New Air 2s Bug. Need some help.
773 4 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Recieved my new Air 2S today and ran in to a couple of bugs. I did the firmware update using DJI Assistant 2. No problem. Using my RC Pro and made sure it was updated as well. Calibrated the compass. Took it for a flight after rechecking all settings. Remote showed 20 sats locked on. All went well until I selected RTH. I was flying at 250ish feet and when I selected RTH the drone started returning but quickly reached my max flight level of 397 feet and just braked. No stick input at all. I canceled RTH, brought it back down to 250 feet and manualy flew it for a little bit. I selected RTH again and it did the same quickly rising to 397 feet and just stopped. 397 feet is where I had set my max alltidude on the remote.  Strange. Any thoughts on where I would check or what I should recalibrate? Thanks and I did make sure my RTH setting in the remort was set to 260 feet where I originally set it.
2023-1-27
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Note: I think problem is fixed after doing a refresh on the firmware and calibrating compass. So far so good. Will test further tomorrow.  
2023-1-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Make certain what your RTH altitude is set. It only needs to be a little higher than the highest obstruction.
2023-1-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Cloudwalker. Thank you for reaching out. Congrats on your new DJI Air 2s! Good to read that it has been sorted out. Just to add, here's the Smart RTH logic for Air2S:

a. If the aircraft is farther than 50 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, the aircraft
adjusts its orientation and ascends to the preset RTH altitude, and flies to the Home Point. If the
current altitude is higher than the RTH altitude, the aircraft flies to the Home Point at the current
altitude.
b. If the aircraft is at a distance of 5 to 50 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins,
the aircraft adjusts its orientation and flies to the Home Point at the current altitude.
c. If the aircraft is less than 5 m from the Home Point when the RTH procedure begins, it lands
immediately.

You may view more information on the manual, here's the link(https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.2_en.pdf). Thank you for your support.
2023-1-27
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

I had the same issue recently. I did all of the calibrations and ended up sending it in for repair. Paid $80 USD and they send a new drone back with manufacture date of just a couple weeks before I received it. I didn't have Care Refresh.
2023-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules