Corrupt Video Files
542 2 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flatty
New
United States

I seem to be having many problems with this fully updated DJI Mavic Air 2. I'll list them for you
- Corrupt Video Files: It seems that I loose half of my videos to corrupt files. I have a new card in there (SanDisk Extreme, 128gb, V30, XC I, U3, A2). Am I using a poor quality of card? Or is there a problem with this brand new DJI Drone? Just lost another video today.
- Has frequent problems connecting to the controller: I was so happy to go out this morning to take some aerial footage. But one SMALL problem... The controller showed a messasge that I needed to connect to a network. That's kind of a BIG problem because I had driven 40 miles into the desert and I didn't see any CAT5 connections in any of the cacti nearby. DARN!! Just had to drive home at that point.
- Doesn't like to fly more than 100 feet from me: The drone must really like me because 2 of the last 3 times I went into the wilderness to fly it, the drone refused to fly more than 100 feet from me... Even though the settings are ALL proper AND TESTED for proper flight. The unit keeps reverting to this behavior. It must really like me and want to stay close. Awwww!
So let's add up the issues...
+ Won't fly more that 100 feet away (it picks and chooses when it likes to do that)
+ Has Problems connecting to the controller without the internet present in the middle of the wilderness
+ Gives me Corrupt Video Files (for lasting memories of my failed attempts at videography)
= How do you think I feel after spending $800 on this unit?

2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you're encountering such errors with your new Mavic Air 2. This is not the experience that we wish you to have with your DJI drone. We want to help you investigate these behaviors. May we ask for a  recorded video of the image transmission during flight where it can not go more than 100 feet? Also, we need to confirm if the corrupted videos are the ones exported directly from the SD card. If yes, kindly provide us with a picture or video showing the corrupted files. And by the way, may we ask what specific remote controller you are using? Normally, a network connection is only required for firmware updates and downloading offline maps. If you can share a screenshot of the exact message, we'll be able to verify it further. We hope to hear an update from you. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems that I loose half of my videos to corrupt files.
Whenever people complain about corrupt video files, the cause is almost always failing to stop recording before powering off the drone.
The files aren't corrupt at all, they just haven't been closed properly.
2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules