Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autofocus on my Pockeat 2 not working as it should
771 14 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

My pocket 2's autofocus is not working as it should, up close it looks fine but you go even a bit far from any subject it looks blurry I tried all of the autofocus setting but nothing worked sadly, do you guys have any tips on how to fix this.

Exmple vid: https://streamable.com/yw18cg

2023-1-25
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Are you using the automatic or Pro mode? How does tapping the screen for focus or switching the mode from AFC to AFS (or vise versa) affect the situation? Also, have you checked the lens and other camera components for scratches, dirt, dust specks etc.? I remember hearing about a guy who experienced similar issues and had to return his Pocket 2, as there had been some dust specks inside the camera's lens.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, rams. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. If possible, kindly upload the video to this link for further confirmation. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

HGDC84 Posted at 1-25 11:58
Are you using the automatic or Pro mode? How does tapping the screen for focus or switching the mode from AFC to AFS (or vise versa) affect the situation? Also, have you checked the lens andother camera components for scratches, dirt, dust specks etc.? I remember hearing about a guy who experienced similar issues and had to return his Pocket 2, as there had been some dust specks inside the camera's lens.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!

I tried using both pro and auto, but nothing makes any difference same with AFC and AFS, tapping on the screen as well doesn't make any difference sadly. I looked at the lens and there doesn't seem to be any visible damage or debris like dust.
2023-1-26
Use props
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-25 23:01
Hi, rams. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. If possible, kindly upload the video to this link for further confirmation. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Hey, I'm sorry but how do I upload the video to the website I tried just dragging it straight on, but it gives me an error that I can't upload it I see that there's some login for the Tardis file channel I tried to login with my dji account but it doesn't seem to work, can you just point me to how to upload something there.
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rams Posted at 1-26 01:02
Hey, I'm sorry but how do I upload the video to the website I tried just dragging it straight on, but it gives me an error that I can't upload it I see that there's some login for the Tardis file channel I tried to login with my dji account but it doesn't seem to work, can you just point me to how to upload something there.

We're sorry about that. Kindly try reuploading it on this link. Thank you.
2023-1-27
Use props
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-27 01:29
We're sorry about that. Kindly try reuploading it on this link. Thank you.

I have uploaded the file tell me if you need any thing else
2023-1-27
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

rams Posted at 1-26 00:50
I tried using both pro and auto, but nothing makes any difference same with AFC and AFS, tapping on the screen as well doesn't make any difference sadly. I looked at the lens and there doesn't seem to be any visible damage or debris like dust.

Sorry to hear that was of no help. I hope DJI representatives can help you with this issue. In the meantime, if I get any other ideas about the possible causes, I'll let you know. Good luck with the troubleshooting!
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rams Posted at 1-27 01:45

We have received the file. We'll update you as soon as we receive feedback. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rams Posted at 1-27 01:45

Hi there. Here are some recommendations you may perform:
1. Update to the latest firmware version. Connect your mobile phone to the internet, open the DJI Mimo app, and wait for a firmware update prompt.
2. Ensure a sufficient focusing distance from the objecting being recorded and the environment is sufficiently bright.
3. Ensure that the DJI Pocket 2 is being used within the operating environment temperature range (0°C to 40°C).
4. Reset it to its factory settings.
Once done, kindly do two tests. Kindly record a video performing the following:
a) Set Focus mode to AFS in DJI Mimo, which is divided into Proximity and Landscape.
b) Set Focus mode to AFC in DJI Mimo, which is divided into Proximity and Landscape.
Please share the result with us. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and stay safe.
2023-1-30
Use props
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-30 20:59
Hi there. Here are some recommendations you may perform:
1. Update to the latest firmware version. Connect your mobile phone to the internet, open the DJI Mimo app, and wait for a firmware update prompt.
2. Ensure a sufficient focusing distance from the objecting being recorded and the environment is sufficiently bright.

I have done all of the above, but sadly both the AFS and the AFC video still look blurry.

AFC: https://streamable.com/gv1wgr
AFS: https://streamable.com/a9nh85

If you need me to upload it somewhere else, please do say.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rams Posted at 1-31 00:40
I have done all of the above, but sadly both the AFS and the AFC video still look blurry.

AFC: https://streamable.com/gv1wgr

We're sorry to hear the issue remains. Since the problem persists, we need to collect the logs in addition to the videos. Here are the steps for exporting them:
1. Connect the computer by two methods:
Method A: Use an official Type-C USB cable to connect the DJI device to a computer (Using a Windows computer as an example). After a successful connection, the following options will appear on the DJI equipment screen. Please select “Accept.”
Method B: Remove the microSD card from the camera. Use a card reader or other devices to connect the microSD card to the computer.
2. After a successful connection, new storage equipment will appear on the “File Manager” of the computer. Select to enter this storage equipment. Tap “View” and select “Hidden Items.” A “MISC” file folder will appear. Enter the “MISC” file folder.
3. There is a file folder named “LOG” in the “MISC” file folder. Compress the file and share it with us.
Kindly upload the videos and the logs to the same link in post #6. Please indicate the time when the issue was recorded so we may locate the logs. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-31
Use props
rams
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-31 02:10
We're sorry to hear the issue remains. Since the problem persists, we need to collect the logs in addition to the videos. Here are the steps for exporting them:
1. Connect the computer by two methods:
Method A: Use an official Type-C USB cable to connect the DJI device to a computer (Using a Windows computer as an example). After a successful connection, the following options will appear on the DJI equipment screen. Please select “Accept.”

Hey thanks for all the help, but we found the issue, the problem was that the sensor got separated from the lens, when we opened the device we saw that the lens got separated and after re soldering it it works great it moss likely happened after recording an event where there was a lot of shaking, thanks again for the help.
Edit: pics: https://imgur.com/a/4BBNcPo
2023-1-31
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

rams Posted at 1-31 06:45
Hey thanks for all the help, but we found the issue, the problem was that the sensor got separated from the lens, when we opened the device we saw that the lens got separated and after re soldering it it works great it moss likely happened after recording an event where there was a lot of shaking, thanks again for the help.

Glad to hear you got it solved. Also, great to hear you got the skills and bravery to do the fix yourself. I could never do that myself.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rams Posted at 1-31 06:45

Hi, rams. Thanks for the update. We're glad to know that it has been sorted out. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules