Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does the Mini 3 have remote ID
32146 39 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RKQI7s7L388l
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does the regular Mini 3 have remote ID? I cant see any reference to it in the user manual or on the product page. The Mini 3 Pro user manual mentions remote ID in the appendix, so this makes me think the regular Mini 3 doesnt have it? Can someone confirm this?
If the mini 3 does have remote ID does it automatically broadcast? and if so does it broadcast in regions where remote ID isnt required by law?
2023-1-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There are multiple standards for remote id,  the two currently supported is Japan and USA,   they only enable in those regions and you have to enter the serials to activate.
2023-1-28
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

It is on the FAA remote ID compliace list,So it probably is broadcasting it just like the mini 3 pro.
2023-1-28
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

The mini 3 is on the FAA remote ID compliance list as is pro version. So it is currently broadcasting remote iD I believe.
2023-1-28
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

Pastime Posted at 1-28 11:04
The mini 3 is on the FAA remote ID compliance list as is pro version. So it is currently broadcasting remote iD I believe.

I could be wrong on this DAflys who know.
Have a good day
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May we confirm if you are referring to RID in the USA? If yes, DJI Mini 3 supports FAA RID in its factory firmware. It will automatically broadcast when it meets the following conditions:
1. The drone has the Remote ID functionality.
2. The drone is within the airspace of the United States.
3. The drone's motor starts.
It will not broadcast RID when it leaves the country/region that requires it. We hope this helps. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-30
Use props
Francis Kuo
lvl.1

Taiwan

What if the remote ID is for Japan area?
Could @DJI Tony help confirm if Mini 3 is built-in Remote ID for Japan or not?
2023-5-9
Use props
djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7
lvl.2

United States

I have a DJI mini 3 which I specifically bought for remote ID compliance. However, despite being listed on the FAA declaration of compliance website remote ID is no where to be found ANYWHERE within the software. I contacted DJI support and they told me it would broadcast using the same serial number instead of a separate remote ID serial number like the mini 3 pro. I can confirm that I am using the latest firmware and IT DOES NOT BROADCAST REMOTE ID. I have used several remote ID scanners and the drone does not appear. Going to return and file a compliant with the FAA. Consumers have until September 2023 to comply but manufacturers are not allowed to manufacture drones after September of 2022 that don't comply. Shame on you DJI.
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_hh7mfXmgx6hZ
New

Philippines

djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7 Posted at 5-17 15:19
I have a DJI mini 3 which I specifically bought for remote ID compliance. However, despite being listed on the FAA declaration of compliance website remote ID is no where to be found ANYWHERE within the software. I contacted DJI support and they told me it would broadcast using the same serial number instead of a separate remote ID serial number like the mini 3 pro. I can confirm that I am using the latest firmware and IT DOES NOT BROADCAST REMOTE ID. I have used several remote ID scanners and the drone does not appear. Going to return and file a compliant with the FAA. Consumers have until September 2023 to comply but manufacturers are not allowed to manufacture drones after September of 2022 that don't comply. Shame on you DJI.

You, are an idiot.

Real id is exempt under 250 grams.

Mini 3 is 249 grams, and is exempt from real id.
2023-5-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_hh7mfXmgx6hZ Posted at 5-17 16:24
You, are an idiot.

Well, you are partially WRONG!!! In the U.S., ANY drone used for Part 107 MUST have RID!!!
2023-5-17
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

I have a DJI mini 3 which I specifically bought for remote ID compliance. However, despite being listed on the FAA declaration of compliance website remote ID is no where to be found ANYWHERE within the software. I contacted DJI support and they told me it would broadcast using the same serial number instead of a separate remote ID serial number like the mini 3 pro. I can confirm that I am using the latest firmware and IT DOES NOT BROADCAST REMOTE ID. I have used several remote ID scanners and the drone does not appear. Going to return and file a compliant with the FAA. Consumers have until September 2023 to comply but manufacturers are not allowed to manufacture drones after September of 2022 that don't comply. Shame on you DJI.

No comment
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Francis Kuo Posted at 5-9 22:48
What if the remote ID is for Japan area?
Could @DJI Tony help confirm if Mini 3 is built-in Remote ID for Japan or not?

Hi, Francis. The DJI Mini 3 comes with a built-in Remote ID, so you need to keep your drone, remote controller, and app up to date first. Please note that Remote ID can only be logged in with DJI FLY APP in Japan. Hope this helps.
2023-5-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

I have a DJI mini 3 which I specifically bought for remote ID compliance. However, despite being listed on the FAA declaration of compliance website remote ID is no where to be found ANYWHERE within the software. I contacted DJI support and they told me it would broadcast using the same serial number instead of a separate remote ID serial number like the mini 3 pro. I can confirm that I am using the latest firmware and IT DOES NOT BROADCAST REMOTE ID. I have used several remote ID scanners and the drone does not appear. Going to return and file a compliant with the FAA. Consumers have until September 2023 to comply but manufacturers are not allowed to manufacture drones after September of 2022 that don't comply. Shame on you DJI.

Hi, djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7. Thank you for reaching out. FAA RID is supported by the factory firmware of Mini 3.

For aircraft with a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F). The Remote ID serial number is the same as the drone serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number, for example, Mavic 3 series, Mini 3 series, Avata, Matrice 30 series, Mavic 3 Enterprise series, etc. You can check the serial number of the drone in various ways,

1. Serial number on the box sticker.
2. Serial number inside the battery compartment or elsewhere on the fuselage of the drone.
3. Serial number inside the DJI App.

The drone will broadcast the FAA Remote ID signal when all of the following conditions are met.
• The drone has the Remote ID functionality.
• The drone is within the airspace of the United States.
• The drone's motor starts
2023-5-17
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

What's the point of posting a comment, with no comment...

Is there any hidden message in there? Just trying to learn...
2023-5-17
Use props
djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 23:41
Hi, djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7. Thank you for reaching out. FAA RID is supported by the factory firmware of Mini 3.

For aircraft with a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F). The Remote ID serial number is the same as the drone serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number, for example, Mavic 3 series, Mini 3 series, Avata, Matrice 30 series, Mavic 3 Enterprise series, etc. You can check the serial number of the drone in various ways,

Thank you for your response. The Mini 3 does have a 20-digit serial number beginning with the pre-fix 1581F which would suggest it broadcasts remote ID as this is the serial pre-fix listed on the FAA declaration of compliance.

Can you tell me how the Mini 3 broadcasts its remote ID? Does it use Wifi/Bluetooth/ADS-B? Perhaps this is why I am unable to detect it if I have been scanning the wrong frequencies.
2023-5-18
Use props
djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7
lvl.2

United States

You, are an idiot.

No argument there. I am rather idiotic sometimes. I am trying to use it for Part 107 however which will still require RID unfortunately.
2023-5-18
Use props
Pastime
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 5-17 23:56
What's the point of posting a comment, with no comment...

Is there any hidden message in there? Just trying to learn...

Meaning it is not even worth anyone commenting on,ok.
2023-5-18
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Pastime Posted at 5-18 06:12
Meaning it is not even worth anyone commenting on,ok.

Gotcha...
2023-5-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7 Posted at 5-18 02:43
Thank you for your response. The Mini 3 does have a 20-digit serial number beginning with the pre-fix 1581F which would suggest it broadcasts remote ID as this is the serial pre-fix listed on the FAA declaration of compliance.

Can you tell me how the Mini 3 broadcasts its remote ID? Does it use Wifi/Bluetooth/ADS-B? Perhaps this is why I am unable to detect it if I have been scanning the wrong frequencies.

Hi, djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-5-19
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1190512 ft
United Kingdom

Thank god I live and fly In UK.

Matt
2023-5-21
Use props
djiuser_gkx7WFc3mlZL
New
United States

djiuser_P9IJ57AC9wI7 Posted at 5-18 02:45
No argument there. I am rather idiotic sometimes. I am trying to use it for Part 107 however which will still require RID unfortunately.

You're not an idiot, mini 3 Pro with the Pro battery is >250g, almost 290g. (literally big warning info stated from DJI when buying them) which would require FAA reg. I came here looking for the same answer. People making crap comments are the ones who know nothing anyway. Hope you find your answer, im going to keep looking too. Cheers!
Screenshot_20230521_175941_Chrome.jpg
2023-5-21
Use props
nazgull
lvl.2
Canada

An interesting conversation...speculating: since the drone and the controller are always talking back and forth, with positions, video streams and more, the ID could  be in the "pairing" of the two. Perhaps just adding a sentence or two that the "authority" could read  by unencrypting that portion "in plain"or sharing the key (more likely?), would  be enough.
  After all, DJI already sells a receiving device (Aeroscope) that can do all this.
2023-5-22
Use props
DigitalPro23
New

Pakistan

Mini 3 have remote ID have Report Id. I have read an THIS Article it explained in detail . you can check as well.
https://digitalhow.co.uk/does-the-dji-mini-3-have-remote-id/
2023-6-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DigitalPro23 Posted at 6-11 11:24
Mini 3 have remote ID have Report Id. I have read an THIS Article it explained in detail . you can check as well.
https://digitalhow.co.uk/does-the-dji-mini-3-have-remote-id/

Ummm.... That article doesn't say or clarify anything that wasn't said here in this thread already. It adds nothing to the discussion.
2023-6-16
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

You, are an idiot.

pot, meet kettle.

as pointed out, you are the one that is mistaken.

civility is a good thing, give it a try.
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_dPyUFFMVWEjU
New

United States

With a small bit of research it has become apparent that the majority of recreational drone fliers are douche bags that think they know a whole lot. In reality know nothing at all. MP3 with the larger battery needs to be registered. It's $5, and the FAA is not going to come knock on your door to interview you about your drone. Even if the gobment bans them, there is not a lot they can do about existing DJI products.

For the civilized folk that just want an answer....
The remote broadcast ID is the same as your drone serial number. Starts with 1581, turn on remote and drone, click Go Fly, click 3 button menu in the top right then About, scroll down to the bottom and look for Aircraft SN.
When you are registering just click the YES radial button and select Standard Remote ID and enter drone serial/remote id number and other info as you would in the other scenario. All done.

Fly safe, unless you are the aforementioned drone douche, then do hit a tree.
2023-6-16
Use props
djiuser_uoeLD4v6GeQa
New

United States

You, are an idiot.

Considering that almost anything you add to the Mini3 (including using the larger battery) brings the Gross Takeoff Weight above 250 gm, it becomes a Category 2 aircraft.  Also, if it's to be used under part 107, it requires Remote ID.  
2023-7-25
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

How is this in Europe? or EASA Airspace?

We have to insert a number into the drone software. And the drone needs to broadcast that number as Remote ID.
Is this already possible?
2023-7-26
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

GuiG Posted at 7-26 03:23
How is this in Europe? or EASA Airspace?

We have to insert a number into the drone software. And the drone needs to broadcast that number as Remote ID.

Remote ID as supported by some DJI drones only enabled for USA & japan currently.
2023-7-27
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 7-27 12:54
Remote ID as supported by some DJI drones only enabled for USA & japan currently.

Hi All:

I am considering purchasing either a Mavic 3 Mini or a Magic 3 Mini Pro.  My goal is to use it with the Litchi beta app.  I live and will be using it in the US.  I read back in this thread that in Japan one needed to be using the DJI app for Remote ID to be broadcast in Japan.  What about the United States?  Will Mini 3 or pro broadcast remote ID if I am using Litchi Beta in the United States.

Don
2023-9-6
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

DGBarar Posted at 9-6 19:01
Hi All:

I am considering purchasing either a Mavic 3 Mini or a Magic 3 Mini Pro.  My goal is to use it with the Litchi beta app.  I live and will be using it in the US.  I read back in this thread that in Japan one needed to be using the DJI app for Remote ID to be broadcast in Japan.  What about the United States?  Will Mini 3 or pro broadcast remote ID if I am using Litchi Beta in the United States.

DGBarar, Try Litchi's website and ask there as they will be able to give you a definitive answer.
2023-9-7
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-7 09:47
DGBarar, Try Litchi's website and ask there as they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

Hi Videoeditman:

Good suggestion.  I will do just that.

Don
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

Such a good little slave you are, I do hope you're current on all your compliance vaccines, wearing your face diaper & ready to line up for group showers should the govt ask, as we know from history theyre always there to help.
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_R4XfuYGFMJ3t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 768537 ft

United States

A great role model slave you are, I hope likewise youve gotten all compliance jaggs to stay safe! Remember if daddy govt asks you to get in line for group showers its just because they care and are here to help you.
2023-9-17
Use props
djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222215 ft
United States

I like anonymity which is why I bought the Mini 3 and do not use the plus battery. Nor do I use my drone for any commercial purpose (no part 107). I just bought a couple FIMI drones and so far I have all the functionality of dji but much less expensive. Time will tell about build quality.
1-27 04:32
Use props
fans5708782c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11308691 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-1-30 01:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May we confirm if you are referring to RID in the USA? If yes, DJI Mini 3 supports FAA RID in its factory firmware. It will automatically broadcast when it meets the following conditions:

If I have the DJI RC controller, the one with the built-in screen, do I have to connect a cell phone to it before I can take off?  I know for the avata drones using the goggles 2, one has to connect a cell phone to the goggles to activate remote ID before the drone is allowed to take off
2-9 02:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5708782c Posted at 2-9 02:01
If I have the DJI RC controller, the one with the built-in screen, do I have to connect a cell phone to it before I can take off?  I know for the avata drones using the goggles 2, one has to connect a cell phone to the goggles to activate remote ID before the drone is allowed to take off

Hi there. No need to connect a phone to the DJI RC. It already has an integrated GPS module while the Goggles 2 has none. If you are encountering any issues with your remote, please keep me posted. Have a nice day.
2-10 02:49
Use props
djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222215 ft
United States

djiuser_4TLkdQSeEXB4 Posted at 1-27 04:32
I like anonymity which is why I bought the Mini 3 and do not use the plus battery. Nor do I use my drone for any commercial purpose (no part 107). I just bought a couple FIMI drones and so far I have all the functionality of dji but much less expensive. Time will tell about build quality.

Me too. I own a mini 3 (not pro) a FIMI X8SE 2022 V2 and a FIMI X8 Pro. I also appreciate anonymity and the X8 Pro offers Mavic Pro functionality for less than half the price. FIMI customer service however is complete crap!
2-29 05:50
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-1-30 01:59

So after reading the couple of threads on this topic, it is my understanding that the mini 3 (not pro) is remote ID “capable” out of the box. However it won’t actually be “enabled” unless you use the extended battery.  Is that how others see it?

DJI in their response earlier listed three criteria. The last two ( be in USA and have motors running) are easily to understand. Their first criteria is vague.  They say the drone needs remote ID “functionality”. We already know it has the capability in firmware, but it sounds like the functionality comes from mating with the extended battery. If that is the case, why didn’t they just say that?
3-10 05:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Texas-Mark Posted at 3-10 05:41
So after reading the couple of threads on this topic, it is my understanding that the mini 3 (not pro) is remote ID “capable” out of the box. However it won’t actually be “enabled” unless you use the extended battery.  Is that how others see it?

DJI in their response earlier listed three criteria. The last two ( be in USA and have motors running) are easily to understand. Their first criteria is vague.  They say the drone needs remote ID “functionality”. We already know it has the capability in firmware, but it sounds like the functionality comes from mating with the extended battery. If that is the case, why didn’t they just say that?

Hi there. The  Mini 3, even when using the Standard battery still broadcasts Remote ID. The DJI Mini 4 Pro supports broadcasting Remote ID only when using Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. Have a nice day.
3-11 02:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules