Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 flight issue, Logs attached
499 3 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyhawk2799
lvl.1
United States

Good evening everyone, new to the fourms but not new to drones at all. One of my hobbies with drones is seeing the max ranges I can get. Today I brushed the dust off my phantom 4 after almost a year and went for a flight. It had a strange issue I have never seen before.
We had winds 15mph with occaisional higher gust but I have flown in those before out to 1.5 miles away. Today I launched and took off towards an area I always fly, I keep my flight altitiude right at 400' most times. I ascended to around 400 and began my heading, video was oddly choping in and out the whole flight, this drone usually does not get like that until 1+ miles away. Once I got a little ways away I lost everything after that continued heavy wireless interference. Never seen that anywhere in this area before, not normal at all. Then it all dropped, soon as it cut back I initiated RTH via my phine screen incase it was not already in RTH and it confimed it on screen. (RTH has always worked before both automatically and manually) My rth alt is 285' appx, instead of coming back the drone shot to 1600' by the time my phone had a second of communication!!!!! and not heading towards the house (very odd part is I have never ever ever had the drone near that height in its life and the speeds were showing very slow <3mph.)

Long story short it hovered in the area started heading towards a neighboring subdivision, I hopped in my car and drove towards the drone, the closer I got my phone read fully disconnected (almost like the interference got worse, I tried manual rth on the controller, next time I saw the drone it was coming straight down in a low battery emergency landing.

Can any of you sift these two logs and see what on earth went wrong? Did I accidently change a setting or miss something critical? Ive had many flight before and never this, could wind have caught it, or maybe a software bug? Any insight very much appreciated as I am quite nervous to take this thing up anymore until I have a plauseable answer.

1. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/258R5DW13VI632HSPS5K/

2. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/27F56KAZ52W359UQQZJI/

2023-1-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. We want to help you investigate this concern. To do so, we need to gather the necessary details. Kindly upload the logs,  a short video showing the issue, and indicate the time it happened. You may share it on this link. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-26
Use props
skyhawk2799
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-26 23:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience. We want to help you investigate this concern. To do so, we need to gather the necessary details. Kindly upload the logs,  a short video showing the issue, and indicate the time it happened. You may share it on this link. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.

The flight logs are in the initial post. You can see in them when it went into rth mode and went to 1600’ instead of coming back. The two links are in the initial post above for the logs.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

skyhawk2799 Posted at 1-27 08:23
The flight logs are in the initial post. You can see in them when it went into rth mode and went to 1600’ instead of coming back. The two links are in the initial post above for the logs.

Apologies, but we need the original DAT files exported from the DJI Assistant 2 software. To export, install DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom on your computer, connect the drone via a USB cable and export the logs. Kindly indicate the time the issue occurred, too. If there is a video available, kindly share it with us as well. Thank you.
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules