New DJI RC Plus Firmware Released (01/13/2023) - Expired?
3314 10 2023-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

Hi there,

got this in DJI Pilot 2 after update to firmware V01.02.03.54:

translation needed

translation needed
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

How to translate?

Expired Cancel Update ???

Expired Cancel Update ???
2023-1-22
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

Hi there,

can someone help me to translate?

What has expired?

Thank you in advance.

2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 1-26 13:58
Hi there,

It's written:

Airport Deployment Site Selection.         Ephemeris Expired

The ephemeris data has expired, the lack of ephemeris data will not be able to calculate satellite out.

Signal quality check result, please update

Please choose a site in an open area with no obstacles around. (This last sentence is written on background)

So it seems you are facing GNSS issue
2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 1-26 13:58
Hi there,

The GNSS ephemeris is the timestamp contained in the frame.  It is the signal that the satellite sends which is neither more nor less than a large precise clock.  then the GNSS receiver calculates the travel time, the difference between the signals received and deduces its position.  

Contrary to what the collective imagination thinks, there is no connection to satellites.  There is only one transmitter and one receiver, the data flow goes only in one direction.

It's a very strange error message.  Normally this can happen inside a building.

I doubt this is the problem but by any chance, is the time of your RC correct?
2023-1-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

GNSS units rely on an almanac that contains ephemeris and other data. the almanac is good for a set amount of time and must be recent. almanacs are usually downloaded from a GNSS satellite in the background when needed, but some GNSS units will allow you to force it or put an almanac file downloaded elsewhere onto the unit. of course DJI controllers are not so sophisticated to allow this.

leave the unit on and in a location with a clear view of the sky and it should download an almanac within 10-15 minutes.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-26 21:43
It's written:

Airport Deployment Site Selection.         Ephemeris Expired

Hi LV_Forestry,

thank you very much for your help.

Where did you get the translation from, is it official?

I was afraid to confirm something unknown.
2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-26 21:56
The GNSS ephemeris is the timestamp contained in the frame.  It is the signal that the satellite sends which is neither more nor less than a large precise clock.  then the GNSS receiver calculates the travel time, the difference between the signals received and deduces its position.  

Contrary to what the collective imagination thinks, there is no connection to satellites.  There is only one transmitter and one receiver, the data flow goes only in one direction.

Hi LV_Forestry,

thank you for your suggestion.

I always check position and time when powering on.
After updating, yes in a building, I got this message:

New DJI RC Plus Firmware Released (01/13/2023) - translation error
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=283774

Your explanation is short and very informative for new users who  come across this thread while searching for GIS related information.

2023-1-27
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

patiam Posted at 1-27 08:57
GNSS units rely on an almanac that contains ephemeris and other data. the almanac is good for a set amount of time and must be recent. almanacs are usually downloaded from a GNSS satellite in the background when needed, but some GNSS units will allow you to force it or put an almanac file downloaded elsewhere onto the unit. of course DJI controllers are not so sophisticated to allow this.

leave the unit on and in a location with a clear view of the sky and it should download an almanac within 10-15 minutes.

Hi patiam,

would be nice to read how to import own data into the device to get more control and save time.

For example, it would be useful to get flight restriction zones while planning a yourney to a place where internet is not available to see warnigs in pre flight check:

DJI Pilot 2 - import local flight restriction zones
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282630

I thought about changing the position through software, but I will not root the device to avoide side effects and loss of warranty.

See my previous reply.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all in the forum and spending your time.

Greetings
2023-1-27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 1-27 14:39
Hi LV_Forestry,

thank you very much for your help.

I have Chinese friends
2023-1-27