Active Track On Mavic 3E
7390 34 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArgosIsADog
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

Please impletement Active Track for the Mavic 3 Enterprise. It is very much needed and is lacking on this drone. Presumably all the hardware is there already. Any idea on when this might be coming?

Thanks
2023-1-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,

At first sight it is not on the program. You will have to be patient. Or switch to a drone from the consumer range.

To my knowledge the active track function is not on any drone of the enterprise range. It may come, who knows!
2023-1-24
Use props
ArgosIsADog
lvl.1

United States

Why take away a consumer level feature that people working in professional settings can use?
2023-1-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ArgosIsADog Posted at 1-24 08:28
Why take away a consumer level feature that people working in professional settings can use?

The appearance of the mavic 3 is a bit of a revolution in the enterprise range. Until now, the products in this range were intended for surveyors, SAR teams, etc. No real need for Actice track.
Since the release of the M3E there has been a increase on the forum of people who have bought this drone with expectations that are well beyond what is offered by the enterprise range.

"Why take away a consumer level feature that people working in professional settings can use?"
Enterprise does not mean better than consumer. It just means it's for a different use. Because the big difference is the Pilot 2 application which manages RTK and flight plans, unlike DJI Fly. DJI should rename its ranges, "Audiovisual" and "SAR/Geography" instead of the current denominations which denigrates the consumer range. In terms of quality for making video, the Inspire 2 with X7 has no equal in the enterprise range, for example.

When I need smart function, I use drones from the consumer range for professional use. It's no shame. Whatever the name of the range, it's just the right equipment for the job.

DJI does not force us to buy their drones, we accept the characteristics at the time of purchase.

I agree that the M3 and the M3E have almost equal physical characteristics, however they operate under two very different systems, and according to the official response from DJI this is the problem.

From my point of view if you need smart functions and mapping, but don't have the budget to buy both drones. Buy a second-hand Mavic 2 Pro and a GNSS RTK receiver to set up GCPs. That's the best advice I can give for sticking to a budget. While waiting for DJI to find a solution to make certain functions accessible.

I know this answer is not what you expected. But that is the reality of the current situation. I authorize you to do like the others, you can insult me for free if it helps. I'm writing this because you're not the first to ask the question and the last time it got out of hand :

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D564%26typeid%3D564
I wish you a good reading, enjoy!

2023-1-24
Use props
ArgosIsADog
lvl.1

United States

I appreciate your insight. I get it and I already knew this going in to it. My hope is that by bringing it up DJI might listen and implement these features

Active track would make a create drone better. Think about the Law Enforcement applications or tracking other items in a commercial setting. I understand that certain video features such as recording in higher frame rates would not be supported on a non cine application.

Just because this drone is released doesn't mean it can't be improved with updates.
2023-1-24
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ArgosIsADog Posted at 1-24 10:00
I appreciate your insight. I get it and I already knew this going in to it. My hope is that by bringing it up DJI might listen and implement these features  

Active track would make a create drone better. Think about the Law Enforcement applications or tracking other items in a commercial setting. I understand that certain video features such as recording in higher frame rates would not be supported on a non cine application.

I remain convinced that DJI will unlock certain functions. I just hope they will know how to keep the simplicity of use of Pilot2.

For SAR, the active track function is not efficient enough. Too easy to fool.

I just noticed that the H20 has the Smart track function. Never tried, I don't know what is different from Active track. But again the problem will be the same with the M300, you will need an H20 for tracking, and a P1 for mapping. Considering the price, it is better to buy the M3 + M3E couple, if you do not intend to mount a payload like a LiDAR.
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ArgosIsADog. Thank you for reaching out to us. Regretfully, we don't have any information if ActiveTrack will be rolled out with the Enterprise series because in software use, the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series adopts the DJI Pilot 2 app, which is specially designed for industry users and has great differences with Consumer drones in terms of product experience. If you are a professional aerial photography enthusiast or have a passion for drone flying, we recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and discover a completely different user experience. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-24 19:30
Hi, ArgosIsADog. Thank you for reaching out to us. Regretfully, we don't have any information if ActiveTrack will be rolled out with the Enterprise series because in software use, the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series adopts the DJI Pilot 2 app, which is specially designed for industry users and has great differences with Consumer drones in terms of product experience. If you are a professional aerial photography enthusiast or have a passion for drone flying, we recommend that you use the DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and discover a completely different user experience. Thank you for your kind understanding.

That’s a LIE.

Then how does the M30 have Activetrack on the DJI Pilot 2 app? This feature needs to be implemented on the Mavic 3 Enterprise drones vs dropping another $2100 on a drone for 1 feature.

A8D4D2CA-9EB6-45C4-98E3-277556E6FD71.jpeg
2023-1-25
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

It is not a lie.  
M30 doesn't have Active track. It has Smart track.

I tested the difference between Smart track (Pilot 2) and Active track (consumer range).  The difference is that with pilot 2 only the gimbal moves automatically.  the drone must be set in motion manually.  This requires having an FPV camera to see where you are going.
if you lose VLOS with the gimbal oriented on an object on the ground, it's a little more complicated to have the awarness situation head-on without this FPV camera.  

The whole point is to be able to keep the object in view while avoiding losing it behind obstacles.  The active track for the consumer range is made to film itself, or a moving object, fully automatically in open area.  not completely, but different nonetheless.
2023-1-25
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

Half of these replies are pointless, add active track, smart track, whatever it is called who cares just add the feature, I am in public safety and this is needed, more importantly POI
2023-1-26
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

RMKHFD Posted at 1-26 08:39
Half of these replies are pointless, add active track, smart track, whatever it is called who cares just add the feature, I am in public safety and this is needed, more importantly POI

Yes, you are absolutely right, there are useless reply here.

Active track (DJI Fly / DJI GO4) uses 1axis of the gimbal, the drone as yaw movement and can manage automatic flight for target follow.
The smart track (Pilot 2) manages gimbal on two axes, and thats all it can do.

Unfortunately the Mavic 3 does not have the compatible specifications. We will have to wait for a software update, there is no point in being aggressive. Whatever your professional activity.
2023-1-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Active track, POI, subject lock, and mainly ORBIT. DJI just implement this already. It's embarrassing that there isn't any type of a simple Orbit mode. I model a lot of tall cell towers and orbit is the only way to do this. Luckily DroneLink has this capability, plus tracking and many other options that DJI deems as not needed. It's been well over a month since the M3E received an update. When will you start adding features back that you've taken away from us? No telling how many M3E sales DJI has lost because of their own foolishness.
2023-1-29
Use props
djiuser_SY2GlQ7duVSK
New

Portugal

I find myself in a very frustrating position because I have realized now that DJI has purposely disabled ALL the features like POI, active track, among other features...

Now we have to carry 2 drones in order to do the work that only one would do...

DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise should include ALL THE FEATURES that the cheaper version has because we are paying for them and more!!
2023-1-30
Use props
ObserveDuCiel
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-24 09:34
The appearance of the mavic 3 is a bit of a revolution in the enterprise range. Until now, the products in this range were intended for surveyors, SAR teams, etc. No real need for Actice track.
Since the release of the M3E there has been a increase on the forum of people who have bought this drone with expectations that are well beyond what is offered by the enterprise range.

While the consumer level UAS may be sufficient for some applications, if any type of 3rd party integration is desired, the Mavic 3E or 3T is needed as DJI removed the capability for that type of integration with any other Mavic platform. Essentially, it is impossible to utilize both a 3rd party integration and active track on any Mavic platform. Why is that?

I’ve read the responses posted previously and none of them make any logical sense (it may truly be the case that the and it just hasn’t been properly explained, but as a computer science professional, there has been no reason posted that any software professional would accept.)

Also, when a person purchases a UAS platform that attaches additional words (e.g. Subaru Impreza WRX, iPhone 13 Pro, etc.), it is implied that all functionality from the baseline model will be included, and if not, it should be expressed clearly and blatantly in marketing / offerings.

Please allow for active track.

2023-3-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

ObserveDuCiel Posted at 3-8 17:37
While the consumer level UAS may be sufficient for some applications, if any type of 3rd party integration is desired, the Mavic 3E or 3T is needed as DJI removed the capability for that type of integration with any other Mavic platform. Essentially, it is impossible to utilize both a 3rd party integration and active track on any Mavic platform. Why is that?

I’ve read the responses posted previously and none of them make any logical sense (it may truly be the case that the and it just hasn’t been properly explained, but as a computer science professional, there has been no reason posted that any software professional would accept.)

I am a lumberjack.  Amateur scientist on weekends after a few liters, I don't really like Subarus, even less Iphones. Nice to meet you.

I cannot answer your questions.  Facts are facts, here you are on the DJI forum, a company where the sense of logic is not what best characterizes it.  

In the last update there is something like "Real Time Follow" no idea what it could be.  

Send a mail to DJI.  I don't know.

2023-3-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-8 21:04
I am a lumberjack.  Amateur scientist on weekends after a few liters, I don't really like Subarus, even less Iphones. Nice to meet you.

I cannot answer your questions.  Facts are facts, here you are on the DJI forum, a company where the sense of logic is not what best characterizes it.  

Real Time Follow is a VNAV for following the terrain based off MapTiler maps. However, while doing the POI thing, “Activetrack” pops up in the top status bar just momentarily (like it’s a glitch). So perhaps they will actually “give” us this feature in the near future.

The last Pilot 2 update was extensive… I looked over the update log on my RC Pro Enterprise & the updates were lengthy.

LOL @ “amateur scientist after a couple liters”
2023-3-8
Use props
djiuser_owsC5DlTbRIv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132149 ft
United States

Are there any updates for adding Active Track to the Mavic 3E and 3T.
2023-4-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Wow it takes some serious guts to just flat out lie to your customers like that. DJI Pilot 2 is not at all the reason for this feature still being missing from your "flagship Mavic" (DJI's words not mine). Want proof..? I decompiled the latest M3E Pilot 2 apk, the term "active_track" is used 160 times. Including an active_track.xml which includes.. xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">    <item android:state_checked="true" android:drawable="@drawable/active_track_check" />
    <item android:drawable="@drawable/active_track_normal" />

So please, explain to everyone again how Pilot 2 is the reason for this basic feature being absent from the M3E..?

2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_owsC5DlTbRIv Posted at 4-26 07:43

Hi, djiuser_owsC5DlTbRIv. Thank you for reaching out. We still don't have any information about this but rest assured that this has been forwarded as a suggestion. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-26 17:12
Wow it takes some serious guts to just flat out lie to your customers like that. DJI Pilot 2 is not at all the reason for this feature still being missing from your "flagship Mavic" (DJI's words not mine). Want proof..? I decompiled the latest M3E Pilot 2 apk, the term "active_track" is used 160 times. Including an active_track.xml which includes.. xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">   

Hi, Johnnokomis. The DJI Mavic 3E is mainly used with the DJI Pilot 2 app for precision mapping, power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, police affairs and law enforcement, and traffic law enforcement. These features are not available with DJI Fly which consumer drones are using to fly with. To summarize, Enterprise and Consumer Series are unique drones with different features. Moreover, we can submit this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-5-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 18:04
Hi, Johnnokomis. The DJI Mavic 3E is mainly used with the DJI Pilot 2 app for precision mapping, power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, police affairs and law enforcement, and traffic law enforcement. These features are not available with DJI Fly which consumer drones are using to fly with. To summarize, Enterprise and Consumer Series are unique drones with different features. Moreover, we can submit this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Your answer makes no sense. The H20 range is used with Pilot 2 and guess what, the Smart Track feature works great. So ok Smart track is a little different from Active track. But the oil inspection law enforcement argument... doesn't hold water.

Screenshot of the H20 webpage:

1.JPG
2.JPG
2023-5-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-2 18:04

Right but the M30 and M300 are used for the same jobs and industries you list. They also use the same Pilot 2 app. Both have Smart Track which is very similar and would be great to have on the M3E. The RC Pro Enterprise has 6x the processing power as the M300's RC so it should technically be much easier to implement. Thank you for forwarding the request.   
2023-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-2 21:36
Your answer makes no sense. The H20 range is used with Pilot 2 and guess what, the Smart Track feature works great. So ok Smart track is a little different from Active track. But the oil inspection law enforcement argument... doesn't hold water.

Screenshot of the H20 webpage:

Hi, LV_Forestry. I apologize for any confusion my previous response may have caused. You are correct that the Zenmuse H20  series is compatible with the DJI Pilot 2 app, and that it features a Smart Track function for tracking and following objects.

Furthermore, the H20 series is capable of supporting various applications and industries, including inspection and surveillance, search and rescue, and environmental monitoring, among others. While the use cases I mentioned in my previous response may not be directly applicable to the H20 series, the point I was trying to make was that different DJI drone models are designed for different purposes and industries.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and allowing me to clarify my previous response.
2023-5-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-3 04:13
Right but the M30 and M300 are used for the same jobs and industries you list. They also use the same Pilot 2 app. Both have Smart Track which is very similar and would be great to have on the M3E. The RC Pro Enterprise has 6x the processing power as the M300's RC so it should technically be much easier to implement. Thank you for forwarding the request.

Hi, Johnnokomis. As you mentioned, the DJI M30 and M300 are also designed for similar industrial use cases and are compatible with the same DJI Pilot 2 app. It's understandable that you would like to see the Smart/Active Track feature on the Mavic 3E as well, especially given the advanced processing power of its RC Pro Enterprise controller.

I will be sure to forward your request to the relevant team for their consideration. Thank you for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.
2023-5-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

I'd like to use a Mavic 3T for drug and human trafficking. It’s be great if it had ActiveTrack to keep an eye on border patrol. Am I looking at the wrong Mavic or do you have a specific Mavic for this use?

I see Ukraine is utilizing their fleet of Mavic 3T drones to precision drop mortar rounds on unsuspecting Russian troops. There are tons of youtube videos showing exactly this, which is super weird considering your website does not show that as a use-case scenario... go figure.

What we use our Mavic for should not be limited to the BS restrictions put forth by the manufacturer. That’s extremely totalitarian & literally communist to CONTROL exactly how the end user is to use any piece of equipment.

2023-5-4
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The M3E/T seems like it was released and nearly forgotten about. The Inspire 3 had been under development long before these released. I think an overwhelming majority of the R&D staff has been busy with the Inspire 3, Mavic 3 Pro and the soon to see Mavic 3 replacement, the Mavic Air 3. The Enterprise side of the company is in trouble. When more government agencies do what Florida just did to DJI it's going to tank the Enterprise side. So DJI knows consumers will be where the money's at if they want to remain profitable. What little bit of R&D the Enterprise team does get seems to be devoted to the dock and the future M300 replacement.
2023-5-4
Use props
Mike72074
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all together, sorry for bad English.... I am from Europe, Our Group bought the ME 3/thermal and we are more then dissapointed with not having active track! Yr exponations above are ok, but I do not agree with the arguing abt professional / consumer thing.
We use the thermal drone for saving many baby Deers from terrible mowing death (sorry for bad translation) and many people do the same thing all over Europe.
Before we had the ME 2/t and this Drone had all the tasks we miss now.  Naturally we expected that the new ME3/t would surpass the ME2 by far. DJI has released no doucumentation to these missing tasks  in Europe. The technical issues that are stated here, are a thing which DJI has to deal with and solve, your reasoning is too easy and too cheap - whereas the drone is expensive. This is what we expect.

And we do not like anyone telling, what we need and what we do not need in this product as a private consumer.

Dissapointment is the result of wrong expectations, i learned. This is our mistake i guess.  But we are very dissapointed !!
2023-5-11
Use props
Chris Bayer
New

Germany

plus 1 - this is very much needed feature; would not buy the Mavi 3 ent again without this feature
2023-8-25
Use props
Chris Bayer
New

Germany

2023-8-25
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Chris Bayer Posted at 8-25 12:15

If you own an M3E then you're already far more knowledgeable about it than any admin on these forums. A lot of times I think these admins have never even flown a drone before. I think the DJI dev team has forgotten the M3E even exist so it's not looking good for Active Track or all the other known issues with it. I hope I'm 100% wrong with that statement but either way its not looking good.  
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_rCcEEj7F08lB
New
United States

Just add the active track/follow me feature in M3E FULL STOP. DAMM IT!
2023-9-1
Use props
Lewis6054
New

United Kingdom

I don't think I'll bother with DJI going forward. It's all talk and no action. As others mention, I agree that consumer options shouldn't be left out of enterprise. Is it greed, laziness, or both?
2023-9-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

This is amazing. I found an article from 7 months ago that is dedicated to the M3E's "active track feature". It is full of buzz words like "facial recognition, object recognition and advanced AI-powered algorithms". It also states that objects can be tracked for up to 30 seconds at a time, has a top speed of 32 mph and has a maximum flight time of up to 27 minutes. Sounds almost like an admin from here wrote the whole article.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 004039.png

If you're in need of a good laugh it can be found at https://ts2.space/en/the-dji-mavic-3-enterprise-a-guide-to-the-activetrack-feature/
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_iXEZc6tA0Abt
New
United States

Reading this forum thread is disheartening at say the least.  As new new commercial based user, that has limited funds and multiple needs, I thought the 3E was the answer.  To find out the 3E is lacking Active Track has been mind blowing.  DJI seems to be very disconnected from consumer.  Next $3500 spent will dedicated toward anything nit DJI, and toward a product that supports the consumer.
2023-9-28
Use props
fansd1743a8e
New
United States

I just purchased a M3E.  I wish I had read all this sooner.  However, I have not received my M3E yet and when I do I will be returning it!!!  DJI - DO BETTER!!!  Will be taking business elsewhere.  Also, I have someone whom I recommended to purchase a DJI.  They will also be looking to purchase elsewhere.  Snowball effect!!!

2-20 16:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules