Active Track HELP
6603 8 2023-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grock
lvl.1

United States

Hi,  just purchased a mini 3 and can't seem to get support by phone and was hoping someone could be of assistance.  I can NOT figure out how to find Active Track on the RC.   How do I access it on the RC?  What are the steps?    I know how to get to the quickshots and have used those.  I'm headed out of the country in a day and really wanted to use the Active track to follow and track images.    Is there a minimum distance the drone should be at before active tack can be selected?    In some of the tutorials, the people doing the video say there should be a red line towards the top of the RC screen to show that the active track is on.  I have never seen that.  There must be a step I am missing.   I have selected the VIDEO icon on the right side of the RC screen just above the RECORD button and then drew the green rectangle on the image I want to track.  Nothing happens, no additional information like Track or fallow shows up, per the videos I have watched. I do have FOLLOW MODE selected in the CONTROL area.  Is there a sequence I'm missing? Please advise.   L
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Below are the conditions for the DJI Mini 3 Pro to enable Activetrack function.

If a person is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 4 to 20 m, and the altitude is 2 to 20 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 5 to 10 m and the recommended altitude is 2 to 10 m.)

If a vehicle/boat is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 6 to 100 m, and the altitude is 6 to 100 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 20 to 50 m and the recommended altitude is 10 to 50 m.)

If the aircraft starts to follow the subject, but the distance between the aircraft and the target is not in the range of the above-mentioned distance or altitude, the aircraft will automatically fly into the supporting range. If the aircraft flies within the range of recommended distance and altitude, you will have a better experience of tracking.

If you manage to follow these steps and still have the issue, please provide us a video recording showing the issue for us to check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-1-29
Use props
Grock
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-29 19:25
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Below are the conditions for the DJI Mini 3 Pro to enable Activetrack function.

If a person is set as a tracking subject, the distance between the aircraft and the subject should be 4 to 20 m, and the altitude is 2 to 20 m. (Note: The recommended distance is 5 to 10 m and the recommended altitude is 2 to 10 m.)

Thank you for the reply, However, that is not what I am looking for. My subject was well within that range.  I tried selecting the person (subject to be tracked) with a green box around them and it would not let me do that.  I tried at multiple distances and heights.  I am very frustrated with this process and hope there is nothing wrong with the drone.  I've already had to return one because it would not charge properly.  And getting a DJI representative on the phone has been impossible.  The only thing a live chat person does is send me a description.  Thank you again.
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Grock Posted at 1-29 19:33
Thank you for the reply, However, that is not what I am looking for. My subject was well within that range.  I tried selecting the person (subject to be tracked) with a green box around them and it would not let me do that.  I tried at multiple distances and heights.  I am very frustrated with this process and hope there is nothing wrong with the drone.  I've already had to return one because it would not charge properly.  And getting a DJI representative on the phone has been impossible.  The only thing a live chat person does is send me a description.  Thank you again.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. If you are using a DJI Mini 3, not a DJI Mini3 pro? If so, DJI Mini3 does not support Active Track or Focus Track. May we know your phone number to confirm the call service you feedback with our teams?
2023-1-30
Use props
Grock
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for clarifying that.  Unfortunately, when my business partner called to order the drone, and the question was asked about TRACKING, it was never said that the mini 3 did not have that feature.   I appreciate your time.  Thank you.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Grock Posted at 1-30 07:21
Thank you for clarifying that.  Unfortunately, when my business partner called to order the drone, and the question was asked about TRACKING, it was never said that the mini 3 did not have that feature.   I appreciate your time.  Thank you.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused again. Would you please tell us your phone number or email address? We will confirm with the related department and improve the services later. Thank you so much.
2023-1-30
Use props
Grock
lvl.1

United States

Thank you.  I have contacted dji and they have taken care of the issue. I appreciate your help.
2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Grock Posted at 1-30 21:08
Thank you.  I have contacted dji and they have taken care of the issue. I appreciate your help.

Got it, Please tell us if you have any questions later.
2023-1-31
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

only the mini 3 pro has active track, not the mini 3
2023-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules