Fly Goose Creek
1116 15 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19041243 ft
United States

A 8 min flight following goose creek along  route 421in NE Tennessee. with a spotter we achived total distance was 3.8 miles. 7 miles total with return trip.

I'm sorry that Ive been postin videos to my own website,  Its because youtube is placing ads on my YT videos without sharing the revenue even though I am a YT partner.. and I want to just share videos without  ads

click link http://www.ivysdomain.com/video/fly-goose-creek.mp4

fly goose creek

2023-1-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've never tried it, but does Vimeo give you a better experience than YT?  Nice flight. I do like the longer sequences, personally. But be aware that, even with a spotter, you shouldn't exceed VLOS
2023-1-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Thanks
I have firehouse Strobe lights on my drone so I can see my drone right around 3 miles VLOS.   the extra weight of the strobes do eat the battery up though. but I was cleared by 06A  airport by LAANC i was flying around there because the airport was closed down for paving the runways & upgrading the lights and etc.   I was right on the end of the Johnson county airport, so I took advantage with 2 spotters.  one who never even saw the drone. prolly smoking dope. . the other spotter seen it coming 2800 feet out at 200 feet altitude .  but the pictures of the runway approach and the HDRi I am making of the Airprort with the RAW panoramic pictures was the reason for the main flight this video was a bonus
2023-1-25
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232844 ft
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-25 10:14
Thanks
I have firehouse Strobe lights on my drone so I can see my drone right around 3 miles VLOS.   the extra weight of the strobes do eat the battery up though. but I was cleared by 06A  airport by LAANC i was flying around there because the airport was closed down for paving the runways & upgrading the lights and etc.   I was right on the end of the Johnson county airport, so I took advantage with 2 spotters.  one who never even saw the drone. prolly smoking dope. . the other spotter seen it coming 2800 feet out at 200 feet altitude .  but the pictures of the runway approach and the HDRi I am making of the Airprort with the RAW panoramic pictures was the reason for the main flight this video was a bonus

Nice images, thanks for sharing.  Pretty cool that you were able to take advantage of the closed facility to capture some images that would otherwise not be accessible.
2023-1-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.    Lovely landscape views.
2023-1-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

AeroNW Posted at 1-25 12:21
Nice images, thanks for sharing.  Pretty cool that you were able to take advantage of the closed facility to capture some images that would otherwise not be accessible.

indeed ,  its a uncontrolled airspace but it still  requires LAANC approval. its hard to fly  on this end of the runway  with the low flying aircraft and after they are down I sure its going to be worst.  so when i read they were closing down for 3 days I went there and asked if i could fly  around the area they had no problem with it .  Then when I asked a friend of mine to spot for me  she was happy to, she has spotted a few times for me.  this was the longest distance to date for me, 31/3 miles 1 way,  7 total including return trip. flying in Cinema mode. it was exciting prolly never get another chance to fly here again.
2023-1-25
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-25 13:22
Very nicely done.    Lovely landscape views.

Thank you very much
2023-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice smooth flight Ms Ivy.
2023-1-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-25 16:50
Thank you very much

You're very welcome.  Hope you are having a great week.
2023-1-26
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nice flight you did there.
2023-1-26
Use props
dimidrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 2116302 ft
Latvia

Nice vid! Very well done!
2023-1-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2023-1-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Thank you everyone  for commenting on my flight
2023-1-27
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-25 16:50
indeed ,  its a uncontrolled airspace but it still  requires LAANC approval. its hard to fly  on this end of the runway  with the low flying aircraft and after they are down I sure its going to be worst.  so when i read they were closing down for 3 days I went there and asked if i could fly  around the area they had no problem with it .  Then when I asked a friend of mine to spot for me  she was happy to, she has spotted a few times for me.  this was the longest distance to date for me, 31/3 miles 1 way,  7 total including return trip. flying in Cinema mode. it was exciting prolly never get another chance to fly here again.

My young nephew and I were flying together a couple of years ago in the Sierra Mountains, I was new to my Air2 and he had logged many Ks on his mini, he fearlessly flew at least a couple of miles from where we were set up, making me very nervous. He had done it before, and was not intimidated by the distance, but I was sure he would lose it. I'm still more cautious than probably I need to be, but I'd rather bring the thing home to fly another day.
2023-1-27
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

AeroNW Posted at 1-27 12:37
My young nephew and I were flying together a couple of years ago in the Sierra Mountains, I was new to my Air2 and he had logged many Ks on his mini, he fearlessly flew at least a couple of miles from where we were set up, making me very nervous. He had done it before, and was not intimidated by the distance, but I was sure he would lose it. I'm still more cautious than probably I need to be, but I'd rather bring the thing home to fly another day.

I totally agree.  
That is why when I do fly  distances. I make plan on staying close to a main road or open area i can set down in easily  in case of auto-land or an emergency events.  kind of like what airplane pilots do.

I had to do a emergency landing 1 time when flying over by a car accident scene about 3/4 of a miles from my home point.  when spotter told me there was a Medi-vac helicopter coming in so I brought the drone down in a hurry  . luckily I was able to set down in a open field about a 1/2 miles from our LZ and it was a easy recovery . since then  when I fly I always keep those type emergency scenarios in the back of my mind and have alternet emergency landing spots picked out before i even take off .. you just never know when something may require a unplanned landing and having a plan before you need  works best for me  
2023-1-27
Use props
AeroNW
Second Officer
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-27 13:40
I totally agree.  
That is why when I do fly  distances. I make plan on staying close to a main road or open area i can set down in easily  in case of auto-land or an emergency events.  kind of like what airplane pilots do.

Excellent strategy, I totally agree that having a plan before launch is the best. Have a terrific weekend.
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules