Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

The main reason for the RC Pro is so I can use my ageing DJI Goggles.

The 1st thing i did when the RC arrived was to try the goggles, this was in the house but no drone was connected but I could see the fly app, that was good enough for me.

However, I took the setup out to use the morning, had the drone running in the fly app, plugged in the goggles to the HDMI and, NOPE, nothing, not even a wee glimmer, tried restarting everything and still the same, i had to fly without the goggles using just the RC screen.

When i got back home the 1st thing i did was try again, no drone was connected and guess what, yep, it worked straight away.

Any ideas, what could i have done wrong out in the field, please?
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens if you connect the goggles without the drone,  get the display up and then turn on the drone?
2023-1-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 01:57
What happens if you connect the goggles without the drone,  get the display up and then turn on the drone?

I will give that a go, thanks...
2023-1-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 01:57
What happens if you connect the goggles without the drone,  get the display up and then turn on the drone?

Really baffled now, i tried it your way and it worked great.

So obviously i had to try it the way i did before, I left the drone running and the Fly app open, I then turned off the goggles and unplugged them from the RC.

I then plugged them back in and turned them on a voilà, working just fine.

Thats exactly what i did up the track, i could not for the life of me get the live view on the goggles.
I cannot think of anything i may have done differently, nope, deffo started the RC, then drone, once Live View was up i then turned on the goggles connected to the goggle end 1st, stuck them on my head then plugged into the RC as per paragraph 2 above and saw nothing, not even dead people...

I know one thing, my E-Cig seriously interferes with the RC compass, as does the car, i will make a fresh post for that, its worth 5 points lol
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-26 06:09

So obviously i had to try it the way i did before, I left the drone running and the Fly app open, I then turned off the goggles and unplugged them from the RC.

Maybe it was just a bad connection when you were out then?

Have you had any issues with the Mini3 either crabbing in flight or when you stop it slowly rotates left and then settles?
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-26 06:09

PS.  Ditch the e-cig they are terrible things.
2023-1-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-26 07:51
PS.  Ditch the e-cig they are terrible things.

I cant say what it was, although i am edging towards a config conflict, perhaps.

My ecig is one of those decent Mods, was £50 just for the mod, then there's the tank etc, i make up my own juice too so i know whats in it.

I think youre probably thinking about the issues over in the US, their juice wasn't as regulated and folk were selling all kinds of poop, in turn led to medical issues etc.

Over here were are highly regulated, more so so the gov could tax is more on it, but also there are checks in place to make sure the juice is safe, also the medical pros are all for it, especially when compared to cigs, i smoked 20 a day since i was about 18 (50 now) and actually started when i was 9, boarding school, go figure lol and to be honest, i did feel much healthier on the cigarettes, i am now putting on weight and i hate it...

...I would choose smoking again if the gov didn't extortionately tax it, i just can't believe the price now since i stopped.
2023-1-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 1-26 08:15
I cant say what it was, although i am edging towards a config conflict, perhaps.

My ecig is one of those decent Mods, was £50 just for the mod, then there's the tank etc, i make up my own juice too so i know whats in it.

I used to sit in an office where someone used one,  he also made his own juice and the second hand vape made me quite ill.
2023-1-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-27 00:42
I used to sit in an office where someone used one,  he also made his own juice and the second hand vape made me quite ill.

Strange, as there isn't anything in them that could do that, its just medical grade juice, flavour and nicotine, the latter stays in ya system, not passed on
2023-1-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, it did it again, when out in the field, not only that, I did a back to back test, both in CE, n1 did 5.1 and the RC Pro could only manage 2km max, I even took it up a little high and still lost it. So on that note, it's going back, no way can I keep it with such varying results
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules