First Drone - Mini 2 or Mini 3 Pro
948 5 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FerS16
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi, how are you? I've been searching and still can not decide which to buy, and maybe one you you can help me out. This would be my first drone and I'm planning to use it every time i go on vacations (3 times a year) and maybe a couple of more times. Of course I see Mini 3 Pro is much better, but would it be worth it for the double of money? Also, does the Mini 3 Pro have issues? because I will buy the drone in US but I'm from Argentina, and not sure I will have support here.
Thanks for your time !
2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, FerS16. Thank you for reaching out and for your interest in DJI Products! Compared with DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 3 Pro has improved battery life, intelligent features, video transmission, and a fully upgraded imaging system and visual sensing system. Inheriting the 249 g light and compact body of the DJI Mini 2, DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a 1/1.3-inch image sensor that supports native HDR. It supports three-directional obstacle sensing and the newly upgraded APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems). DJI Mini 3 Pro's battery life has been extended to up to 47 minutes. To get more details about the Product Comparison, please check here. Most DJI drones only have regular warranties. The regular warranty does not support international coverage. With the regular warranty, users can only enjoy warranty services in designated DJI regional service centers. If a repair needs to be done in a designated service center in a location different from the country or region where the corresponding product was purchased, DJI will take appropriate measures based on local stock conditions but only provides paid services.
Link: (https://www.dji.com/en/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav). Should you experience any issues, you may directly contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com). We hope this helps. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems you will be using the drone recreationally and only a few times annually. It would be hard to justify the price difference to purchase the Mini 3 Pro for such minimal usage.  I think you'll find the Mini 2 to be more than capable for your use.  
2023-1-26
Use props
NorthwindExplor
lvl.2
Canada

I have both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 Pro. Both are excellent drones. Even without the extra features of the M3P, the biggest plus for me is the DJI RC controller with the M3P, with the built-in screen. I had my iphone shut off once when flying the Mini 2. Fortunately, it was only about 50 m out, so returning and landing was no problem. I did miss getting video of the murder of ravens that flew close to my drone at that time.
2023-3-9
Use props
Jake. A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

if your into editing and such, the mini 3 pro is much better. But for what you want to do I would get the mini 2 (or mini 3 nonpro version)
2023-3-9
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

I first started with a Mini SE and was absolutely delighted with the photos etc I was getting but also using the drone. I picked up the flying aspect very quickly but as I do a lot of photography I started looking at upgrades and got tempted by the Mini 3 Pro with controller.

No regrets at all and it's a major upgrade on the SE both in flying and the different options available. The controller is a real bonus too and very responsive.

It also didn't take me long to work out that you need to have filters on the Mini 3 Pro, and now unless it's just a leasure flight, for taking photos/video I always use them. Even on a dull day whacking an 8 filter on does wonders for clouds and depth of the photos. The camera always copes well and if anything it needs them.

Personally there was nothing wrong with the Mini SE, it was a super entry level drone and likewise if you were to go in at the Mini 2 level, I expect like my Mini SE you will be delighted.

However, if photography or video needs to be that much better, spend the extra and go for the Mini 3 Pro, otherwise the Mini 2 will do the job perfectly and still get great results.

But if you also go in at the cheaper end of the scale, by the time you've learnt to fly and are getting good results, if you do feel you want an upgrade there will likely be something better available than the Mini 3 Pro by then and likely cheaper.

If you also look after it and keep in it good condition, there is a very good and boyant second hand market for DJI drones and you'll have no problem selling.

Whatever one you buy, ALWAYS get the Fly-More package with extra batteries and the charger, you'll only regret it if you don't.

Regards

2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules