DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise 3E export pictures
5361 21 2023-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDN
lvl.2

Belgium

Dear,

We are only able to take out pictures from SD card by taking out the card physically and puttin it in SD card reader connected to pc.

But we would like to export pics while SD card is still plugged in the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise (as we were sued to this workflow with the Phantom 4 RTK) via USB cable to connected pc.
This does not ssem to work: Seems like pc recognize 3 removable hard drives, but none with pics.

We tried already via 4 dfferent cables :
USB-C - To USB-C or USB-C to USB

Any idea how this can be solved?
2023-1-25
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

Only way is SD, I pray they bring QuickTransfer to pilot 2, once again DJI lacking on the enterprise series
2023-1-26
Use props
fansb997c758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7664 ft
Italy

RMKHFD Posted at 1-26 08:36
Only way is SD, I pray they bring QuickTransfer to pilot 2, once again DJI lacking on the enterprise series

+1 for this functionality.
2023-2-16
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't it ridiculous how the M3E can live stream it's video feed across the globe with Flighthub 2. Send it's photos off to a server over the internet to do live mapping. In certain regions it can be flown over LTE network. Consumer Mavic 3's have QuickTransfer. But if you want to transfer data while out in the field with the M3E you're limited to only a Bluetooth transfer that can take up to 2 mins to transfer a single photo.

This is 100% the truth. A few weeks ago I lost a whole jobsites data when the Micro SD card was lost. The M3E's Mirco SD card slot is extremely spring loaded and it became a fast flying projectile when I was ejecting it. I spent an hour looking for it outside in the grass and have never found it. I had to go refly the site.
2023-2-16
Use props
PaulKofi
lvl.4
Mexico

Hi,
I think you are mistaken. On my side I connect the drone to my computer using USB C cable and turn the drone on. On my computer, a window pops up with USB Unit F: (my case) showing contents of drone memory. I can navigate to DCIM and copy any session photos as in following:

Captura.JPG
2023-2-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

PaulKofi Posted at 2-17 07:30
Hi,
I think you are mistaken. On my side I connect the drone to my computer using USB C cable and turn the drone on. On my computer, a window pops up with USB Unit F: (my case) showing contents of drone memory. I can navigate to DCIM and copy any session photos as in following:
[view_image]

Yes I can connect to my PC the same way as you show here. OP have you installed DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) on the PC you're trying to connect the M3E to? Installing the program also installs the drivers that are needed to communicate with the drone. It's almost unbelievable that a DJI Support person hasn't been here to suggest this already.   
2023-2-17
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

the Mavic 3 is so easy to export fotos via SD card,  so you spend TWICE AS MUCH for a 3T and they make export a nightmare
2023-8-19
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-16 19:35
Isn't it ridiculous how the M3E can live stream it's video feed across the globe with Flighthub 2. Send it's photos off to a server over the internet to do live mapping. In certain regions it can be flown over LTE network. Consumer Mavic 3's have QuickTransfer. But if you want to transfer data while out in the field with the M3E you're limited to only a Bluetooth transfer that can take up to 2 mins to transfer a single photo.

This is 100% the truth. A few weeks ago I lost a whole jobsites data when the Micro SD card was lost. The M3E's Mirco SD card slot is extremely spring loaded and it became a fast flying projectile when I was ejecting it. I spent an hour looking for it outside in the grass and have never found it. I had to go refly the site.

100% agree
they upgrade the drone to thermal
and cripple the export feature
2023-8-19
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-16 19:35
Isn't it ridiculous how the M3E can live stream it's video feed across the globe with Flighthub 2. Send it's photos off to a server over the internet to do live mapping. In certain regions it can be flown over LTE network. Consumer Mavic 3's have QuickTransfer. But if you want to transfer data while out in the field with the M3E you're limited to only a Bluetooth transfer that can take up to 2 mins to transfer a single photo.

i too had the SD card fly out of the slot, luckily it was inside the house, and eventually found
2023-8-19
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

PaulKofi Posted at 2-17 07:30
Hi,
I think you are mistaken. On my side I connect the drone to my computer using USB C cable and turn the drone on. On my computer, a window pops up with USB Unit F: (my case) showing contents of drone memory. I can navigate to DCIM and copy any session photos as in following:
[view_image]

i use an ipad most of time
and i certainly havent seen the scree younposted a screenshot of
2023-8-19
Use props
blindsided
lvl.1

Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 2-17 18:06
Yes I can connect to my PC the same way as you show here. OP have you installed DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) on the PC you're trying to connect the M3E to? Installing the program also installs the drivers that are needed to communicate with the drone. It's almost unbelievable that a DJI Support person hasn't been here to suggest this already.

they make some excellent drones,
you a pity they sometimes complicate a procedure
i.e. foto download on M3 is simple, on M3T foto download is a puzzle
2023-8-19
Use props
JDN
lvl.2

Uruguay

Dear al,

after reading the above posts, I verified again and now indeed I can download pictures from the DJI mavic 3E unit without having to take out the SD card.
So DJI did apparently an effort in firmware update to make this possible in comparison with first models.

Thanks for the help
2023-8-19
Use props
S Marsch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1278412 ft
United States

JDN Posted at 8-19 02:27
Dear al,

after reading the above posts, I verified again and now indeed I can download pictures from the DJI mavic 3E unit without having to take out the SD card.

Can you explain how you do this please?
2023-9-22
Use props
JDN
lvl.2

Uruguay

Dear,

I just connect USB-C cable to USB from PC.
You have to power on the drone and you will see extra storage place (E appearing on your windows folder containing the photos form the drone.
Strange that DJI not put this as new feature available.
2023-9-23
Use props
Ct Pirate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9498 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is crazy so I downloaded the Assistant for Enterprise and the Macbook won't install because it's not an approved app for mac????

What the heck? How do I get it to install? So now I have a bunch of data on the 3T and can't get it off without a cable???
4-9 15:55
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ct Pirate Posted at 4-9 15:55
This is crazy so I downloaded the Assistant for Enterprise and the Macbook won't install because it's not an approved app for mac???? [view_image]

What the heck? How do I get it to install? So now I have a bunch of data on the 3T and can't get it off without a cable???

This isn't DJI's fault that Apple is treating their customers like a bunch of children. Seriously, why would you want to use an OS that only lets you install software that the maker approves of? Windows gives you a warning in this type of situation but ultimately leaves the choice up to you. Second, you don't need this software to get the data off the M3T. Just use the SD card to drag and drop. Even if you did need a cable, it is a standard USB C cable that literally everything uses now.
4-9 18:13
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

blindsided Posted at 2023-8-19 00:49
i use an ipad most of time
and i certainly havent seen the scree younposted a screenshot of

Your won't see the Windows File Explorer App that was used in a previous post come up on an iPad, or any IOS device for that matter.  File Explorer runs on the Windows OS only.

4-10 07:20
Use props
Gizmo6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28140 ft
  • >>>
United States

To transfer files without removing the MicroSD card, I power on my M3E, and then use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect to my Windows based PC (or laptop).  File Explorer will automatically open, and I can then navigate to the DCIM folder, find the images, and copy them as needed for post/backup.

This is probably the fastest, and safest way to transfer images from your M3E (or just about any DJI drone) without ejecting the MicroSD card.  Wireless transfer would be nice, but it is really SLOW compared to USB.

Taking a small Windows based laptop with you to the job site can help here, and also be considered a 'Best Practice'.  This of course won't work for Apple users without having to jump through hoops to make it work.  
4-10 07:39
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 2023-2-16 19:35

@johnnokomis - I just now saw your post about a spring loaded SD card ejection.  I had this happen to me for the first time last Saturday AM.   You have never heard a string of curse words so quickly.  I did it while sitting in driver seat, and heard the chip hit the glass on rear passenger window.  To make matters worse, it was the Amazon Basics SD card that is all black, no red band etc...so combine that with a black floor....

It took about five minutes of searching but found it, and got very lucky and avoided a refly.
4-10 09:56
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Gizmo6 Posted at 4-10 07:39
To transfer files without removing the MicroSD card, I power on my M3E, and then use a USB-C to USB-A cable to connect to my Windows based PC (or laptop).  File Explorer will automatically open, and I can then navigate to the DCIM folder, find the images, and copy them as needed for post/backup.

This is probably the fastest, and safest way to transfer images from your M3E (or just about any DJI drone) without ejecting the MicroSD card.  Wireless transfer would be nice, but it is really SLOW compared to USB.

Actually, it works great with an iPad Pro.  Just connect a USB-C cable from the iPad to the drone.  The SD card comes up in the files app, and I can copy to the tablet.  I used to carry a Windows PC, but the iPad has made this very easy.
4-10 10:04
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 4-10 09:56
@johnnokomis - I just now saw your post about a spring loaded SD card ejection.  I had this happen to me for the first time last Saturday AM.   You have never heard a string of curse words so quickly.  I did it while sitting in driver seat, and heard the chip hit the glass on rear passenger window.  To make matters worse, it was the Amazon Basics SD card that is all black, no red band etc...so combine that with a black floor....

It took about five minutes of searching but found it, and got very lucky and avoided a refly.

A year or more ago in the car I had one fly the opposite direction. I heard it hit the front windshield and then down into the defrost air duct. I took part of the dash top out and stuck a vacuum cleaner hose down as far as I could trying to suck it out but I never did. I sold that car this past Sunday to a friend and I told him if he ever is able to find it that I would love it back lol
4-10 10:33
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-10 10:33
A year or more ago in the car I had one fly the opposite direction. I heard it hit the front windshield and then down into the defrost air duct. I took part of the dash top out and stuck a vacuum cleaner hose down as far as I could trying to suck it out but I never did. I sold that car this past Sunday to a friend and I told him if he ever is able to find it that I would love it back lol

That one is probably gone forever!  : )   
It really is amazing that the form factor of so much storage is so tiny.  
4-10 19:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules