3188 10 2023-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
namee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64321 ft

Australia

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and need some information.

I have mini 3 pro come with RC. I got DJI care refresh for it. Alos, I have a standalone RC-N1 from old mini 2 drone.

My question is, can i use either of remote without voiding the Care refresh terms?

And second question is, so far I coudn't go beond 1.04KM with my RC controller. As per information it should have more distance coverage than this. What setting/s I need to go thorugh to make it few KM distance? Or is it a faulty one that need support call?

Thanks
Namee
2023-1-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can connect one or the other controller to the drone.  So it always takes a "few seconds" to switch from one to the other...
In order to cover fly aways, you still have to make the appropriate adjustments in the Fly app...
Of course, the distance up to which there is a stable radio connection depends very much on the local conditions...
If you are standing on a "small hill", then you can of course contact much further away undisturbed...
But you will find a lot of posts on this topic here in the forum!
2023-1-22
Use props
namee
lvl.1

Australia

frankymusik Posted at 1-22 22:52
You can connect one or the other controller to the drone.  So it always takes a "few seconds" to switch from one to the other...
In order to cover fly aways, you still have to make the appropriate adjustments in the Fly app...
Of course, the distance up to which there is a stable radio connection depends very much on the local conditions...

Thank you for quick reply.
What settings you talk here to maintain care refresh policy?
2023-1-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

namee Posted at 1-22 22:54
Thank you for quick reply.
What settings you talk here to maintain care refresh policy?

In the DJI Fly app at
you'll find the "device management".

And there under
     More services
you have to connect the actual remote control (!) to the drone...

...to cover "Fly Away".

2023-1-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, namee. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. In addition to frankymusik's suggestion, please note that you can use either the DJI RC or the RC-N1 without voiding your DJI Care Refresh plan. Just ensure that you bind the remote controller that you will be using in a flight. Binding the remote controller to the aircraft is crucial for flyaway cases. Failure in doing so may result in not being eligible for using the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage. To bind the remote controller, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC.
Regarding the transmission distance issue, here are some recommended troubleshooting steps that will improve the range:
1. Ensure that the firmware is the latest version. If it already is, refresh it by using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After updating/refreshing the firmware, relink the drone and the remote controller.
2. Adjust the remote controller antennas' position and ensure it faces the aircraft for optimal transmission. See below:

3. Ensure that the current flight environment signal is good. It is recommended to fly your aircraft in an open area with less wireless interference.
4. Stop other apps from running in the background on your mobile device.
If the issue remains, kindly report back here. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-23
Use props
namee
lvl.1

Australia

Thank you @frankymusik

Thank you @DJI Tony to confirm that I can use my either remote as long as i follow your instruction to bind before fly and as long as i use DJI Fly app with RC-N1, I can claim fly away if require.

Yes! it is up-to-date. But i will follow your instruction to refresh DJ RC and will try again tomorrow or day after and then will update here.

I am flying in a golf course.... so it is open area with number of trees.

Thanks again...
2023-1-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

namee Posted at 1-23 01:12
Thank you @frankymusik

Thank you @DJI Tony to confirm that I can use my either remote as long as i follow your instruction to bind before fly and as long as i use DJI Fly app with RC-N1, I can claim fly away if require.

You are most welcome. We hope it goes well for you. Happy flying!
2023-1-24
Use props
namee
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks!!
After refresh the firmware, I was able to send it to 3+ KM!!

2023-1-29
Use props
vanP Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1053783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

namee Posted at 1-23 01:12
Thank you @frankymusik

Hello,
Your answer was "Just ensure that you bind the remote controller that you will be using in a flight"  
What to do because you can only bind max 5x the controller to the aircraft.
This means you can only switch 5 times between the controllers.
It still a problem to use two controller.
Best regards Cornelis
2023-9-26
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 1-23 00:26
Hi, namee. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. In addition to frankymusik's suggestion, please note that you can use either the DJI RC or the RC-N1 without voiding your DJI Care Refresh plan. Just ensure that you bind the remote controller that you will be using in a flight. Binding the remote controller to the aircraft is crucial for flyaway cases. Failure in doing so may result in not being eligible for using the DJI Care Refresh Flyaway Coverage. To bind the remote controller, go to Profile>Device Management>Value-Added-Service>Bind/Unbind RC.
Regarding the transmission distance issue, here are some recommended troubleshooting steps that will improve the range:
1. Ensure that the firmware is the latest version. If it already is, refresh it by using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series). After updating/refreshing the firmware, relink the drone and the remote controller.

I have read this advice here many times and do not understand it ?

Ensure that the firmware is the latest version. If it already is,  refresh it by using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)

If my drone is already updated to the latest version what else can that procedure do or improve to the RC & M3P ?

2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 9-26 10:30
I have read this advice here many times and do not understand it ?

Ensure that the firmware is the latest version. If it already is,  refresh it by using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)

Hi Space Dream. It is just to make sure that the latest downloaded firmware is not corrupted so refreshing it is like overwriting the current downloaded firmware. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules