Been using Mavic 1 for years, time to upgrade?
449 2 2023-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
razorseal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

I love my Mavic 1... I'm very happy with it. I use it primarily for photos. Flight time is sufficient for what I do, and speed is good. I wouldn't mind better autonomy (waypoints, cruise control etc) for some situations but not the biggest deal.

I would like the better cameras on the newer drones.

Honestly though, for whaat I use it for (personal photogrpahy) it has done a marvelous job. all 3 batteries are still in good shape too.

By upgrading to a mavic 3, what do I get? I would prefer the regular one (pro?) with 7x lens as well.

is the autonomy (360 avoidance) really that good for when I do bit closer flying to objects? is the active track that much better?

I can probably sell this done to help offset the cost of the mavic 3. I've been approved by wife for the purcahse because 5 years for this drone is pretty good lol.

Thanks!
2023-1-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, razorseal. Thank you for reaching out. We are pleased to know you've had a great time with your DJI drone. DJI Mavic 3 can detect obstacles in all directions with extreme precision. Multiple sensing cameras with a wider range of detection help Mavic 3 respond to obstacles earlier. In a well-lit environment, Mavic 3 can avoid obstacles faster and more smoothly, capturing stable footage safely even when flying laterally or backward. Also, ActiveTrack 5.0 tracks subjects in eight directions, bringing more creative possibilities. Embedded with the newest subject recognition technology, ActiveTrack 5.0 uses multiple vision sensors simultaneously to recognize a subject, differentiate it from other objects, and lock the subject in the frame. It allows users to adjust tracking angles smoothly for more natural results. Thanks to the new environment and subject-sensing algorithms, Mavic 3 responds earlier to subject movements and environment information and plans a more optimum tracking route to record smooth and stable footage. We'll leave the other Pros and Cons of the DJI Mavic 3 to your DJI Co-Pilots. And if you want to get more details about what this drone can do, you may visit this link. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do n ot hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-1-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So far for the life of my Mavic 3, it has been an amazing solid drone. Active track was always good for me, be it on a scooter or bicycle - it always had me in frame. OA system is 100 times better than Mavic 1 and is 360 now, range and flight time is way better
2023-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules