Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I crashed and I cant get to my photos
730 11 2023-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mecart75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375233 ft
United States

Hello, I crashed my DJI mavic 3 and I had taken some photos before it crashed, can someone tell me how to get the drone to turn on so I can retrieve the photos. Also is there a better way to get to the data other than plugging in my drone every time?

2023-1-26
Use props
ZeuS-FL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you saving the pictures on your Micro SD card or internally? Normally everybody use the Micro SD card for this exact reason and also the Internal memory is limited unless you have a Mavic 3 Cine.
2023-1-26
Use props
mecart75
lvl.1
United States

I do have the Cine, but I set up in the remote to save on the SD card however it never saves on my controller. I always have to retrieve the photos/videos from the drone. there is an SD card on the drone but I only have one and I put the card in my remote.
2023-1-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to say but that may turn out to have been a mistake, the card should have been in the drone i.e. the source.
2023-1-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you are sending the drone to Dji to replace or repair through care refresh, you can ask them to retrieve the phots/videos for you, not sure if they will charge to do this but worth a try.
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair , Also, you may remove the SD card on your drone and plug it into your computer to retrieve the videos or pictures that you had taken before the incident. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-1-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-26 19:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair , Also, you may remove the SD card on your drone and plug it into your computer to retrieve the videos or pictures that you had taken before the incident. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

@DJI Paladin, this guy has a Cine, so he was writing to the SSD onboard.  He had a mem chip in the controller, but is now realizing that isn't going to help for the actual media the drone was filming.  
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 1-27 00:17
@DJI Paladin, this guy has a Cine, so he was writing to the SSD onboard.  He had a mem chip in the controller, but is now realizing that isn't going to help for the actual media the drone was filming.

Thank you for your response and my apologies for the confusion. Yes, we have the option to export files from the built-in SSD of the DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Use the DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable in the box to connect the aircraft to your computer via the USB-C port. Make sure the write speed of your storage device is greater than 700MB/s. Other data cables are not recommended since they make take longer to transfer files as high-speed transmission may not be supported. Thank you.
2023-1-28
Use props
mecart75
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-26 19:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair , Also, you may remove the SD card on your drone and plug it into your computer to retrieve the videos or pictures that you had taken before the incident. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

I did not have a SD card in my drone during the crash so the photos are stored on the internal drive. I sent the drone to DJI and left a note in the box asking for them to email me the photos to my address on the note, will they do that for me?
2023-1-28
Use props
mecart75
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-28 02:28
Thank you for your response and my apologies for the confusion. Yes, we have the option to export files from the built-in SSD of the DJI Mavic 3 Cine. Use the DJI 10Gbps Lightspeed Data Cable in the box to connect the aircraft to your computer via the USB-C port. Make sure the write speed of your storage device is greater than 700MB/s. Other data cables are not recommended since they make take longer to transfer files as high-speed transmission may not be supported. Thank you.

I understand that, but after my crash the drone would not turn on for me to retrieve the data. I sent it off to be repaired, and left a not asking if they will email me the data on the internal drive.
2023-1-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may get lucky.  I hope your images will be saved per your request!
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mecart75 Posted at 1-28 13:46
I understand that, but after my crash the drone would not turn on for me to retrieve the data. I sent it off to be repaired, and left a not asking if they will email me the data on the internal drive.

Thank you for your response. Please provide me the serial number via PM and we will do our best to contact our facility regarding your request. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules