782 17 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just testing the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC Pro in CE over and past an urban environment.
You will see at the beginning that the signal was about out until I turned it around, this has to prove that the antennas are poorly located on the Mini 3 Pro. Any sort of pitch going forward impedes the signal, this is really noticeable when you're on the edge of losing the signal. If you stop and wait, the signal will
come back, and if you crawl keeping the pitch level you can get further, I didn't wait or crawl this time, I just turned it around and you will see that the signal goes from 1 red bar to 3 orange straight away...

PS, i could only hit 1.5 or 1.7 with the DJI RC on this flight path in reverse, this RC Pro exceeded that...

2023-1-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a very interesting observation. Thanks for sharing it.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 1-24 06:08
That's a very interesting observation. Thanks for sharing it.

It is certainly food for thought thats for sure...
2023-1-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-24 06:25
It is certainly food for thought thats for sure...

We learn something every day
2023-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting discovery Bashy.  

I also get stronger signal connectivity when I combine the RC Pro and the Mini 3 Pro over using the RC controller.  I was thinking it was because of the RC Pro having external antennas but now I wonder.
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 10:55
Very interesting discovery Bashy.  

I also get stronger signal connectivity when I combine the RC Pro and the Mini 3 Pro over using the RC controller.  I was thinking it was because of the RC Pro having external antennas but now I wonder.

It's deffo something to do with the antennas on the RC Pro, whether it's because of the external ones of b cause there's 4 if them hard to say...
2023-1-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-24 11:09
It's deffo something to do with the antennas on the RC Pro, whether it's because of the external ones of b cause there's 4 if them hard to say...

You're right about it being hard to say and DJI is being silent.  I'm no Engineer so I can't say which would work optimally.  Sometime I wish I had gone into Engineering in college but a Business Law Professor got me interested in law so I ended up pursuing a degree in Law.  Turned out to be a good career choice and one that I was passionate about.  
2023-1-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 14:05
You're right about it being hard to say and DJI is being silent.  I'm no Engineer so I can't say which would work optimally.  Sometime I wish I had gone into Engineering in college but a Business Law Professor got me interested in law so I ended up pursuing a degree in Law.  Turned out to be a good career choice and one that I was passionate about.

At least you ended up doing something you liked, for many its just a means to an end and hate their job.
2023-1-24
Use props
noblejeanz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 443648 ft

Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-24 14:05
You're right about it being hard to say and DJI is being silent.  I'm no Engineer so I can't say which would work optimally.  Sometime I wish I had gone into Engineering in college but a Business Law Professor got me interested in law so I ended up pursuing a degree in Law.  Turned out to be a good career choice and one that I was passionate about.

Yes, DJI is silent on this issue, but considering that the newly released mini 3 has the antennas back in stubs at the front of the arms, this could be interpreted as an admission by DJI that the positioning of the antennas in the mini 3 pro was not an outstanding idea
2023-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-24 19:21
At least you ended up doing something you liked, for many its just a means to an end and hate their job.

I did a summer non-paid internship with a major law firm before switching majors which also helped me decide to switch majors.  

I've done many career talks at High School Senior Career Day events and I always ended my presentation by saying no matter what field you go into make sure it is one that makes you happy to get up in the morning and look forward to getting to work.  
2023-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

noblejeanz Posted at 1-25 02:56
Yes, DJI is silent on this issue, but considering that the newly released mini 3 has the antennas back in stubs at the front of the arms, this could be interpreted as an admission by DJI that the positioning of the antennas in the mini 3 pro was not an outstanding idea

2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats quite funny really.   Nice discovery though.
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

noblejeanz Posted at 1-25 02:56
Yes, DJI is silent on this issue, but considering that the newly released mini 3 has the antennas back in stubs at the front of the arms, this could be interpreted as an admission by DJI that the positioning of the antennas in the mini 3 pro was not an outstanding idea

I have not seen any Mini 3 range videos as yet, looking forward to see how it fairs, bearing in mind that its not as powerful...
2023-1-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

than DJI put the camera on the wrong side.....   ;-)
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-25 05:27
than DJI put the camera on the wrong side.....   ;-)

Now that i would agree with for sure, but you'd have to change the sticks around too
2023-1-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 1-25 05:43
Now that i would agree with for sure, but you'd have to change the sticks around too

nah no need too, i just turn myself 180 degrees as well....
2023-1-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good information @Bashy!  Thank you.  
2023-1-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 1-25 05:55
nah no need too, i just turn myself 180 degrees as well....

ha ha, that'll do something for sure....
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules