Mini 3 Pro for Photogrammetry? YES PLEASE!
2239 6 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

Hi Everyone,
i want to share the result of a Castle Photogrammetry that i shot with my Mini 3 Pro!
I'm happy with the results, considering that i shot at 12 MPixel. I suppose that shooting at full resolution of 48 MPixel could give you even better results!It's sad that Mini 3 Pro still doesn't have a Waypoint/Cruise Control/3rd Party App Support. It could make photogrammetry even easier and better! (Please DJI! )
I leave here a screenshot of the 3D model and the link to the Sketchfab Project
Immagine.jpg

2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, alfiosky. We appreciate you for sharing this awesome work that you've done! We will coordinate your suggestion to our designated team for attention. For the latest news and updates, please stay tuned to our website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice work and +1 for Waypoint/Cruise Control
2023-1-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just looking at the model on Sketchfab,   looks great.  what did you use to produce it.
2023-1-28
Use props
alfiosky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2799403 ft
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 1-28 03:04
Just looking at the model on Sketchfab,   looks great.  what did you use to produce it.

Hi DAFlys, i used Agisoft Metashape for Photogrammetry elaboration.
Thank you!
2023-1-28
Use props
djiuser_50VzBxu8Xxe0
New

Australia

alfiosky Posted at 1-28 08:14
Hi DAFlys, i used Agisoft Metashape for Photogrammetry elaboration.
Thank you!

I've just decided to get in to photogrammetry. It looks very interesting. I only recently bought a mini 3 pro and have around 4 hours of flight time under my belt.

Can you suggest any videos or give any advice or direction on where to get started? I understand there's been an SDK update for mini 3 pro, which may only be for android that will allow connection to 3rd party programms for flight automation. I don't completely understand all of that though, and from what i can see, it's not available using the RC with built in screen.

Any advice would be very welcome

Thanks
2023-5-10
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Very well done, I like the details  you managed in the 3d model.
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules