2100 7 2023-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alvisesus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110663 ft
Italy

Hi,

Everytime I use a waypoint mission (created with UgCS and then imported on RC Pro Enterprise of my Mavic 3E) and can't see the progress, it shows 100% and can't see how much time is left. Is it a bug of DJI Pilot 2?

Screenshot_20230118-115202.jpg
2023-1-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

hi,

I think you're in waypoint mode. Test in mapping mode.
I've had this kind of problem when the points are too close together.
For an optimal photogrammetry work it is rather recommended to widen:

BOVO.JPG

or this :

BOVO2.JPG

2023-1-22
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-22 23:06
hi,

I think you're in waypoint mode. Test in mapping mode.

Thank you @LV_Forestry for your reply and to provide some examples. For "testing in mapping mode" do you mean "mapping mode" on RC pro on UgCS? I've used the photogrammetry corridor mapping on UgCS and then when I import the kmz into the RC pro it's automatically imported as waypoint project.
CleanShot 2023-01-23 at 12.58.39@2x.jpg
Screenshot_20230123-130706.png
2023-1-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

alvisesus Posted at 1-23 04:14
Thank you @LV_Forestry for your reply and to provide some examples. For "testing in mapping mode" do you mean "mapping mode" on RC pro on UgCS? I've used the photogrammetry corridor mapping on UgCS and then when I import the kmz into the RC pro it's automatically imported as waypoint project.

I don't use corridor scanning with photogrammetry, with LiDAR yes. The reason is that photogrammetry requires a certain margin to be usable.
With the flight plan you have prepared, you risk having the road dimensions "distorted" on side.

To do this I choose "photogrammetry tool" instead of "corridor mapping". Then I draw a larger area than the one to be studied. By default I systematically put 10m more, and when there are obstacles, trees, buildings... I extend the margin.

The downside is that by doing this you risk sending a drone over property where you don't necessarily have permission to fly it. The people here are friendly, I've never had a refusal. If this happens, you can modify the angle of the trajectory, or the shape of the area.
Another dark side, the flight time and the number of photos is increased. From a personal point of view it is worth it, the quality is better, and it avoids going back if the customer realizes that he has to see a bit wider than the road.

UGCS is a kind friend, it warns you if you cross the limit. I use cadastral parcels as a limit. This way if ever someone came to complain about illegal overflight of property, I can prove that not. Property limit maybe, but that's it.

T1.JPG T2.JPG

Then you export to Pilot2 using:
1/ AMSL, if you work with a DSM upstream, which will allow you to respect the 120m maximum everywhere and to keep the GSD. (with RTK enabled and FIX)
2/Relative, if you don't have a precise idea of the obstacles present on the ground by choosing at least the altitude of the highest obstacle in the sector.

And finally, since you will have chosen photogrammetry mapping, when opening the KMZ on the RC, it will choose "mapping" instead of "Waypoints".

Hope this helps you.
2023-1-23
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-23 22:47
I don't use corridor scanning with photogrammetry, with LiDAR yes. The reason is that photogrammetry requires a certain margin to be usable.
With the flight plan you have prepared, you risk having the road dimensions "distorted" on side.

All clear! Thank you so much
2023-1-26
Use props
alvisesus
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-23 22:47
With the flight plan you have prepared, you risk having the road dimensions "distorted" on side.

I've just tried to import a UgCS photogrammetry mission exported for Pilot 2, and still it's imported as waypoint task on the RC Pro Enterprise, no way to select "mission"
2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

alvisesus Posted at 1-26 09:31
I've just tried to import a UgCS photogrammetry mission exported for Pilot 2, and still it's imported as waypoint task on the RC Pro Enterprise, no way to select "mission"

Strange, then export as KML and create mission.
2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

alvisesus Posted at 1-26 09:31
I've just tried to import a UgCS photogrammetry mission exported for Pilot 2, and still it's imported as waypoint task on the RC Pro Enterprise, no way to select "mission"

My bad, it only imports them in waypoint mode. But with the photogrammetry tool it gives me time estimates. so it's pretty much the same. If you want to use the mission mode you have to import a polygon, and then you determine the parameters of the camera.
On the first waypoint you must find the camera settings you selected in UGCS.

Screenshot_20230126-200101.png
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules