Controlling via a Wifi connection ...
2526 19 2023-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Will any of the DJi devices allow to connect the controller to a LAN for the purpose of both --connecting to the Internet and 2) controlling the Uav?

We have property that has both 2.4 and 5 LAN coverage (saturated). We would like to control/communicate with the Uav while its connected to our --password protected-- LAN. Additionally, is there any way to transfer/port the live video, either from the Uav or the controller, to a large external screen? If so, can we also do that video transfer via our --password protected-- LAN?

Please advise.

2023-1-24
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the DJI RC Pro, you can live feed but not transmitting over WiFi to a TV if is your question. With the DJI RC Pro however, you can display to a TV via Mini HDMI to HDMI.
Not WiFi that I am aware.
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, that's a start. Any idea about the other question?
2023-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

At the moment in the U.S., controlling a drone over data service is not allowed. It might be coming, but who knows?
2023-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

No, it is not possible to control a DJI drone over a WiFi network, even though it uses the same frequencies.
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-24 14:44
At the moment in the U.S., controlling a drone over data service is not allowed. It might be coming, but who knows?

@Mobilehomer, you may want to further verify your previous post. I have it from an authoritative source, by way of an online demonstration, that it is legal. I will further verify --with that source and also get a link to the demonstration.

Additionally, to be clear about my application and/or goal, I'm intending to control my device on a LAN; as in 'private'.
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 1-24 15:26
No, it is not possible to control a DJI drone over a WiFi network, even though it uses the same frequencies.

@Geebax, The reply to 'Mobilehomer' can somewhat apply to your response as well --albeit, in a technological stand point. I.E. If the controller can recognize WiFi and login (smartphone), it should be able to do the same for most any common 2.4 or 5 WiFi implementation (I think).

Once I confirm with the aforementioned source --about that online demonstration, which by-the-way was done over a cell-data-network; I will post to this thread.

I can't see them (source) demonstrating something illegal on the Internet, given they aren't criminals.

I'm listening ...
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Here's some information to support the original query\post.

1) The entity name that uses a cell network is Paladin: https://paladindrones.io/about-paladin/
2) A demonstration -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18hYTK4Vq8s

Please continue ...
2023-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

You might want to check out the waiver process from the FAA.
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-24 17:07
You might want to check out the waiver process from the FAA.

I don't need a waiver for this 'local' property. The query is about connecting to a LAN, not about BVLOS. The information I provided strongly suggest, my intended application can be accomplished, --both legally and technologically

I continue to listen ...

2023-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Instead of asking here, contact the FAA. They are very good about answering this type of query.
2023-1-24
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-24 17:39
Instead of asking here, contact the FAA. They are very good about answering this type of query.

I ask here because it is a device connectivity question, not a regulation or, otherwise legal question. A key word in this threads title "connection".  :-)
2023-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward your inquiries to our related team for confirmation. We'll update you the soonest time possible. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-24
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

New_User Posted at 1-24 17:55
I ask here because it is a device connectivity question, not a regulation or, otherwise legal question. A key word in this threads title "connection".  :-)

No, your query is "controlling". Inside, the FAA has no say so. But once you are in the National Air Space, the FAA DOES. As I stated, you may want to discuss this with them.
2023-1-25
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

How can you fix your face, and even begin to tell me what 'my post' is saying; or asking? I appreciate your effort but, in this instance, you aren't helping; please stop.

I'll wait for either someone who has experienced this first hand or 'DJI Tony'.

Respectfully.
2023-1-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

New_User Posted at 1-25 11:28
How can you fix your face, and even begin to tell me what 'my post' is saying; or asking? I appreciate your effort but, in this instance, you aren't helping; please stop.

I'll wait for either someone who has experienced this first hand or 'DJI Tony'.

I am trying to help. Again, the FIRST word in the heading is CONTROLLING!!! The FAA DOES have regulations on this.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. We just received an update from our related team. Please note that controlling the aircraft through a WiFi connection is currently not supported. We will forward your feedback to our designated team for attention. Regarding the option to output the video to an external monitor, when the DJI RC Pro video image is output on the display through the Mini HDMI port, it will automatically match with the current resolution of the display. For example, when a 4K display is being used to play a 4K video on DJI RC Pro, the external display will have a video quality of 4K 30p; if a 1080p video is being played on DJI RC Pro, the video will be automatically converted to a 4K 30p video on the output display.
This is through a wired connection and cannot be performed via WiFi. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
New_User
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-25 23:51
Hi there. We just received an update from our related team. Please note that controlling the aircraft through a WiFi connection is currently not supported. We will forward your feedback to our designated team for attention. Regarding the option to output the video to an external monitor, when the DJI RC Pro video image is output on the display through the Mini HDMI port, it will automatically match with the current resolution of the display. For example, when a 4K display is being used to play a 4K video on DJI RC Pro, the external display will have a video quality of 4K 30p; if a 1080p video is being played on DJI RC Pro, the video will be automatically converted to a 4K 30p video on the output display.
This is through a wired connection and cannot be performed via WiFi. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day.

@ DJI Tony\Administrator,  What will this do --> "We will forward your feedback to our designated team for attention." Also, what is an ETA for feedback from that team?
2023-1-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

New_User Posted at 1-27 11:49
@ DJI Tony\Administrator,  What will this do --> "We will forward your feedback to our designated team for attention." Also, what is an ETA for feedback from that team?

That reply from Tony is standard script for any suggestion. In actual fact it means nothing will be done. DJI are good on polite replies but very short on action. Don't hold your breath.
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

New_User Posted at 1-27 11:49

When a certain function or feature is not available at present, what we do is relay those requests or feedback from customers to our DJI Developers. All suggestions are important and our related team reviews them. Please note that before it can get implemented, a lot of aspects have to be considered. There are no specific turnaround time for those requests, we apologize. For any updates, please stay tuned on our official DJI website (www.dji.com). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules