3537 18 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280994 ft
Venezuela

Hi,
According to the technical details of the Mini 3 Pro it can output HDR HQ Videos when shooting at 24 - 25 or 30 fps settings.

Now, has anyone exported and edited these videos, so that they are recognized as HDR when uploading them to YouTube, and YouTube can generate the HDR version for compatible devices ?

Thank's

2023-1-27
Use props
willstones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes indeed it can. The quality is awesome! But to be clear you can export even 8 bit video for HDR to YouTube, it’s just that 10 bit source content looks better.

Any video editing software that supports rendering in h265 HLG will do the job. I use Davinci Resolve.
2023-1-27
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Venezuela

willstones Posted at 1-27 14:43
Yes indeed it can. The quality is awesome! But to be clear you can export even 8 bit video for HDR to YouTube, it’s just that 10 bit source content looks better.

Any video editing software that supports rendering in h265 HLG will do the job. I use Davinci Resolve.

Thanks for answering,

It is possible that you share some screenshots of the configuration that Davinci Resolve uses to generate the final video that allows it to be delivered in HDR by YouTube..

I am also working with that video editor.
2023-1-27
Use props
madao05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1445400 ft
Italy

DJI HDR does not work…
The file are SDR and you can concerto to HLG but the source file are not HDR AT ALL…
And also the final result it will be just a “simulation”

I don’t know why DJI advertises a function that at the end it is not implemented in the Mini 3 and 3 Pro…

I’m really really upset about that…
2023-1-27
Use props
adamtube
New

Vietnam

DJI HDR does not work… (
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

adamtube Posted at 4-16 19:05
DJI HDR does not work… (

Hi, adamtube. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please elaborate more on the issues encountered for better understanding? We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-4-16
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

You won't get any HDR video (PQ or HLG) out of the Mini 3 Pro.
The marketing may be a bit misleading.

HDR on the Mini 3 Pro simply means that it has slightly better DR at 24-30FPS.

If you want HDR video, you'd have to shoot D-Cinelike in 10 bit, turn sharpening and NR down to -2 for some decent latitude and convert to HDR in Resolve using a color management such as RCM2 or ACES. The BMD 4K Film Gen 3 as input seems to work quite well.
2023-4-18
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

DJI HDR does not work… (

I don't have a Mini 3 Pro, but according to video below, it can be done with Mini 3 Pro.  I have a Mavic 3 and it took me a long time to figure out how to edit/export/upload edited HDR 10 bit videos to youtube using Davinci Resolve Studio 18.  It won't work with the free version of Davinci Resolve.  My laptop barely meets the hardware requirements. And I had to use the Nvidia studio driver on my laptop--not the gaming driver.  You must have/use 10 bit on your Mini 3 Pro, i.e. D-Cinelike.

https://support.google.com/youtu ... video-file-encoding

Here are the settings that ebs4411 used in his video (according to ebs4411).  (I wouldn't have used some of his settings, but that's neither here nor there since he got it to work).  If you read the comments of his video, he posts all of his settings...in Davinci Resolve Studio 18.  There are Davinci Resolve tutorials on youtube.

Die Aufnahmen wurden mit DaVinci Resolve 18 in HDR 10 Bit bearbeitet. Ich habe dabei in DaVinci Resolve folgende Einstellungen verwendet.   DaVinci Resolve Project Settings /Color Management:   Color sciende = DaVinci YRGB Color Managed   Automatic color management = on   Color processing mode = HDR   Use separate color space and gamma = on   Output color space = HDR HLG / ST2084 1000 nit   HDR mastering is for = 1000 nits   Enable Dolby Vision = off   Dolby Vision version = 4.0   Mastering display = 1000-nit, BT 2020, D65, ST2084, Full   HDR 10+ = on   Lookup Tables: Input Lookup table = D-cinelike-full Export HDR10 Videos aus Davinci Resolve 18 MP4, H.256 Use hardware acceleration it available / on Embed HDR10 Metadata / on Quality 80000 Kb/s Main 10 Advanced Settings: Square / on Full / on Color Space Tag: Rec.2020 Gamma Tag: Rec. 2100 ST2084

2023-4-18
Use props
adamtube
New

Vietnam

DJI HDR does not work…Youtube Video downloader https://tubeshortsdownloader.com/en/ (

i'm having problem, HDR is not working, and i can't export it on youtube
2023-4-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

HDR video means encoding HDR10 data in video stream, to be used at playback by HDR compatible devices.
There is no such thing at DJI new drones, already discussed in other topic.

What you have is a Double Exposure that should provide better DR, but is BS marketing because also DJI have Limited RGB (in order to lower the CPU consuming probably), meaning you increase DR but cut 12.5% from it because of Limited RGB that is killing 16 shades of white and 16 shades of black from a total of 255.

Yes, you can EMULATE a HDR video for Youtube using Resolve by exporting the D-CINE in HLG format Main10 MP4 H265 (you need paid Resolve), but...there is a BUT... (not BUTT, but the same...)...the generated video will not be a true HDR10, as YOU DO NOT HAVE HDR embedded data from recording, as the sensors from Mini 3 PRO and Mavic 3 are NOT HDR capable.
So...for HDR true flow you need an Autel Drone...they have FULL RGB and HDR encoding in video....of course, this will come with pluses and minuses as well.

In rest is a nonsense talk about HDR and DJI.
Cheers.
2023-4-27
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

Geo_Drone Posted at 4-27 03:00
HDR video means encoding HDR10 data in video stream, to be used at playback by HDR compatible devices.

The Mavic 3 actually supports HLG. Uploading to YouTube would enable HDR on that platform.

Maybe we can convince DJI to enable D-Log M like on the 3x telephoto on the Mavic 3 Pro using the exact same sensor.
2023-4-28
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

55Media Posted at 4-28 03:26
The Mavic 3 actually supports HLG. Uploading to YouTube would enable HDR on that platform.

Maybe we can convince DJI to enable D-Log M like on the 3x telephoto on the Mavic 3 Pro using the exact same sensor.

HLG is not HDR.
Is 10 bit HEVC with increased DR in highlights.Yes, will be converted and exported as HDR, but one thing is to Edit and Work in HDR10 and other to edit and save a HLG...
Is like you have a Toyota Corolla and want to make it Lambourghini.
2023-4-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Geo_Drone Posted at 4-28 04:49
HLG is not HDR.
Is 10 bit HEVC with increased DR in highlights.Yes, will be converted and exported as HDR, but one thing is to Edit and Work in HDR10 and other to edit and save a HLG...
Is like you have a Toyota Corolla and want to make it Lambourghini.

HLG is designed to be compatible with both HDR and SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) displays, which means that it can be viewed on either type of display without the need for additional processing or conversion. When HLG content is played on an HDR display, the full dynamic range of brightness and color information is used to produce a more immersive and lifelike image. When the same content is played on an SDR display, the HLG signal is automatically converted to SDR using a process called backward compatibility. This allows the content to be viewed on SDR displays without any loss of detail or color accuracy.

So HLG is a type of HDR format that is designed to be compatible with both HDR and SDR displays, and it can be considered a type of HDR.

Mini 3 pro as discussed above doesnt have True HDR HLG version, instead in 8 bit container its dual gain iso shoots 2 video stream & fuse it in 1 video.

To get HLG output you need to shoot in 10 bit D-Cinelike & then convert it manually to HLG HDR which is bit difficult for most of users who do not have full HDR editing setup.

I did a test for HDR in Davinci Resolve & had major issues in color grading D-Cinelike, here is one sample which looks great on HDR TV or Latest iphones & Ipads..

2023-4-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Here is another HDR HLG video from Dr. Christoph Oberschneider, he is a member here too.

2023-4-28
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Venezuela

55Media Posted at 4-18 09:10
You won't get any HDR video (PQ or HLG) out of the Mini 3 Pro.
The marketing may be a bit misleading.

Many Thank for replay..
2023-4-28
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Venezuela

DroneApe Posted at 4-18 13:23
I don't have a Mini 3 Pro, but according to video below, it can be done with Mini 3 Pro.  I have a Mavic 3 and it took me a long time to figure out how to edit/export/upload edited HDR 10 bit videos to youtube using Davinci Resolve Studio 18.  It won't work with the free version of Davinci Resolve.  My laptop barely meets the hardware requirements. And I had to use the Nvidia studio driver on my laptop--not the gaming driver.  You must have/use 10 bit on your Mini 3 Pro, i.e. D-Cinelike.

https://support.google.com/youtu ... video-file-encoding

Many Thank for replay..
2023-4-28
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Venezuela

Geo_Drone Posted at 4-27 03:00

Many Thank for replay..
2023-4-28
Use props
RCCrawlerVenezuela
lvl.2
Venezuela

Ranjan Posted at 4-28 06:16
Here is another HDR HLG video from Dr. Christoph Oberschneider, he is a member here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX0FKnwaysE

Many Thank for replay..
2023-4-28
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Ranjan Posted at 4-28 05:27
HLG is designed to be compatible with both HDR and SDR (Standard Dynamic Range) displays, which means that it can be viewed on either type of display without the need for additional processing or conversion. When HLG content is played on an HDR display, the full dynamic range of brightness and color information is used to produce a more immersive and lifelike image. When the same content is played on an SDR display, the HLG signal is automatically converted to SDR using a process called backward compatibility. This allows the content to be viewed on SDR displays without any loss of detail or color accuracy.

So HLG is a type of HDR format that is designed to be compatible with both HDR and SDR displays, and it can be considered a type of HDR.

HLG is NOT HDR !
Simple. Is like you say a cow is same with a sheep.

Can be converted ? Yes, but without HDR container is not pure HDR10. Search the difference in them.

Also you do NOT NEED to convert HLG to anything, as a lot of modern TV's will be capable to decode HLG properly. You can just save it as HLG using the BT2020 format and will be recognised.

Cheers.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules