Does a USB C splitter with PD work while supplying audio?
1683 8 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Hack2321
lvl.1
United States

I record hour long and sometimes more than an hour long videos. I want to run an external power brick to allow me to keep recording well past the battery's capacity. For now I haven't really ran into the power running out before my sessions are done, but every time I check there's barely any battery juice left after an hour of recording.

I currently have an USB-c wireless mic hooked up to capture audio (Rode Wireless Go II. I know, the DJI is better. But I already have the Rode). Works great. As an experiment I hooked up my USB-c hub for the computer with a USB-c PD (up to 60W) port with power, and it charges the DJI Osmo Action 3 just fine. The hub has an USB-A general purpose port, and while it also charges the Rode Wireless Go 2 receiver, the DJI Osmo Action 3 does not recognize it as a mic input (no little mic icon on screen).

The Rode Wireless Go 2 has a 3.5mm audio jack for output, does a splitter like this work so the DJI can record external audio while charging?

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Charger-Adapter-Charging-Compatible/dp/B09GYRH6YM/

Apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered, some quick search seems to suggest that the Action 3 does not allow external audio recording while charging but the answers by DJI was ambiguous at best? At least it sounds like the original action, an adapter like this would work, while the functionality has been disabled or does not exist on the Action 3?
2023-1-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

no splitter work

you can use your Rode as a voice recorder
2023-1-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

if you got this cable  does it work?     because we all are asking DJI for a splitter to use like the CYNOVA
2023-1-27
Use props
The_Hack2321
lvl.1
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-27 10:49
if you got this cable  does it work?     because we all are asking DJI for a splitter to use like the CYNOVA

I haven't gotten it, but I will probably buy it and test it and let y'all know.
2023-1-27
Use props
The_Hack2321
lvl.1
United States

lutzmix Posted at 1-27 10:04
no splitter work

you can use your Rode as a voice recorder

I don't want to use my Rode as a voice recorder. I don't want to do any post processing before I upload, I'm not well versed in video editing and is simply looking to concoct the files using FFMPeg and upload to YouTube.
2023-1-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The_Hack2321 Posted at 1-27 11:15
I haven't gotten it, but I will probably buy it and test it and let y'all know.

Please do I was going to do a usb type C DIY  board and figure the leads out to getto the power and mic
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, The_Hack2321. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we haven't tested this cable yet. Since there are many types of wires on the market, feel free to perform a test to determine whether it is supported. The Type-C port of the Osmo Action series is the digital port. For audio input, there may be some incompatibility, so the sound can not be heard.

In addition, Action 3 supports recording in the charging state. However, it may heat up during charging, and thus stop filming when shooting videos with a high frame rate. The charging process may also stop if the camera is noticeably overheating. It is recommended to charge the camera in a 5 to 40℃ environment. In addition, using the camera during charging will affect the battery life. It is recommended to power off the camera for charging, and to use it after it is fully charged. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-1-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-29 00:59
Hi, The_Hack2321. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we haven't tested this cable yet. Since there are many types of wires on the market, feel free to perform a test to determine whether it is supported. The Type-C port of the Osmo Action series is the digital port. For audio input, there may be some incompatibility, so the sound can not be heard.

In addition, Action 3 supports recording in the charging state. However, it may heat up during charging, and thus stop filming when shooting videos with a high frame rate. The charging process may also stop if the camera is noticeably overheating. It is recommended to charge the camera in a 5 to 40℃ environment. In addition, using the camera during charging will affect the battery life. It is recommended to power off the camera for charging, and to use it after it is fully charged. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

DJI Gamora:

If I read right
We like to have  an  Sterio mic input  & Charging cable. we all know the camera can record & charge. Maybe you missread his question?

Either we have to charge the cable and use an   voice recorder till DJI makes a CNOVA adapter
2023-1-29
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

2-2 23:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules