Failure at the control connection level? Guarantee?
546 5 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Datastic372
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35446 ft
Costa Rica

Hi Guys,

Im ready to lose faith in DJI and drones... See here to understand why.

Finally the DJI store I bought my drone from in April last year got back to me. Here is the response.

Good afternoon Mr. Dan,
I share the diagnosis of the device

Diagnosis:
The equipment is checked and there is indeed a failure at the control connection level with the aircraft, after multiple software tests, with different remote controls and in different flight scenarios, both indoors and outdoors, the device persists in the ruling. Damage is determined at the level of its main card, it is necessary to replace the part to correct the failure.

Process must be carried out with the main workshop in DJI China, so the process may take 6-8 weeks to complete.

Repair cost $282.50

We are waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Can anyone please inform me why this would not be covered by a warranty? The drone is clean, used maybe 20 times and NEVER crashed.

Thanks!

Desperate Dan.

2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Dan. We're terribly sorry for still having issues. As my colleague (DJI Wanda) has suggested if the issue occurs even after you change to several different places, you may fill out an online repair request here or if having difficulties in creating, we suggest contacting our Product Support team to help you arrange/create a case. Hope this helps.
2023-1-25
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

HI Diana,

Thanks. I had followed all the advice from Wanda and finally sent it to the DJI store. Im really disappointed in their response. I will call them today and ask them to explain why this is not a warranty issue. Should something like this be covered by the 1 year warranty?

Thanks.
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Datastic372 Posted at 1-26 07:06
HI Diana,

Thanks. I had followed all the advice from Wanda and finally sent it to the DJI store. Im really disappointed in their response. I will call them today and ask them to explain why this is not a warranty issue. Should something like this be covered by the 1 year warranty?

Thanks for your update. We're sorry to hear about the situation regarding this situation. A warranty will be provided after the case is proven as a non-pilot concern and the aircraft is within the warranty period. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
2023-1-26
Use props
Datastic372
lvl.2
Costa Rica

Hi guys,

Thanks for ALL your really valued expert help. Im pleased to inform you that my drone is up and flying! So stoked. In the end DJI Costa Rica managed to get it fixed (after 2months!!!) under the warranty. It needed a new motherboard.

Cheers!!!!
2023-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Datastic372 Posted at 3-6 07:59
Hi guys,

Thanks for ALL your really valued expert help. Im pleased to inform you that my drone is up and flying! So stoked. In the end DJI Costa Rica managed to get it fixed (after 2months!!!) under the warranty. It needed a new motherboard.

Thanks for your update. Happy flying! Please also pay attention to flight safety.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules