Mini 3 pro with GPS problem?
2869 7 2023-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dream3
lvl.1

Brazil

photo_2023-01-22_13-18-41.jpg

Hey guys. I have recently bought a mini 3 pro with the upgraded remote controller.

I noticed it never displays my current location, its always that Winneba place. Even when I'm connected to a wifi network...

What's up with that? Is my RC defective? Is there a hidden setting to enable it?

This is very annoying.

2023-1-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you zoom out on that map view, you'd see the position is in the ocean south of western Africa at 0.00°E  0.00°N.
It doesn't think it's there, you just don't have GPS reception.
Is the controller outdoors with a clear view of most of the sky?
Is GPS enabled in the settings?

2023-1-22
Use props
dream3
lvl.1

Brazil

Labroides Posted at 1-22 13:47
If you zoom out on that map view, you'd see the position is in the ocean south of western Africa at 0.00°E  0.00°N.
It doesn't think it's there, you just don't have GPS reception.
Is the controller outdoors with a clear view of most of the sky?

thanks. How do I know if I have GPS enabled? I dont see that in the RC settings
2023-1-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dream3 Posted at 1-22 14:14
thanks. How do I know if I have GPS enabled? I dont see that in the RC settings

I don't have that controller to check, but if it's like ordinary Android devices, in your settings ... go to Security and Privacy and see what is under Location there.
2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, dream3. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. To get the exact location please check the following below:

1. Make sure the internet is connected.
2. Make sure the GPS signal is strong. DJI RC locating depends on GPS. We recommend turning on DJI RC to obtain locating information in an outdoor place that has a strong GPS signal. The positioning priority is GPS-> Network. When the drone and remote controller have no GPS signal, the position will be searched for through the network. However, due to poor accuracy (depending on the server address), a recent location may be recognized.
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JJB*. Is there anything we can help you with? Feel free to add any suggestions to your co-pilot. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-25 00:20
Hi, JJB*. Is there anything we can help you with? Feel free to add any suggestions to your co-pilot. Thank you for your support.

Hi Gamora,

Just a wrong post....if possible  delete this empty post.

cheers
JJB
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 1-25 07:00
Hi Gamora,

Just a wrong post....if possible  delete this empty post.

Hi, JJB*. Thank you for the reply. No worries. Your previous post has been deleted. Have a good one!
2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules