Avata/FPV RC2 solution
2490 4 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

After dozens of hours on multiple Sims, and at least that reading articles/watching tutorial videos trying to find a decent actual rate that would allow me to at least handle the drone long enough to just get in the air for more than 30 seconds, I have some reporting on my progress, and a HUGE suggestion for new pilots.
  First, a TDLR top line: Get longer sticks! I got these and they are good quality and come in a little case, but whatever brand you prefer, just get them. Anbee Upgrade CNC Aluminum Controller Stick Replacement Joystick Thumb Rocker Compatible with DJI FPV Drone https://a.co/d/9SVv4lo
   Ok, I started on Tryp FPV, which was convenient in that it allows you to pause mid-flight, hop over and change rates, then jump back in and immediately feel what changed. I started with 50/4/.1 and adjusted each value independently until I felt I was right at the edge of my ability, which was about 80/150/.35 (yaw at 80/75/.2.
   Then I read an article complaining about how short the stick thow is on the controller, making it over sensitive. It made sense, so I figured for 10 bucks it was worth a try to get some adjustable length sticks.
    GOOD GOD.
  It was like going from a flip phone to a Note 20. There's so much more travel, I feel like I can make a million tiny adjustments mid-stick, and really FEEL the drone. I'm flying 200/1000/.8, and it feels like I'm flying telepathically. I'm still far from where I want to be, but I'm comfortable enough to start trying for gaps.
   Longer sticks. The whole time all I needed was longer sticks. Anyways, I hope this helps someone. It changed the whole game for me.
2023-1-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

You’re in the wrong forum: here is the Air 2S one.
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw
lvl.2
United States

FabioV Posted at 1-24 10:36
You’re in the wrong forum: here is the Air 2S one.

Yeah big surprise when you try to access anything Avata, it seems DJI is slowly starting to erase all mention of it. Goggles V2 as well. I specifically clicked on the AVATA link to post this, and once the drop menu populated, it's not listed
2023-1-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oR96Z5l2K8Tw Posted at 1-24 11:16
Yeah big surprise when you try to access anything Avata, it seems DJI is slowly starting to erase all mention of it. Goggles V2 as well. I specifically clicked on the AVATA link to post this, and once the drop menu populated, it's not listed

you have to choose DJI Avata as the topic type, not Mavic.  There is no subtopic.
2023-1-24
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

good to know! thanks!!!Ordered a set right away
2023-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules