horizon tilted.
852 18 2023-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

when I fly in one direction, the horizon is always tilted. Searched the internet, seems like a lot of people have that problem. Is there any way to fix it?
Have latest fireware and made gimball correction. does not help.

when I turn the other ways. Then it corrects itself. Is only in one direction it does that.

2023-1-26
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Is there not an adjustment for the horizon on the Mini 2? I have one for my Mavic 23 Pro. Have you checked the manual about this?Have you calibrated the gimbal?
I had a similar problem with my Mavic 2 Pro and I could not calibrate the gimbal. The calibration allways stopped at about 20%. Had to dend it in for repair via Swedron who sent it down to Netherland for this.
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below;

1. Remove the microSD card from the aircraft.
2. Place the aircraft in a stable status and restart it.
3. Ensure that the aircraft is not in S mode when flying.
4. Calibrate the gimbal in the corresponding app (Refer to the appendix for the app diagram).
5. Connect the corresponding Assistant software for firmware updating (if the firmware is not the latest version) or refresh the firmware (if the firmware is the latest version).

If the issue persists after these steps, please record a video showing the issue and upload it to Google Drive or Youtube then send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-26
Use props
ande
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-26 20:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to follow the troubleshooting steps below;

1. Remove the microSD card from the aircraft.

I have the latest firmware and have calibrated the gimball.

It is not possible to connect dji mini 2 to dji assistance 2. I read online that it does not work with mini 2. If you connect it to data in dji assistance 2, drones do not appear.

here is a link to a video.
2023-1-27
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

ande Posted at 1-27 01:20

It is not possible to connect dji mini 2 to dji assistance 2. I read online that it does not work with mini 2. If you connect it to data in dji assistance 2, drones do not appear.

You can use DJI Assistant with the Mini 2 - you just need to edit a config file (.ini) on your PC to enable the firmware loading functions.

Search the forum or YouTube - it's a very easy and quick change and you can upgrade and refresh - downgrades were disabled in a firmware update a few version ago
2023-1-27
Use props
babychai
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have this issue too but only happen when i pan to the left or right. no issue if i flying straight. problem still there even after I calibrated the gimbal. Yeah, i read online forum and YouTube got many people have this kind of issue.
2023-1-27
Use props
ande
lvl.2
Sweden

No Original Thought Posted at 1-27 01:32
You can use DJI Assistant with the Mini 2 - you just need to edit a config file (.ini) on your PC to enable the firmware loading functions.

Search the forum or YouTube - it's a very easy and quick change and you can upgrade and refresh - downgrades were disabled in a firmware update a few version ago

can't find any guide. Found one but it didn't work if you followed it
2023-1-27
Use props
fans5285c039
Second Officer
Flight distance : 887461 ft
Belarus

You need to calibrate your gimbal with special software. When I had such issue I took my drone to local service and they fixed the problem in just a 5 minutes.

Next it appeared that they shown such calibration on their TikTok channel and I found that they use this software (not something special): https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firmware-tools

Refer to comm_og_service_tool.py section: You need to do "join course" calibration.

I did not try it by myself.

Here is few vids I found:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UCj_ZaoFKfk
2023-1-27
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 1-27 01:32
You can use DJI Assistant with the Mini 2 - you just need to edit a config file (.ini) on your PC to enable the firmware loading functions.

I've connected the Mini 2 to Assistant 2 many times to load and refresh firmware without any need for a config file.

It is a little picky about the exact moment that I plug the drone in after turning on though.
2023-1-27
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-27 05:39
I've connected the Mini 2 to Assistant 2 many times to load and refresh firmware without any need for a config file.

It is a little picky about the exact moment that I plug the drone in after turning on though.
DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) will connect to the Mini 2 without the config tweak, but you will only have access to the log download function.

The firmware functions are disabled by default when you install the assistant software (unless this has changed in a recent update to the software) and to enable them you need to edit a .ini file on your PC and change a single value in that ini file. Then when you next connect to the Mini 2 you will have an extra option in the menu that will allow the firmware to be updated or refreshed.

This video by GavinHR show the process - https://youtu.be/m3Sk1UPLIVg - It's a bit long winded for a really simple process and some of the terms are not quite right, but it does a good job of showing how to enable the firmware functions.

You are right about the timing being critical, though. I usually plug the cable into the drone just after the startup 'tune'.
2023-1-27
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 1-27 11:31
DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) will connect to the Mini 2 without the config tweak, but you will only have access to the log download function.

The firmware functions are disabled by default when you install the assistant software (unless this has changed in a recent update to the software) and to enable them you need to edit a .ini file on your PC and change a single value in that ini file. Then when you next connect to the Mini 2 you will have an extra option in the menu that will allow the firmware to be updated or refreshed.

I just tried it out and the only thing that changes is the "Firmware Update" tab showed up on the left but it takes me to the exact same page as when the application starts without the config change. Clicking 'Refresh' does the same thing regardless of whether the config change is there or not.

withoutconfigchange.jpg
withconfigchange.jpg
2023-1-27
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-27 13:04
I just tried it out and the only thing that changes is the "Firmware Update" tab showed up on the left but it takes me to the exact same page as when the application starts without the config change. Clicking 'Refresh' does the same thing regardless of whether the config change is there or not.
[view_image]
[view_image][Image]

They must have changed the default config at some point since 2.1.8, in that case.

That is the version I am still using and I had to make the change.

I've just downloaded the latest 2.1.15 so will install that over the weekend - though I suspect I'll not see any difference as I've already manually changed the config file anyway and any upgrade should not overwrite changes.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ande Posted at 1-27 01:20

It is not possible to connect dji mini 2 to dji assistance 2. I read online that it does not work with mini 2. If you connect it to data in dji assistance 2, drones do not appear.

Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may need to modify the software to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps;

1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series from the link that I sent above.
2. For Windows, go to Program Files (x86) > DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drones > DJI Engine > , find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1"
2. For Mac. right click DJI Assistant 2 software > Show Package Contents > find "defaultsettings.ini", then open it and change the "0" to "1"

After you configure the software on your computer settings, turn on the aircraft and connect the aircraft to the computer within 10 seconds using the data cable. If you connect the computer to the aircraft after 10 seconds, the computer will not be able to recognize the aircraft. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-28
Use props
ande
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-28 02:22
Thank you for your response and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You may need to modify the software to achieve the upgrade. Please check the below steps;

1. Download the DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series from the link that I sent above.

Can't find "defaultsettings.ini" Maybe because it's newer version of DJI Assistant 2. It gets installed in Program(x86). If I search for defaultsettings.ini in the DJI assistan 2 folder. The computer does not find it.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ande Posted at 1-31 23:14
Can't find "defaultsettings.ini" Maybe because it's newer version of DJI Assistant 2. It gets installed in Program(x86). If I search for defaultsettings.ini in the DJI assistan 2 folder. The computer does not find it.

Thank you for your response. Kindly please look at this folder under DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drones > DJI Engine, then find the "defaultsettings.ini. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-2
Use props
ande
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-2 03:55
Thank you for your response. Kindly please look at this folder under DJI Product > DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Drones > DJI Engine, then find the "defaultsettings.ini. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

there is no such file. Can watch the video in the link

2023-2-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You went too far, instead of Assistant 2/Assistant it is Assistant2/Engine. Then default.ini
2023-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ande Posted at 2-5 09:09
there is no such file. Can watch the video in the link

video

Thank you for your response. Kindly please look for DJI Engine or Engine folder. Please refer to MobileHomer's response above. Furthermore, please make sure that you install the correct software. You may download it using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-2-5
Use props
djiuser_De15LUQFWumt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2164547 ft
North Macedonia

Same problem… tilting the horizon too much when rolling. In fact, it looks like a gimbal trying to compensate for aircraft angle, which is ok, but he is doing this too much, and it is the same when rolling in both directions.

The drone (Mini 2) had a minor crash before that started to happen, but without any visible damage. I opened the upper cover just to see if everything was ok with the gimbal arms, and it was perfectly ok. The gimbal responds normally when tilting the drone in the hand in all directions and looks like it is holding position perfectly. When flying straight, it is ok, but when he rolls left or right, he compensates too much – the horizon is out of level a lot. When the aifrcraft levels in, the horizon levels in again. I've tried gimbal calibration in the Fly app (auto and manual). I've tried refreshing the firmware in DJI Asistent 2 several times, and nothing changed.

So, the question of all questions is: Is it some kind of mechanical (internal) gimbal defect that cannot be repaired by any software, or is it, as someone said, some kind of desynchronization between sensors and gimbal (because there is the same problem on drones without crashes), or whatever can be set by some program. If it is the first one, everything is clear, but if it is the second one, please, if someone knows how to "synchronize" this, explain in detail ?
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules