DJI transmission system How to make better use of gyro function
1733 4 2023-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burgie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have started to use the Gyro feature on the High bright monitor with the new trasmission system and a RS3 Pro with a Canon C70/18-80 cine zoom...I would really enjoy using this if only I could use the trigger on one of the handles to lock the gyro so as to seemlessly reposition and carry on the shot...at present I have to touch the gyro icon on the left hand side of the screen which means looking for it and stretching uncomfortably off the handles (or ditching ther handles and losing the joystick over ride feature)...I tend to set the gyro speed to slow so I am always needing to reposition my screen...it seems to me that the handles could be very powerful if all the various buttons/triggers could have functionality when paired with gimbals other than the 4D...incidently the 4D also has no allocated trigger function to lock the gyro.
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we have a video to see your setup and how did you perform the filming with this setup?
2023-1-30
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

I also requested this feature.

It is a very important feature. I also requested an additional option where you can tell the system how to enter gyro lock. Either sudden or by dampening the gyro lock stop so as to get a smooth end to gyro control.
2023-1-31
Use props
Burgie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Another function that would be greatly appreciated would be the ability to adjust the parameters of the gyro pan/tilt speed in a better way than the rather small and way to difficult to finesse sliders that are there at present....maybe you could allow the focus knob on the righthand side handle to adjust the values (similar to the way that the handles work with the Ronin 4D when changing certain parameters)...I find that I am often changing these settings when using the gyro but also when using the joystick (I think that this is the only way to adjust the joystick settings which is also rather convoluted....basically you have to enable gyro then touch the icon, adjust the settings then disable the gyro..) I think it would make more sense if you could assign the focus knob to be pan speed with tilt speed activated by holding down the focus lock button and then adjusting the focus knob...way quicker!!...
2023-1-31
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

Burgie Posted at 1-31 09:55
Another function that would be greatly appreciated would be the ability to adjust the parameters of the gyro pan/tilt speed in a better way than the rather small and way to difficult to finesse sliders that are there at present....maybe you could allow the focus knob on the righthand side handle to adjust the values (similar to the way that the handles work with the Ronin 4D when changing certain parameters)...I find that I am often changing these settings when using the gyro but also when using the joystick (I think that this is the only way to adjust the joystick settings which is also rather convoluted....basically you have to enable gyro then touch the icon, adjust the settings then disable the gyro..) I think it would make more sense if you could assign the focus knob to be pan speed with tilt speed activated by holding down the focus lock button and then adjusting the focus knob...way quicker!!...

I think the best option would be to allow more customization of the buttons so that users can customize the use of the handles. I for one would like two sets of options. One for shooting stills and one for shooting video.

It would be nice to have a quick menu where the user could insert parameters for quick access maybe using one of the handle trigger buttons. Click trigger to to bring up the list, turn the wheel to select, click trigger to activate and turn knob to change parameter. Would be great to have multiple menu lists so one could setup one for each type of use. 1 for stills, 1 for car mounted etc etc.

The hardware is great, but the system interface and menu could be refined more to really make this system fantastic.
2023-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules