DJI goggles v2 wont activate
8140 25 2023-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcantollas
lvl.1

United States

I just got my v2 Goggles and I never got the activation prompt. Is there anything I can do without having to buy the dji fpv drone?
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, jcantollas. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Here are the steps for activating the goggles:
1. Install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your computer. Update the goggles to U2 firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
2. Switch the goggles to DJI Digital System Mode (Settings>About).
3. Connect the goggles to the computer using a USB cable and launch the software. Proceed with the activation.
Kindly keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-27
Use props
Jack.stocco
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, i have a similar issue. I bought an used Goggles 2 but i can't pair with dji fly app neither dji virtual flight app (one that i would like to use to practice before buy an Avata).

I do what you suggested (update firmware + Digital System mode) but nothing happens.

What should i do? Only DJI Assistant 2 recognize the Goggles but not the apps!!! Please help
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jack.stocco Posted at 2-1 08:49
Hello, i have a similar issue. I bought an used Goggles 2 but i can't pair with dji fly app neither dji virtual flight app (one that i would like to use to practice before buy an Avata).

I do what you suggested (update firmware + Digital System mode) but nothing happens.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern with your DJI Goggles 2. Since you mentioned that you tried activating it through the DJI Assistant 2, may we confirm if the activation was successful? Please note that to activate the DJI Goggles 2, you only need to connect the goggles to your mobile phone using a USB cable, run the DJI Fly app and follow the prompts. Regarding the DJI Virtual Flight app, did you encounter any error messages? If possible, kindly include a screenshot to further verify. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_eG0Q3LbbhXvr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-27 00:22
Hi, jcantollas. Thank you for reaching out, and apologies for any inconvenience caused. Here are the steps for activating the goggles:
1. Install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) on your computer. Update the goggles to U2 firmware using DJI Assistant 2.
2. Switch the goggles to DJI Digital System Mode (Settings>About).

I tried this.   Didn’t work.
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_eG0Q3LbbhXvr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 19:56
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern with your DJI Goggles 2. Since you mentioned that you tried activating it through the DJI Assistant 2, may we confirm if the activation was successful? Please note that to activate the DJI Goggles 2, you only need to connect the goggles to your mobile phone using a USB cable, run the DJI Fly app and follow the prompts. Regarding the DJI Virtual Flight app, did you encounter any error messages? If possible, kindly include a screenshot to further verify. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you, and have a nice day.

This is pure bs.   Phone only wants you to choose a dji drone.  I do t have a dji drone.  !!!!!
2023-4-19
Use props
djiuser_eG0Q3LbbhXvr
lvl.1

United States

I have the dji v2 goggles and they will not activate.   I’ve tried the dji assistant and plugging in to the phone.   What a joke.   The phone wants you to pic a dji drone.  I built my drone.  I have a runcam wasp vtx in it.   I even got transmission from the drone camera to the goggles but a big msg saying I haven’t activated.   This shouldn’t be this hard.   
2023-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eG0Q3LbbhXvr Posted at 4-19 10:25
I tried this.   Didn’t work.

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask if you encountered any error messages? And have you tried using the DJI Fly app to activate it? If yes, what's the error? Or, was there no prompt to activate? We'll be waiting for your confirmation for further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-21
Use props
djiuser_PdJWCEY4nolD
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

The Same problem in PC DJI Assistemt.
2023-7-1
Use props
Austin Chapman
New

United States

Hello I am trying to activate my goggles and when I get to the final step it says activation not allowed and I have created an account I can’t seem to find out why it won’t let me activate them please I need help and spent a lot of money
2023-7-7
Use props
jcantollas
lvl.1

United States

Austin Chapman Posted at 7-7 12:49
Hello I am trying to activate my goggles and when I get to the final step it says activation not allowed and I have created an account I can’t seem to find out why it won’t let me activate them please I need help and spent a lot of money

What worked for me was connecting my goggles to my phone directly and it activated easily.
2023-7-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PdJWCEY4nolD Posted at 7-1 14:17
The Same problem in PC DJI Assistemt.

Hi, djiuser_PdJWCEY4nolD. Please try to download the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and update the goggles first to the Latest Version. Switch the goggles to the DJI Digital System mode. In DJI FPV mode, you can enter Settings> About to switch DJI FPV mode to DJI Digital FPV System mode. Then connect to DJI Assistant 2 for activation. If it's still not working, kindly provide us with a video of the operation for further checking. Thank you.
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Austin Chapman Posted at 7-7 12:49

Hi, Austin. Please provide us with more information to help you with this issue. May we ask what kind of goggles you have and can you please provide us with how you tried activating it? Does it come with a drone? If so, which drone? Kindly provide us with the exact error message as well. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jcantollas Posted at 7-7 17:49
What worked for me was connecting my goggles to my phone directly and it activated easily.

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your resolution. Hopefully, other users will be able to activate their goggles by  following this one.
2023-7-8
Use props
Exarion
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-8 01:19
Hi there. Thank you for sharing your resolution. Hopefully, other users will be able to activate their goggles by  following this one.

I dont have a lightning cable to connect the goggles to my Iphone. Im trying to activate them through PC but it's activation is failed with no reason provided. Whats the problem any ideas?
2023-7-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Exarion Posted at 7-8 12:47
I dont have a lightning cable to connect the goggles to my Iphone. Im trying to activate them through PC but it's activation is failed with no reason provided. Whats the problem any ideas?

Hello there. Please provide us with more information to help you with this issue. May we ask what kind of goggles you have? Does it come with a drone? If yes, which drone? Kindly provide us which version of Assistant 2 are you using as well. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-7-9
Use props
PeteB93
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm getting incredibly frustrated with DJI as there is no way it should be this complicated to activate the goggles I have.

Full problem:
Goggles: DJI Goggles V2
Drone: FPV Drone with an O2 Air Unit

I can connect the goggles to the Air unit fine (I can see the camera through the goggles etc), however when I try to activate the goggles is when the problems occur.

I have tried the latest DJI assistant 2 FPV series and Consumer drone series. I turn the goggles on, plug it in and nothing happens. Not only the DJI assistant not recognise the goggles, but my PC doesn't even recognise they have been plugged in. I've tried multiple cables and nothing seems to work. I have also tried connecting the goggles to my phone and to a second PC - Again the goggles aren't recognised at all.

I cant view any settings on my goggles (all of the menus seem to be locked).

I have been trying for months now and honestly for something this expensive it's not acceptable.  
2023-9-9
Use props
Antonio_n4
New

United States

Hello, similar issue, Goggles v2 do not connect to Assistant, last version of the software, PC does see the device but not the Assistant. No line Settings>About in the menu, only Settings>Device info but nothing to choose there.
2023-10-14
Use props
Alex Niko
New

Ukraine

Hello, I have the similar issue. Can't connect Goggles v2 do to Assistant, last version of the software. Both MAC and PC does see the device but not the Assistant. Same with DJI Fly.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Alex Niko Posted at 11-6 14:34
Hello, I have the similar issue. Can't connect Goggles v2 do to Assistant, last version of the software. Both MAC and PC does see the device but not the Assistant. Same with DJI Fly.

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Have you already tried using the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) instead? You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/dji-fpv/downloads. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-8
Use props
Hambone 8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4792799 ft
United States

After the latest download my goggles 2 won’t connect to my Mavic 3. Keep getting remote id error. Tried everything even DJI consumer
2023-11-30
Use props
Hambone 8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4792799 ft
United States

After the latest download my goggles 2 won’t connect to my Mavic 3. Keep getting remote id error. Tried everything even DJI consumer
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hambone 8 Posted at 11-30 08:56

Hi there, would you please provide us a video recording for further checking? Thanks.
2023-11-30
Use props
djiuser_JwVRO5wZ5nhT
lvl.1

United States

Help Goggles V2 hooked up to computer to upgrade firmware
IMG_3769.jpeg
3-11 15:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_JwVRO5wZ5nhT Posted at 3-11 15:36
Help Goggles V2 hooked up to computer to upgrade firmware

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try the procedures below:
1. Check whether DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) is used and make sure it is in the latest version. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series
2. Check the current mode of the DJI FPV Goggles V2.
1) If the DJI FPV Goggles V2 has been switched to DJI Digital FPV System mode (150 mode), you can only see the firmware version list of the DJI Digital FPV System but cannot see the DJI FPV firmware version. DJI Digital FPV System Release Notes
2) If the DJI FPV Goggles V2 has been switched to DJI FPV mode (170 mode), you can only see the firmware version list of the DJI FPV but cannot see the firmware version of the DJI Digital FPV System. DJI FPV Release Notes
3. If the DJI FPV Goggles V2 mode is different from the firmware version displayed on the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series). Try the connection again.
I hope it helps. Please keep me posted.
3-12 01:31
Use props
USER001
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Jack.stocco Posted at 2023-2-1 08:49

I don't really know much about the Goggles V2, but my friend has a DJI Avata, he said he also experienced this same issue, but he connected the drone to his phone and opened the DJI Fly app, and he was able to connect the goggles then. Hope this helps!
3-23 09:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules