Phantom 4 grainy photos and videos
820 6 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelmnm24
lvl.1
United States

I had never had this issue before and I'm not sure if the issue started when I installed a 4Hawks signal extender but all of my videos and photos come out terrible. They seem to be overexposed or just very "grainy". I have attached a photo to show the issue I've been having. Any help would be appreciated.
2023-1-27
Use props
michaelmnm24
lvl.1
United States

2023-1-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never experienced anything remotely as bad as that with my P4 in the 3 years I had it - even using Skyreat range extenders. Have you tried removing the 4Hawks device to see if the problem disappears?
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if these images came straight from the SD card of the unit? Can you please try to remove the SD Card, back up all the files on the card, and please reformat it? In addition, we do not recommend using any 3rd party accessory on the unit as we cannot guarantee the stability of the unit when in use of the said 3rd party accessory, try to remove it and then have a test flight to see if there are any changes. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-27
Use props
michaelmnm24
lvl.1
United States

Appreciate the responses, I have been using a SanDisk Extreme SD card which I have formatted. I have not had any improvement in the quality of the videos and photos produced by the drone. I have not yet tried to uninstall the 4Hawk signal extender but I'm having trouble believing that would make any difference. Very frustrating as the drone I feel is pretty much useless now.
2023-1-28
Use props
Grumpy OldMan
lvl.2

Australia

michaelmnm24 Posted at 1-28 01:30
Appreciate the responses, I have been using a SanDisk Extreme SD card which I have formatted. I have not had any improvement in the quality of the videos and photos produced by the drone. I have not yet tried to uninstall the 4Hawk signal extender but I'm having trouble believing that would make any difference. Very frustrating as the drone I feel is pretty much useless now.

Isn't that caused by having the over exposure turned on in the camera settings? I can't remember what the exact terminology is, but it looks similar to what you see with it turned on. Although I wouldn't think it should be on the recorded images, but it might be a camera setting that has been accidentally changed.
2023-1-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

michaelmnm24 Posted at 1-28 01:30

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please try to remove that 3rd party accessory and then check if the issue persists? Also, you may reset the camera settings under Settings (3 lines below shutter button) > Gear Icon > On the very bottom click the "Reset Camera Settings" as suggested also by our fellow DJI Pilot. Please hit the "reply" button for us to be notified when you reply. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules