rs3 pro Roll axis shakes
123Next >
8679 97 2023-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

HI everibody i'm new here and with dji in general, i just started to take confidence with rs3 pro and a bike rig with spring arm
the same kind of rig that is used for cars

i have a bad result on the roll axis, it did never work well yet, i ever have a little shake in the sabilization, i'm in supersmooth mode with auto config and the latest beta firmware
the new firmware looks working better on this issue but i still have bad results

any suggestion to fix this is very wellcome

anaka
2023-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, please make sure to balance the gimbal with the camera properly, and calibrate the gimbal and check again. Please do a balance test to see if the axis is balanced properly.
Besides, please exit SuperSmooth mode first and check again. SuperSmooth mode was developed for fast-moving scenarios, if you are currently not using it in fast-moving scenarios, you can exit it.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, a video would be highly appreciated.
2023-1-21
Use props
Benno Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148865 ft
Netherlands

What is a ‘balance test’, just a click on the green pictogram to see if there is no green bar? When you balance perfect you won’t see green.
2023-1-22
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

the gimbal is perfectly balanced, i'm new to dji but very senior in gombals, i did all the calibrations available, then did use the normal mode and calibrated as well
the results are sliglty better but still shakes on the roll axis
in the next session i will try to play with parameters a bit, i'm used to work with alexmos where you have tons of settings so i feel a bit limitated, is there any kind of developer level menu? something hidden maybe

can't post videos for now but will produce some example soon

any advice more is wellcome
2023-1-26
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

i need help to fix this undesirable stabilization
to me it looks a mix of roll and yaw axis that have poor stabilization, i did several tests with custom parameters but nothing really did work, i did notice a small improvement reducing the values in the motors settings but the issue is still there

photo1674997706.jpeg

here is my setup

https://www.pond5.com/collections/4671094-snow

here you can see some results with this setup and my old alexmos custom made gimbal

2023-1-29
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

if the test video doesn't load try this alternative link
2023-1-30
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

https://youtu.be/FQT5pXrUL7g

try again this link if the one in the previous post won't work
2023-1-30
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 1-21 23:54
Hi there, please make sure to balance the gimbal with the camera properly, and calibrate the gimbal and check again. Please do a balance test to see if the axis is balanced properly.
Besides, please exit SuperSmooth mode first and check again. SuperSmooth mode was developed for fast-moving scenarios, if you are currently not using it in fast-moving scenarios, you can exit it.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists, a video would be highly appreciated.
hey Susan is it possible to have an answer?

i wait by days
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-1 08:42
hey Susan is it possible to have an answer?

i wait by days

I am deeply sorry for the belated reply, I only noticed your reply when you hit the reply button to me.
May I know if the roll axis shaking issue only exists when you use it with the bike rig or it exists even when you are holding the gimbal to use it? And it only exists in Roll axis, is that correct?
2023-2-2
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-2 20:40
I am deeply sorry for the belated reply, I only noticed your reply when you hit the reply button to me.
May I know if the roll axis shaking issue only exists when you use it with the bike rig or it exists even when you are holding the gimbal to use it? And it only exists in Roll axis, is that correct?

hi Susan thanks for your time

no i didn't try the gimbal in hand held mode yet, will try it in the weekend then will tell you if all is fine

speak soon
2023-2-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-3 01:14
hi Susan thanks for your time

no i didn't try the gimbal in hand held mode yet, will try it in the weekend then will tell you if all is fine

Thank you, please keep us updated on the result.
At the same time, please help to confirm which model your gimbal is using (PT, PTF, FPV). And provide a video of the balanced camera and gimbal with the gimbal test, and the video shooting from the camera by holding the gimbal by hand. Look forward to your reply.
2023-2-4
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-4 06:44
Thank you, please keep us updated on the result.
At the same time, please help to confirm which model your gimbal is using (PT, PTF, FPV). And provide a video of the balanced camera and gimbal with the gimbal test, and the video shooting from the camera by holding the gimbal by hand. Look forward to your reply.

hi Susan i did a quick reconfiguration of the gimbal to work hand held, then rebalanced all and calibrated all again, the results look fine now but it's just the first test in hand held mode

here you have the balance test video, tyhere is just a bit of unbalance in the yaw axis but this is the best i can achieve in this config

i did use the gimbal in FPT mode and stabilization looks fine, will do more tests tomorrow then will share a video proof
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-4 09:26
hi Susan i did a quick reconfiguration of the gimbal to work hand held, then rebalanced all and calibrated all again, the results look fine now but it's just the first test in hand held mode

https://youtu.be/XbwKtmlMTg8

Thank you for your update on this, the video is now unavailable, you may double-check when you are at your convenience.
2023-2-4
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-4 20:14
Thank you for your update on this, the video is now unavailable, you may double-check when you are at your convenience.

hi susan the video works, but only on youtube, you just have to click on the link and you'll see it
i don't know why all the video links i post here are not visible or the link remails as text only

i can't do anithing for this
2023-2-5
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-4 20:14
Thank you for your update on this, the video is now unavailable, you may double-check when you are at your convenience.

here you can see the stabilization in hand held mode and FPT mode with joystick

i hope this is enough, if you need more just let me know
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-5 07:07
https://youtu.be/ugiifqUWBhU

here you can see the stabilization in hand held mode and FPT mode with joystick

Thank you very much, I will confirm it as soon as possible and keep you updated.
2023-2-6
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-6 03:41
Thank you very much, I will confirm it as soon as possible and keep you updated.
here you have the bike rig video test so you have all you need

2023-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-6 13:15
here you have the bike rig video test so you have all you need

Thank you for your information. Would you mind telling us the camera and lens model you are using?
It seems that the issue may be caused by the untightened camera lens mount. Please make sure that the camera lens mount is tightened already. Thank you.
2023-2-8
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-8 05:24
Thank you for your information. Would you mind telling us the camera and lens model of us?
It seems that the issue may be caused by the untightened camera lens mount. Please make sure that the camera lens mount is tightened already. Thank you.

hi Susan that's simply impossible...i did use this camera and lens config by years with my old gimbal, custom made with Alexmos hardware, and all my videos were stable, the bad wobbling in the video comes by poor stabilization from RS3 pro.

if you want to have a look at what i filmed with the old gimbal you can see some examples at the following link

https://www.pond5.com/collections/4671094-snow

my lens is irix 11mm with speed booster cinema version all tightened on a small rig cage for black magic 4k camera... all is done at pro level... the only responsible of wobbling is the gimbal
2023-2-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-8 05:40
hi Susan that's simply impossible...i did use this camera and lens config by years with my old gimbal, custom made with Alexmos hardware, and all my videos were stable, the bad wobbling in the video comes by poor stabilization from RS3 pro.

if you want to have a look at what i filmed with the old gimbal you can see some examples at the following link

Deeply sorry for the belated reply, thank you for your additional information.

Just to double confirm, the stabilization result is fine when you are holding it in hand, right?

If this is the case, you may also try this:
a. Try to increase the gimbal motor stiffness and do more tests.
b. Try to use another lens to do cross-testing to see if this is related.
2023-2-10
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-10 23:02
Deeply sorry for the belated reply, thank you for your additional information.

Just to double confirm, the stabilization result is fine when you are holding it in hand, right?

hi Susan i confirm that the hand held mode works fine and the upside down mode on bicycle doesn't

it is absolutely impossible that the issue is from the lens, that kind of wobble can't be generated by the lens, if it was lens related the issue would be different and i did already work on it

once again and i hope i don't have to repeat more in the future, you are talking to a developer of gimbals, i know what to do and i garant you that there are no mistakes in how i did config my camera, the balances of all axis, the calibrations and all the rest, the wobble comes from the gimbal and it's related to software probably

i add some pictures to show how well tightened is the camera and the lens,  all is stable steady and well assembled

i did already several tests on changing the few parameters that i can control from the app but nothing did work seriously, i need more settings, i need more controls, i need a better stabilization quality, this is the lowest quality i did ever had in the last 10 years, i start to feel tired to read "balance the axis"  "balance the camera"  or similar, those are mistakes for beginners and i'm a senior

i need to make this gimbal work fine and i feel that the issue is in the high frequency shakes that come from the bicycle and there are not enough parameters in the gimbal to counterbalance those vibrations
2023-2-11
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Susan i did one more round of balancing and calibration and in underslug mode (hadle UP) if i do the AutoCheck i get error 1010 and 1009
if i do the same in normal mode (handle DOWN) i get no errors

i think this is one more important data to know, it would be useful as well to know what those codes mean

the strange thing is that all balances and calibrations are well done in both the modes and all is calibrated
2023-2-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-11 10:18
Hi Susan i did one more round of balancing and calibration and in underslug mode (hadle UP) if i do the AutoCheck i get error 1010 and 1009
if i do the same in normal mode (handle DOWN) i get no errors

Your feedback is noted, I will double-confirm with the engineers.
For the 1009 and 1010 error, the possible reason could be that the gimbal is in underslung mode when you do the autocheck (the gimbal is not in its proper initial position when powered on). But I will see if our engineers have further suggestions. Thank you for your patience.
2023-2-13
Use props
Vitor G.D.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70499 ft
Brazil

I have this problem (normal, briefcase... all modes, despite some being less noticeable than others) since day one with this gimbal. A lot of people too. DJI haven't solved the problem till today. It's time (late) for them to public recognize this and make a recall or solve it by firmware. Instead, they'll just fill us up with questions and tests till we get tired and give up. The best answers I got: don't use supersmooth and don't use the locks when turning the gimbal on.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI Susan Posted at 2-13 03:57
Your feedback is noted, I will double-confirm with the engineers.
For the 1009 and 1010 error, the possible reason could be that the gimbal is in underslung mode when you do the autocheck (the gimbal is not in its proper initial position when powered on). But I will see if our engineers have further suggestions. Thank you for your patience.

Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know if it is convenient to use another lens without having to use the lens mount?
2023-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vitor G.D. Posted at 2-17 07:15
I have this problem (normal, briefcase... all modes, despite some being less noticeable than others) since day one with this gimbal. A lot of people too. DJI haven't solved the problem till today. It's time (late) for them to public recognize this and make a recall or solve it by firmware. Instead, they'll just fill us up with questions and tests till we get tired and give up. The best answers I got: don't use supersmooth and don't use the locks when turning the gimbal on.

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you also experience the same issue.
Could you please also help to provide a video of your setup? Thank you very much.
2023-2-18
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-18 04:49
Hi there, I am sorry for the belated reply. May I know if it is convenient to use another lens without having to use the lens mount?

hi Susan i did already try with another lens that is micro 4/3 and doesn't need any adapter mount
the results are perfectly the same

https://www.laowa.de/6mm-t2-1-zero-d-cine

with this lens i also reduce about 1kg the payload but nothing changes really
it goes slightly better but still wobbling

please trust me it's not the lens, it's not the configuration i made, it's from the gimbal, if there are enough vibrations it fails the stabilization, yourt engineers need to improve the stabilization algoritm and possibly add some more parameters to tweak for a higher level of stabilization
it looks like the gimbal is well tested for handheld mode only

they have to improve the underslug mode, the menu as well look missing this option, all the text remains in the default orientation so it's hard to read it in underslug mode, and the autocheck doesn't work in underslug mode for the same reason...it looks that this configuration needs much more efforts from developers to become really stable and PRO level
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-19 09:33
hi Susan i did already try with another lens that is micro 4/3 and doesn't need any adapter mount

This is noted, your feedback will be noted and forwarded to the engineers. Sorry again for the issue caused.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-19 09:33

Hi there, during the low-angle camera movement (use in the Flashlight mode or Underslung mode), the motor stiffness is relatively high due to the change of payload on the pan axis, thus causing the gimbal to shake.
In this situation, we will suggest decreasing the gimbal motor stiffness correspondingly. As you had tried to decrease the values on the motors settings, may I double confirm if you adjusted the stiffness at that time? Please make sure to disable SuperSmooth, then adjust the motor stiffness again and see if the issue can be optimized a bit.
If the issue is still the same, please help to provide a screenshot of the motor settings you had tried, we will try to see if we can reproduce the same scenario on our end.
Thank you very much.
2023-2-20
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-20 23:29
Hi there, during the low-angle camera movement (use in the Flashlight mode or Underslung mode), the motor stiffness is relatively high due to the change of payload on the pan axis, thus causing the gimbal to shake.
In this situation, we will suggest decreasing the gimbal motor stiffness correspondingly. As you had tried to decrease the values on the motors settings, may I double confirm if you adjusted the stiffness at that time? Please make sure to disable SuperSmooth, then adjust the motor stiffness again and see if the issue can be optimized a bit.
If the issue is still the same, please help to provide a screenshot of the motor settings you had tried, we will try to see if we can reproduce the same scenario on our end.

ok Susan next weekend will try once again to manipulate the settings that you describe then tell you again my impressions
2023-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-21 13:44
ok Susan next weekend will try once again to manipulate the settings that you describe then tell you again my impressions

Thank you very much, and I really appreciate your time and cooperation in walking through this issue.
2023-2-23
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Susan here you have the screenshots from the latest session of tests
the fist one, marked in red, is the calibration without any change, all the others are the combinations i did try
all is in underslug mode

none of them did work fine, the one that did work more is the one that comes out from the calibration, i have no idea on how far to shift the parameters so if you can tell me how many units to move on each test it would be appreciated, i did change about 5 units on each test as you can see

dji1.jpg
2023-2-25
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-23 00:59
Thank you very much, and I really appreciate your time and cooperation in walking through this issue.
hi Susan did you read my latest reply?

the more i test the gimbal the more i feel that it needs a more strong firmware for the level of vibrations i have to manage in underslung mode
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-28 00:04

the more i test the gimbal the more i feel that it needs a more strong firmware for the level of vibrations i have to manage in underslung mode

Deeply sorry for the belated reply and thank you very much for your feedback. Just to double confirm, the weight of your lens and camera is ‎695+730, which is 1425g, right? I reported the case to the engineers and we will try to see if the issue can be reproduced on our end.
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 2-28 00:04

Hi there, the engineers have some feedback and if you would be able to try, please see if the vibration will exist when you are riding on the flat concrete ground.
Besides, as you mentioned that the issue does not exist with your other gimbal, the gimbal weight could be different, which may result in the issue. Therefore, could you please try to adjust the vibration absorber spring device?

If that still does not make any difference, kindly tell us the gimbal model you used previously, and the vibration absorber spring device brand and model. Thank you. 1.png
2023-2-28
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-28 19:55
Hi there, the engineers have some feedback and if you would be able to try, please see if the vibration will exist when you are riding on the flat concrete ground.
Besides, as you mentioned that the issue does not exist with your other gimbal, the gimbal weight could be different, which may result in the issue. Therefore, could you please try to adjust the vibration absorber spring device?

[Image]

hi Susan will collect all the information then will tell you more in detail

btw my spring arm and the old gimbal are custom made, i built then by myself so there is no model or brand to mention
2023-3-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-2 03:59
hi Susan will collect all the information then will tell you more in detail

btw my spring arm and the old gimbal are custom made, i built then by myself so there is no model or brand to mention

I see, thank you for your clarification. Please try to adjust the spring arm if the vibration exists when you ride the bike on smooth flat ground. Thank you.
2023-3-2
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-2 23:57
I see, thank you for your clarification. Please try to adjust the spring arm if the vibration exists when you ride the bike on smooth flat ground. Thank you.

hi Susan sorry for the delay but i made some tests as you suggested and the results are not that positive

i did try to reliease a bit more my regulations on the spring arm and the result was more unstable so i already was in a ideal condition with my old settings

about the weight of the load i think i'm more than 2 Kg but less than 2.5 Kg

camera body - pocket 4k
speedbooster adapter XL cinema
irix 11mm EF
smallrig half cage
gps antenna
samsung T5 with holder,  focus motor with linkage

i will keep testing more options but the overall feeling is that the undeslung mode needs a specific set of calibrations and settings to finetune the results

2023-3-9
Use props
anaka
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 3-2 23:57

hi susan here you have a proof of what i say
please consider that this is the best resul i had till now, watch it in 4k on a professional big monitor and you'll see the unstability

now you and your team have all the information to find a solution
2023-3-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

anaka Posted at 3-9 13:55
hi Susan sorry for the delay but i made some tests as you suggested and the results are not that positive

i did try to reliease a bit more my regulations on the spring arm and the result was more unstable so i already was in a ideal condition with my old settings

Thank you very much for your detailed information, I have sent your feedback to our engineers. Once there is a reply, I will get back to you right away, thank you for your patience.
2023-3-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules