608 5 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingfish77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59744 ft
United States

Hey all!

I recently received a Mini 2 and am loving it so far. Have a few questions regarding accessing the footage taken on the drone... When I plug the device into my USB, I can see all of the drone footage (photo and video) and everything is timestamped. However, when I try to access the material via DJI app, I feel like much of the material is missing. I took roughly 120 photos over the course of 2 flights (Sunday and Saturday). In the DJI app, I am accessing the material (I think this is how it should be done?) by clicking: Album -> Aircraft Album. The only thing showing up here are the videos (about 6 of them) which appear to be stored in the cache. None of the ~120 photos are showing up here. Now, when I toggle to 'Saved' and then click 'Photos', I am able to see exactly 30 photos (note that about 90 are NOT showing up). Is this the correct way to access photos?

I'm currently working on uploading all of my photos (directly from plugging in the USB to my computer) to a Gdrive folder because thats the only way I can think of to access the pictures without having to actually plug the drone into my machine. I will say that if theres one superpower I possess, its overcomplicating things. I really appreciate any advice/direction on how to access the drones footage, preferrably via the App. The App seems really powerful from what I've seen so far, just would love to figure out how to access all of the material through the app rather than having to plug in.

Cheers, and thanks for any guidance.  

2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, flyingfish77. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you using the RC-N1 remote controller? If yes, is your mobile phone connected to the remote and aircraft when you're trying to access the files, or is it just your mobile phone connected to the internet? Please let us know. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Forget using cables to download your images.
The fastest and simplest way is to remove the SD card from the drone, put it in an adaptor and pop that into your computer.
2023-1-30
Use props
flyingfish77
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 19:07
Hi, flyingfish77. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Are you using the RC-N1 remote controller? If yes, is your mobile phone connected to the remote and aircraft when you're trying to access the files, or is it just your mobile phone connected to the internet? Please let us know. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

Hi Gamora, thank you for looking into this. I'm using the remote that came with the DJI Mini 2, which i do believe is the RC-N1 model. Now that I think of it, I believe I was simply accessing the mobile app (and that the aircraft was powered off). Are you suggesting I connect my phone to both the RC controller AND have the aircraft powered on/connected to the controller in order to access the SD cards full camera reel? This might explain some of the trouble i was having ^_^

Side note/use case: I noticed that the app has a 'Create' option whereby (through the Pro tab), the app can create some amazing montages of the available footage. This is a feature I'd definitely like to explore more, which is why I'm trying to figure out how to access all of this footage within the app rather than having to export to my computer/google drive. Thank you again!
2023-1-31
Use props
flyingfish77
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 1-30 20:38
Forget using cables to download your images.
The fastest and simplest way is to remove the SD card from the drone, put it in an adaptor and pop that into your computer.

This is a great suggestion, thank you Labroides. Ordering an SD adaptor now. The Gdrive upload took about 2 hours for the ~120 photos and I would prefer to avoid that in the future lol
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

flyingfish77 Posted at 1-31 06:16
Hi Gamora, thank you for looking into this. I'm using the remote that came with the DJI Mini 2, which i do believe is the RC-N1 model. Now that I think of it, I believe I was simply accessing the mobile app (and that the aircraft was powered off). Are you suggesting I connect my phone to both the RC controller AND have the aircraft powered on/connected to the controller in order to access the SD cards full camera reel? This might explain some of the trouble i was having ^_^

Side note/use case: I noticed that the app has a 'Create' option whereby (through the Pro tab), the app can create some amazing montages of the available footage. This is a feature I'd definitely like to explore more, which is why I'm trying to figure out how to access all of this footage within the app rather than having to export to my computer/google drive. Thank you again!

Hi, flyingfish77. Thank you for the information. I have sent you a PM, please check. Thank you.
2023-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules