2836 20 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, this was a pleasant surprise, Normally when i fly from home along the same route in CE, I get about 1.2km give or take a few meters and reverse for the last part, the RC Pro in CE just hit 2km with using reverse for the last part, but i stopped it at 2km, still had 2 orange bars.
2023-1-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greater output power from the RCPro, or better antenna orientation, do you think?  Or maybe both, since nothing will have changed in the drone.
2023-1-24
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not done a scientific range test comparison, but in general I agree.  : )
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-24 06:55
Greater output power from the RCPro, or better antenna orientation, do you think?  Or maybe both, since nothing will have changed in the drone.

If it was in FCC then the power would be about 33db, thats up from 26db compared to the DJI RC, but sadly, its the exact same power in CE as the DJI RC, thats 20db 2.4 and 14db 5.8, in FCC its the same power for both frequencies.

So with that in mind, and as i was in CE, it has to be the 4 antennas vs only 2 in the DJI RC
2023-1-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-24 08:11
If it was in FCC then the power would be about 33db, thats up from 26db compared to the DJI RC, but sadly, its the exact same power in CE as the DJI RC, thats 20db 2.4 and 14db 5.8, in FCC its the same power for both frequencies.

So with that in mind, and as i was in CE, it has to be the 4 antennas vs only 2 in the DJI RC

That sounds fairly conclusive, thanks
2023-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, the RC Pro does output much more power when compared to the RC N1 and Dji RC. I found the same hence I only use RC Pro for Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 1-24 10:18
Yes, the RC Pro does output much more power when compared to the RC N1 and Dji RC. I found the same hence I only use RC Pro for Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3.

That's only for FCC though, if you're talking about actual power and not just about the better antenna setup?
2023-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm pretty sure you are onto something with your latest observation.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 10:59
I'm pretty sure you are onto something with your latest observation.

I had heard on YT that the RC Pro was a fraction worse than the DJI RC so for me to hit 2km with it in CE mode was a nic surprise. Now if onyl we could move the antennas in the drone...
2023-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-24 11:07
I had heard the n YT that the RC Pro was a fraction worse than the DJI RC so for me to hit 2km with it in CE mode was a nic surprise. Now if onyl we could move the antennas in the drone...

My experience has been different in that I get much stronger signal and stay connected for longer distances when flying the Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro.  I have to try really hard to keep the RC aligned perfectly to get anything close to a strong signal while using the RC.  I guess I'm lucky that we use FCC vice CE here.  Bottom line for me is that both get out to my maximum VLOS anyway and I have no desire to fly BVLOS.  
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 14:02
My experience has been different in that I get much stronger signal and stay connected for longer distances when flying the Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro.  I have to try really hard to keep the RC aligned perfectly to get anything close to a strong signal while using the RC.  I guess I'm lucky that we use FCC vice CE here.  Bottom line for me is that both get out to my maximum VLOS anyway and I have no desire to fly BVLOS.

Yeah, ive certainly found that during my initial urban testing. Not sure what your VLOS is or how its stipulated over there, over here it used to be no further than 500m, they've removed that but really spelt out that we have to know the orientation of the drone without the use of the live screen, but we can use strobes as a visual aid, with these i can easily see the orientation of the drone at 1km, i need to test more to get a better idea on what the max is though.
2023-1-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bashy Posted at 1-24 10:39
That's only for FCC though, if you're talking about actual power and not just about the better antenna setup?

Not talking about FCC. I am also in CE and with the RC Pro on my Mavic 3 I can get easily unto 4km and when tried with Dji RC I dies at around 2 to 2.5km. This is with no FCC hack.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's not too bad but then the mavic 3 is occusync 3+ where as the DJI RC is only O3.

That said, I can do 5.5km with the mini 3 pro using the DJI RC in CE mode. 7 in fcc so far, low battery stopped play that day.

I am going to test the Mini 3 Pro in CE with this RC Pro this morning if the fog lifts in time, the fog doesn't bother me so much its the low temp that's with it at present 0.3ºC, hoping the wind will pick up a little soon that should help...

Just thought, didn't you have favourable results with your Mini 3 Pro and the DJI RC?
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be 100% transparent, at 500m the signal started playing up and at just over 700m i hit 1 red and it did drop altogether but i got it back before RTH kicked in.

In the RC Pro's defence and the reason i didn't mention it before is because i was flying blind, i stupidly assumed that the RC's compass would be calibrated, i couldn't have been more wrong if i tried, as you can see in the video here that i posted for another reason.
2023-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Who knew physical antenna would be better.  
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 03:58
Who knew physical antenna would be better.

Or not, just tried it in my normal testing range and only managed 3.8 in CE, now whilst that is better than the Mini 3 Pro's worst at 3.3, its a far cry from the Mini 3 pro's best at 5.5 at 31m high, i am putting it down to the thick fog on this run, and i was only at 25m high, was trying to keep under the fog but it still got drenched lol heck, it kept telling it was low visibility lol

I will ned to do a few more runs before i decide
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-25 04:36
Or not, just tried it in my normal testing range and only managed 3.8 in CE, now whilst that is better than the Mini 3 Pro's worst at 3.3, its a far cry from the Mini 3 pro's best at 5.5 at 31m high, i am putting it down to the thick fog on this run, and i was only at 25m high, was trying to keep under the fog but it still got drenched lol heck, it kept telling it was low visibility lol

I will ned to do a few more runs before i decide

In theory fog will suck the radio waves up,   radio doesn't pass through water very well.
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 05:15
In theory fog will suck the radio waves up,   radio doesn't pass through water very well.

Yeah, the water particles causes it to scatter and dissipate it think.

That said, the Mini 2 did (FCC) 5.5 at low height in mist but it wasn't quite as thick as today's but it wasn't too far off

2023-1-25
Use props
fansc5ee482f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

Hmmm, you must have gotten good one. First thing I did when I got mine was test my normal test rout and got the same result as with the N1
2023-1-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc5ee482f Posted at 1-30 17:07
Hmmm, you must have gotten good one. First thing I did when I got mine was test my normal test rout and got the same result as with the N1

I was referring to urban, i should have said that mind, rural was rubbish, 1 day it did about 4km i think it was. Then the next day i took it out and the N1 close to 5.1km i think it was and the RC Pro would only do about 2km, this was back to back and with no fog. Suffice to say, and due to other issues with the RC Pro, its gone back.
2023-2-6
Use props
fansc5ee482f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2-6 00:22
I was referring to urban, i should have said that mind, rural was rubbish, 1 day it did about 4km i think it was. Then the next day i took it out and the N1 close to 5.1km i think it was and the RC Pro would only do about 2km, this was back to back and with no fog. Suffice to say, and due to other issues with the RC Pro, its gone back.

Sorry to hear that, I love mine.
2023-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules