1 03:37
hi Susan some months are passed and the latest firmware didn't solve at all the issue in stabilization

can you please update us on this fixing process?

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have informed the engineers to take notes of your usage scenario, we have not received specific information about when there will be new firmware to optimize it, but we will keep forwarding your feedback to the engineers. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-2
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 7-2 19:36
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have informed the engineers to take notes of your usage scenario, we have not received specific information about when there will be new firmware to optimize it, but we will keep forwarding your feedback to the engineers. Thank you for your understanding.

hi Susan please show this video to your development team

they have to improve the basics of stabilization algorithm... when they fix this I'm pretty sure that all the rest will work fine

this guy made a very good job to show the issue in a simple way and quick to reproduce so your engineers have no more excuses now

this issue is probably the main reason of poor stabilization
2023-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 7-6 02:16
hi Susan please show this video to your development team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmhFMYZX6Oo&t=7s

Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, I will forward your feedback to our engineers for their notice.
2023-7-9
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 7-9 19:32
Deeply sorry for the inconvenience, I will forward your feedback to our engineers for their notice.

hey Susan can we have an answer from the engineers ??

every time you apalogize then disappear, how long do we have to wait to see a good firmware? this slinece is a shame, i gave you all the infgromation you need to fix the damned issue in stabilization, we want to see some changes now

what the team is working on? this is just a stupid firmware issue and they don't want to fix it...that's the main feeling
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 8-13 03:21
hey Susan can we have an answer from the engineers ??

every time you apalogize then disappear, how long do we have to wait to see a good firmware? this slinece is a shame, i gave you all the infgromation you need to fix the damned issue in stabilization, we want to see some changes now

I am sorry that there is no related information about whether firmware will be released for optimizing your usage scenario.
I will keep sending your feedback to our engineers. Hope for your kind understanding. Regarding your video provided above, you may try to set the deadband to a higher value, or try to long press the trigger to enter lock mode. Thank you.  
2023-8-14
Use props
niconiconico
New
United States

I have the exact same issues.  Please can we get some answers and fix this!
2023-9-1
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

hi Nico we are all waithing to see a good firmware...RS3 is really far to be PRO as it is now...and we can't use it for a serious job
2023-9-6
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 8-14 05:44
I am sorry that there is no related information about whether firmware will be released for optimizing your usage scenario.
I will keep sending your feedback to our engineers. Hope for your kind understanding. Regarding your video provided above, you may try to set the deadband to a higher value, or try to long press the trigger to enter lock mode. Thank you.  

hi Susan how are you doing?

do you have any news on the firmware uodate to fix the bad stabilization?

this is not my issue only but a lot of other users have the same problem, the gimbal stabilization is poor also in basic scenario as other users demonstrated so it is fundamental to solve it to use professional cameras

please keep insiting with the developers team on this issue
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 10-20 13:12
hi Susan how are you doing?

do you have any news on the firmware uodate to fix the bad stabilization?

Hi anaka, I am sorry that there is no specific information about the optimization in your usage scenario from the engineers. I will keep forwarding your feedback to them. Sorry for this.
2023-10-21
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 10-21 19:53
Hi anaka, I am sorry that there is no specific information about the optimization in your usage scenario from the engineers. I will keep forwarding your feedback to them. Sorry for this.

Hi Susan this is very frustrating, once again this is not my issue only, all the users have it!!

I can't beleave that dji keeps ignoring a so drastic problem, it is about the stabilization! the very first thing that a gimbal have to do

it is not possible that you have a so big problem and keep ignoring it....all the gimbal form competitors have a good stabilization!! this is a shame

please keep insisting to push this issue to the developer team, they only think about adding toy features and don't want to fix the stabilization that is the first and more important feature of a gimbal

it's impossible that this is keep going for so long.....they don't want to fix the issue!!
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 10-25 09:40
Hi Susan this is very frustrating, once again this is not my issue only, all the users have it!!

I can't beleave that dji keeps ignoring a so drastic problem, it is about the stabilization! the very first thing that a gimbal have to do

I will surely keep forwarding your feedback to our engineers for their attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-28
Use props
fans826929b9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33878 ft
United States

I hope to not have to use warp stabilizer on this RS3 some day. I didn’t notice how unstable it really is until I started using the PTF mode recently. Given how much this gimbal is, you figure you’d get your money’s worth.
2023-10-31
Use props
WPK
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-28 00:55
I will surely keep forwarding your feedback to our engineers for their attention. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Susan,

I am a professional cinematographer of 20 years. I've used many gimbals and I've never gotten good results from the RS2 or RS3 pro. All of these complaints are legitimate issues. You can keep telling us to test things but the fact remains these gimbals have never worked with payloads well below your specs. They work in the same scenario with other brands. You even made the arms longer with the rs3 pro and they still have micro shakes.

WHAT IS THE PLAN FROM DJI TO REMEDY THIS?!?!? My professional work has suffered from this problem.

2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WPK Posted at 11-3 06:23
Hi Susan,

I am a professional cinematographer of 20 years. I've used many gimbals and I've never gotten good results from the RS2 or RS3 pro. All of these complaints are legitimate issues. You can keep telling us to test things but the fact remains these gimbals have never worked with payloads well below your specs. They work in the same scenario with other brands. You even made the arms longer with the rs3 pro and they still have micro shakes.

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. Regarding the issues you encountered, could you please tell me the camera and lens you are using, and could you please provide a video of the issue and a result video recorded on the camera for better assistance? You may upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and send me the link. Thank you very much.
2023-11-7
Use props
MFProduction
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone
I have the same issue with my RS 2. I worked with other gimbal Crane 2 and Crane 2 doesn't have this issue. It feels a little smoother and there is no wobble as users mentioned above. I like the DJI ecosystem, but this issue is bugging me. I hope the company will soon solve this problem by releasing a normal stabilizer firmware update
2023-11-12
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

MFProduction Posted at 11-12 00:57
Hello everyone
I have the same issue with my RS 2. I worked with other gimbal Crane 2 and Crane 2 doesn't have this issue. It feels a little smoother and there is no wobble as users mentioned above. I like the DJI ecosystem, but this issue is bugging me. I hope the company will soon solve this problem by releasing a normal stabilizer firmware update
hi MFProduction i'm afraid that the only way to have an aswer is to reply to one of the messages from Susan...it looks like they don't read the threads so often but they read when someone replies

unfortunately they keep taking time asking us videos of the setups and all the rest...they know exactly the issue but for some misterious commercial reason they have no intention to fix it, that's what i realized in 1 year

btw thanks to keep this thread alive, we have some hope that after a lot of complains from diferrent profesisonal users they will finally upgrade the firmware, before of buying a dji gimbal i was building gimbals by myself using the alexmos free platform and those kind of bad stabilizations did never exist, it's a firmware issue for what i can tell
2023-11-12
Use props
Aurélien DB
lvl.1

France

Did you guys have tightened the axis at its maximum?
You can pull the lock to tight it even more, as shown in this video : https://youtu.be/OroRrr5NCM4?si=WDOVk9XHa5Spo-It&t=335
2023-11-13
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

i can guarantee that by my side all the axes are very well balanced and locked

it's a software issue... there is a video on this thread from another user that shows the issue also in very basic and easy conditions

if it fails there it will fail ever... they have to improve the software because as it is now it's ridiculous
2023-11-14
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 7-9 19:32

Hey Susan it's been almost one year now with this issue... you have to push the development team to fix it

it's not my issue only... all the customers have the same issue, you are just ignoring us!!

what the hell! you have no intention to fix the issue! you just want to sell and later no customer care

this gimbal had the worst stabilization quality i ever seen and you sell it as professional!!

dji just wants to sell but not fix.... and if we need a light solution that works with professional cameras we can't have it... but you keep selling this crap as professional!

you just have to improve the firmware but you don't want

that's the only truth i can see after one year
2023-12-6
Use props
UNKNOWNDJI
lvl.2
Australia

I am facing a similar issue. The DJI RS3 PRO is not stable. I also have the RS2 with me and tested it out for comparison, and I could clearly see that the RS3 stabilization is shakier. The DJI team is not providing any solutions to customers; this is a significant issue. The specifications they provided upon release have proven to be false, and many users will agree. A lot of professionals have faced issues with their jobs including myself.

We need to take action. A lawsuit might be the answer.
2023-12-7
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

UNKNOWNDJI Posted at 12-7 07:27
I am facing a similar issue. The DJI RS3 PRO is not stable. I also have the RS2 with me and tested it out for comparison, and I could clearly see that the RS3 stabilization is shakier. The DJI team is not providing any solutions to customers; this is a significant issue. The specifications they provided upon release have proven to be false, and many users will agree. A lot of professionals have faced issues with their jobs including myself.

We need to take action. A lawsuit might be the answer.
i totally agree... but i don't know how to proceed in that direction.. if you know more on it please tell me, this is a global fraud and dji just ignores us..

they just think about business and profit but not to respect and listen the customers that gave them money
2023-12-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules