Care Refresh Disaster (mavic 3 classic)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SskoK6c0KfF5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85581 ft
United States

I just received my replacement drone through Care refresh and uploaded the firmware then went to test it out for the initial flight.  The drone came up with about 10 error codes which prompted me to call DJIs customer support.  They recommended I refresh the firmware using my laptop and their program.  I did this which appeared to work (at first).  All of the error codes went away and I went to test it again.  I pressed ‘take off’ and the drone rose into the air as expected.  Then it completely freaked out and started flipping around in the air and went full speed towards the ground (almost hitting me and lightly impacting my friends car in the process).  Upon impact the drone came apart and blew apart the camera as well as broke off one of the arms.  I am extremely disappointed as DJI usually impresses me with their products and service but I was nearly injured by one of their products due to a faulty unit getting sent out to me and I cannot get in contact with someone from DJI until the morning.
24007CFA-FB5F-4F43-A404-193FA3C8B104.jpeg
1906C892-29A6-4EDF-947B-D3246C29CECA.jpeg
C28C01B3-9858-4BA3-9025-C33B09227A4B.jpeg
2023-1-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may request a repair service using this link https://www.dji.com/support/repair . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-1-26
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

What error codes did you receive initially? Also, before the second take off, did you wait for a strong and stable GPS signal? What was the KP index that day? If it was high, that can also mess up the GPS signal.
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_SskoK6c0KfF5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85581 ft
United States

Hrodnand Posted at 1-28 00:28
What error codes did you receive initially? Also, before the second take off, did you wait for a strong and stable GPS signal? What was the KP index that day? If it was high, that can also mess up the GPS signal.

I cannot remember what the initial errors were that came up but there were around 6 or 7 of them and the kp was negligible as the auroral oval was on the other side of the world that time of day.  I do want to say that while it took a couple of weeks, DJI did an excellent job of honoring their warranty and sending out a replacement drone to me after determining it was not user error.
2023-3-5
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

djiuser_SskoK6c0KfF5 Posted at 3-5 11:06
I cannot remember what the initial errors were that came up but there were around 6 or 7 of them and the kp was negligible as the auroral oval was on the other side of the world that time of day.  I do want to say that while it took a couple of weeks, DJI did an excellent job of honoring their warranty and sending out a replacement drone to me after determining it was not user error.

Good to hear that!
2023-3-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The .txt flightlogs for the drone will be, or should be, on the controller ( if you use a smart controller) or, if you use a normal controller, on your 'phone'.
If you go to the website
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
and read the intstructions there you may be able to retrieve the .txt.flight logs for the troublesome 'flights'.
If so, copy those logs and, if you can find them, the corresponding DATs  to computer etc. and then upload the .txt to that site.
You might like to post the resulting URL here for comment etc..

According to some people, a bit of superglue and gaffa tape and it will be fine, lol.
That is one impressively dismantled camera/gimbal.
2023-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules