Quick Tips For Your Mini 3 Pro!

2023-1-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Russ does provide some good tips.  You and I can corroborate the battery tab issues.  
2023-1-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 04:12
Nice find DA.    Russ does provide some good tips.  You and I can corroborate the battery tab issues.

I popped him a comment as he thought the plus battery had stops inside to stop them over bending,    mine didnt have that.  This might be the design change which is why some have issues others dont.
2023-1-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 04:17
I popped him a comment as he thought the plus battery had stops inside to stop them over bending,    mine didnt have that.  This might be the design change which is why some have issues others dont.

Probably why he was thinking more standard batteries were effected than plus batteries.  Personally I think it is a design flaw and not a one time bad batch.  
2023-1-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-30 05:52
Probably why he was thinking more standard batteries were effected than plus batteries.  Personally I think it is a design flaw and not a one time bad batch.

If his comment about a stop is correct, then perhaps there was a design change and the early ones didnt have the stop.
2023-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 01:42
If his comment about a stop is correct, then perhaps there was a design change and the early ones didnt have the stop.

That could well be the case.  Maybe that is why there were more initial reports about cracks and not as many lately.  Seems DJI fixed the issue and kept it on the down and low.
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 04:30
That could well be the case.  Maybe that is why there were more initial reports about cracks and not as many lately.  Seems DJI fixed the issue and kept it on the down and low.

Id initially wondered if it was a bad batch of plastics used,  but now I hear a stop being mentioned its hard to say.
2023-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 04:39
Id initially wondered if it was a bad batch of plastics used,  but now I hear a stop being mentioned its hard to say.

Or maybe a combination of both bad plastic and no stop.  Truth of the matter we will never know for sure.  
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 04:46
Or maybe a combination of both bad plastic and no stop.  Truth of the matter we will never know for sure.

None of mine appear to have any stop inside them so Im a bit confused if that is just for the plus batteries.
2023-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 04:53
None of mine appear to have any stop inside them so Im a bit confused if that is just for the plus batteries.

The two I got in the Fly More Combo did not have stops and that is the ones I had replaced.  The 4 I bought afterwards are all okay with no sign of cracks and it appears they all have stops.  So something changed in the manufacturing process somewhere along the way.
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-31 05:20
The two I got in the Fly More Combo did not have stops and that is the ones I had replaced.  The 4 I bought afterwards are all okay with no sign of cracks and it appears they all have stops.  So something changed in the manufacturing process somewhere along the way.

Brilliant then you have solved the mystery.

What was you opinion on Russ saying that you should screen record all your flights.
2023-1-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 05:22
Brilliant then you have solved the mystery.

What was you opinion on Russ saying that you should screen record all your flights.

Since getting the Mini 3 Pro I have been using the screen record some of the time.  I saw it used in a FlyBy Guys video on YT a while back.  The only drawback I see is that it forces the RC to work harder and tends to heat up quicker.  

2023-2-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-1 04:08
Since getting the Mini 3 Pro I have been using the screen record some of the time.  I saw it used in a FlyBy Guys video on YT a while back.  The only drawback I see is that it forces the RC to work harder and tends to heat up quicker.

Id not really seen the point myself,   there's been the odd near miss with a bird I've missed but apart from that Ive always found it to slow down the controller.
2023-2-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-1 04:38
Id not really seen the point myself,   there's been the odd near miss with a bird I've missed but apart from that Ive always found it to slow down the controller.

Yeah, think I'll quite using it and make it easier on the RC.  No problem when using the RC Pro but it does heat up the RC.
2023-2-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Another nice find!
2023-2-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain