Mavic 3 is Dead - Crashed
2223 61 2023-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear Suren. Luckily I never had birds attack or follow my drone, I live in north eastern part of the US and luckily never had any birds even try to follow my drone, could have been just luck. But I am definitely worried about it. Good luck with getting a replacement soon! Reading your post , I've learned to go up in case a bird tries to attack my drone. Thank you for sharing and good luck with getting a replacement soon. Take care, Mike.
2023-1-31
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

Sorry hear that Suren, I can feel the fear of bird attack believe me it scares me more than the police or security who is asking my fly permits.
Anyway, someone suggest that in case of bird attack, force the drone assent instead of decent, which means in nature prey will never fly higher than its' predator so it will stop chasing your drone.
2023-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No, that is sad to read!
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Suren Posted at 1-30 10:31
Hi Gamora, I sent you a PM with the Case number. Can you please check and advise.

Hi, Suren. We have replied to your PM. Thank you.
2023-2-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tough break, hopefully you get care refresh. Best to raise the drone up for a bird attack down for manned craft.
2023-2-1
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI should hook you up because the kind of forum member you are. They should give it for free.
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 1-31 07:23
Sorry to hear Suren. Luckily I never had birds attack or follow my drone, I live in north eastern part of the US and luckily never had any birds even try to follow my drone, could have been just luck. But I am definitely worried about it. Good luck with getting a replacement soon! Reading your post , I've learned to go up in case a bird tries to attack my drone. Thank you for sharing and good luck with getting a replacement soon. Take care, Mike.

You are lucky so far, I noticed that they approach my Evo 2 but as they get closer they back away, must be the colour
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

akozc Posted at 1-31 08:59
Sorry hear that Suren, I can feel the fear of bird attack believe me it scares me more than the police or security who is asking my fly permits.
Anyway, someone suggest that in case of bird attack, force the drone assent instead of decent, which means in nature prey will never fly higher than its' predator so it will stop chasing your drone.

Thanks, Yeah I need to write that into my mind to ascend first if a bird approaches. Panic attack makes us forget the simplest things
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 2-1 00:03
No, that is sad to read!

Thanks Monty, yeah I was disappointed to say the least but Dji came thru quickly
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 04:13
Hi, Suren. We have replied to your PM. Thank you.

Thanks Gamora, I got it
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 06:56
Tough break, hopefully you get care refresh. Best to raise the drone up for a bird attack down for manned craft.

Thanks mate, Dji has already shipped the replacement out today, charged me a retainer in case I don't send the old one back
2023-2-1
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

ZeuS-FL Posted at 2-1 15:23
DJI should hook you up because the kind of forum member you are. They should give it for free.

I would love that
2023-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 2-1 20:35
Thanks Monty, yeah I was disappointed to say the least but Dji came thru quickly

Good to hear. Hope you'll be up and flying DJI again someday soon.
2023-2-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2-1 20:36
Thanks mate, Dji has already shipped the replacement out today, charged me a retainer in case I don't send the old one back

GREAT news, Suren. Now go get some fabulous footage!
2023-2-2
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-28 05:55
Sorry to see that Suren.  I "had" a hawk in my area that kept wanting to attack my Air 2 S and the Mini 3 Pro.  All 4 times he tried to attack I switched to Sport's mode and ascended as fast as I could.  The hawk can dive faster than ascend so I was able to get away.  

I had enough of his aggressiveness so I was able to lure him in with my small RC car covered with a rabbit skin driving along my perimeter road.  Took a few tries as he kept circling and passing over my fake rabbit.  Last swoop he made was his last.  He is no longer a threat to my drones.

why would you ascend? Don't you want to get to the ground as fast as possible?
2023-2-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

PixelPro Posted at 2-2 13:23

No, you want to get away from the birds as quickly as possible.
2023-2-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Predator birds can descend much faster than they can ascend.  Easiest way to avoid them is to put it in Sport mode and ascend as fast as you can.  After a few minutes the predator bird will leave and then I can continue to fly or land as I desire without further conflict.  
2023-2-3
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-1 20:33
You are lucky so far, I noticed that they approach my Evo 2 but as they get closer they back away, must be the colour

Maybe it's because I film in urban areas, but I filmed in suburban Pennsylvania and saw eagles or hawks, not sure how to tell them apart, but lucky for me they did not seem to care about my drone, maybe they weren't hungry or their kids are grown up
2023-2-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Birds in general cannot ascend quickly, the drone will always ascend faster, yet very much so the opposite, birds can descend far quicker, certainly for birds of prey.

Also, they can travel a vast distance in no time flat, so ascending is the best option to get away but don't hang about waiting to see if it will bug out, leave the area.
2023-2-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mobilehomer Posted at 2-2 08:27
GREAT news, Suren. Now go get some fabulous footage!

Thanks Mate, its in NZ so just waiting on dealer to send to me.
2023-2-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mzp Posted at 2-3 09:59
Maybe it's because I film in urban areas, but I filmed in suburban Pennsylvania and saw eagles or hawks, not sure how to tell them apart, but lucky for me they did not seem to care about my drone, maybe they weren't hungry or their kids are grown up

I think sometimes its not just about food but territorial
2023-2-5
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-5 00:16
I think sometimes its not just about food but territorial

Yes must be Suren  
2023-2-5
Use props