lvl.1
Flight distance : 478917 ft
Germany

Hey there,

let me make my situation more clear, please:

I do have 2 Drones,

• Mavic 2 Pro
  • Mini 3 Pro

as well as 2 Remotes (as some may know, I also have a broken RC-N1, but that doesn't matter now)

• DJI Smart Controller
  • DJI RC Controller (not Pro)

I love to go on hikes and tripps with both my drones as I like to use different tools for different problems.
However, It is impossibly inconvenient to have 2 big controllers with me.

Therefore, my Question:

...DJI will it be possible anytime soon, please before Spring if possible, to controll both Drones with one of the controllers?
My research sais its but a software-matter. Sales shouldn't be the problem, really. So please let me know whether you are working on this alreay or whether you even considered this situation yet.

At this point I don't even care which Controller to use to rule them all.

Thank you for a kind reply.
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is zero change they will make the DJI RC compatible with the Mini 3.  And the Smart controller just isn't fast enough to support the newer drones.  
2023-1-25
Use props
MiRu01
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 1-25 03:52
There is zero change they will make the DJI RC compatible with the Mini 3.  And the Smart controller just isn't fast enough to support the newer drones.

I would like the RC Controler to be compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro, though.
But I assume that doesn't change your verdict, does it?

Did we ever get an offical DJI Response in any of these threads though?
Or do the Mods (I know of Gamorah) count as DJI Officials with a deeper knowledge of future or current plans?
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, MiRu01. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC currently only supports the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3 (Cine), and the DJI Air 2S. As for the DJI Smart Controller, it only supports the Mavic 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, and DJI Air 2S at present. We have not received any information regarding the other model's future compatibility with these remote controllers. What we will do, is forward your feedback to our DJI Developers for attention. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
MiRu01
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 1-25 21:37
Hi, MiRu01. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC currently only supports the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3 (Cine), and the DJI Air 2S. As for the DJI Smart Controller, it only supports the Mavic 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, and DJI Air 2S at present. We have not received any information regarding the other model's future compatibility with these remote controllers. What we will do, is forward your feedback to our DJI Developers for attention. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Thank you.

I can not expect any more than that.
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MiRu01 Posted at 1-25 23:19
Thank you.

I can not expect any more than that.

You are most welcome, and thanks for understanding. Stay safe.
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MiRu01 Posted at 1-25 09:41
I would like the RC Controler to be compatible with the Mavic 2 Pro, though.
But I assume that doesn't change your verdict, does it?

Sadly not,   Im in the same boat.  I have the Smart controller and Mavic 2 and Mini2.  and the Mini 3 with the RC.  I would be delighted if there was one remote to rule them all.
2023-1-26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 01:07
Sadly not,   Im in the same boat.  I have the Smart controller and Mavic 2 and Mini2.  and the Mini 3 with the RC.  I would be delighted if there was one remote to rule them all.

2 out of 3 not bad DA. SC will do the Mini 2 and your M2P as does mine. 5 M2P batteries just charged up now along with 3 Mini 2 batteries. Weather not too bad in my neck of the woods tomorrow so early start (in the dark) I suppose to do a wee bit of flying.
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 1-26 10:06
2 out of 3 not bad DA. SC will do the Mini 2 and your M2P as does mine. 5 M2P batteries just charged up now along with 3 Mini 2 batteries. Weather not too bad in my neck of the woods tomorrow so early start (in the dark) I suppose to do a wee bit of flying.

True but when Im walking I pref to take the mini drones just for the sake of weight,   I was out at 6am flying this morning.   Sadly no good sunrise today though
2023-1-27
Use props
aerocar
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-1-25 21:37
Hi, MiRu01. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC currently only supports the DJI Mini 3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3 (Cine), and the DJI Air 2S. As for the DJI Smart Controller, it only supports the Mavic 2, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, and DJI Air 2S at present. We have not received any information regarding the other model's future compatibility with these remote controllers. What we will do, is forward your feedback to our DJI Developers for attention. Significant suggestions will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com). Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Tony, In terms of compatibility and function, is the Pro RC Controller a big update for the past two versions of the Smart Controllers?  Would the all have the same compatibilities? Operate the same DJI drones?
I bought the DJI Pro RC Controller to use with the latest DJI Air Unit 03. Since the Pro controller connects to DJI drones with both ocusync 03 and 03, it should work?? Ed
1-22 12:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

aerocar Posted at 1-22 12:46
Tony, In terms of compatibility and function, is the Pro RC Controller a big update for the past two versions of the Smart Controllers?  Would the all have the same compatibilities? Operate the same DJI drones?
I bought the DJI Pro RC Controller to use with the latest DJI Air Unit 03. Since the Pro controller connects to DJI drones with both ocusync 03 and 03, it should work?? Ed

Hi there. The DJI RC Pro supports the FPV Live function since the firmware version V03.01.0900 upgrade. When this function is switched on, the Goggles are connected to the DJI RC Pro via USB and the DJI RC Pro can see the image transmission of the FPV drone, this feed can be output to a third-party Monitor via the HDMI of the DJI RC Pro.
1-23 02:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules