Mayday - The Future of Autonomous Drone Safety!
897 3 2015-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canhobix
lvl.1

Canada

Sup Guys,

I found this Kickstart project interesting, and it's something that we must consider.

Mayday is a standalone machine learning device that detects when your quadcopter is crashing and can deploy a parachute.

It seems like every day there is a new video of someone’s expensive quadcopter falling out of the sky for no reason. The risks of each crash are substantial. Property, people, and the quadcopter are all at risk. You can probably imagine the costs of repairing a car’s paint job or paying someone’s medical bills. We're not saying that a recovery system can completely remove these risks, but we believe that having one can help reduce the total damage by a substantial amount (sort of like an airbag in a car.) We also believe that the continued and widely publicized failures that occur will eventually lead to even more regulation than currently enacted, creating even more barriers for substantial progress in this industry.

https://www.kickstarter.com/proj ... ref=category_newest

2015-8-18
Use props
Skater67
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Has anyone installed a parachute or recovery system on their DJI3?  The MARS Mini looks promissing.
2015-8-18
Use props
rmeyers
lvl.2

United States

I just signed up for one for my DJI 3 I hope they come through it seems a great idea.

Thanks
2015-8-18
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Pretty impressive they reached their funding goal in less than 3 days.
2015-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules