DJI RC controller not recognized by simulators
12684 12 2023-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elsewhere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220643 ft
United States

I'm trying to connect my DJI RC controller to my Windows 11 PC so I can use a simulator. (e.g., FPV Drone Simulator, AI Drone Simulator)

When I connect the controller to the PC using a USB-C cable it is recognized in the DJI Assistant.  I was able to download some logs from the controller.

When I load a simulator such as FPV Drone Simulator or AI Drone Simulator the controller doesn't appear as an option.

I have already installed these extras from the DJI Simulator folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe

One of these installed .NET Framework 3.5 and rebooted my computer.

Note:  I cannot use DJI Simulator because it shows an error when I try to run it.  I have another thread on that topic.

Here is the error that appears:
---------------------------
Error
Network Error
Error: 008_008 {000/0263}
Retry   Abort   

2023-1-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Elsewhere. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI RC does not support the DJI Flight Simulator. For a list of the remote controllers which are supported by the DJI Flight Simulator, please visit DJI's official website at: (https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#specs). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-1-30
Use props
Chief Flier
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue...watching
2023-2-11
Use props
djiuser_zyklide
lvl.4

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-30 19:10
Hi, Elsewhere. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI RC does not support the DJI Flight Simulator. For a list of the remote controllers which are supported by the DJI Flight Simulator, please visit DJI's official website at: (https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#specs). Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi DJI Gamora,

it would be nice to have more compatibility.

See maybe related post:

dji virtual flight - remap touchscreen keys to use with dji rc plus
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 485&pid=2937220
2023-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_zyklide Posted at 2-12 09:20
Hi DJI Gamora,

it would be nice to have more compatibility.

Hi, djiuser_zyklide. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-2-14
Use props
burakokkes
New
Turkey

Hi, I'm trying to use my DJI RC in any simulator/game. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't find a way to do so. I mean I can use a cheap gamepad but not my RC, not cool.

Pc driver (or something idk) for games, at least compatibility for the DJI Flight Simulator would be GREAT!

Hope you guys will do it..

Thank you!
2023-6-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

burakokkes Posted at 6-22 05:44
Hi, I'm trying to use my DJI RC in any simulator/game. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't find a way to do so. I mean I can use a cheap gamepad but not my RC, not cool.

Pc driver (or something idk) for games, at least compatibility for the DJI Flight Simulator would be GREAT!

Hi, burakokkes. This has been forwarded as a suggestion. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-6-22
Use props
j.teuffel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161801 ft
Germany

Bump!
Plaese Add DJI RC  Support for the Simulator!
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

j.teuffel@web.de Posted at 11-19 09:27
Bump!
Plaese Add DJI RC  Support for the Simulator!

We apologize for the inconvenience. Because the DJI Flight Simulator software is no longer being developed and DJI will not make further updates for this software, the DJI RC will not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. Please kindly check this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=239066. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-19
Use props
Jan Kysučan
New

United States

Hello, is there way how to connect DJI rc-n2 with some simulators game ( velocidrone, uncrashed, ...)? Thanks
2023-12-1
Use props
Geronimoo
New

Sweden

I also want this functionality. The controller is a full fledged computer so why not add a mode for it to act as a normal USB joystick?
1-9 06:37
Use props
Bernyd
New

Canada

Je viens d'acheter mon premier DJI Mini 2 SE et je n'arrive pas a connecter ma commande au Simulateur de vol DJI Flight simulator!
2-4 09:24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bernyd Posted at 2-4 09:24
Je viens d'acheter mon premier DJI Mini 2 SE et je n'arrive pas a connecter ma commande au Simulateur de vol DJI Flight simulator!

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. The Flight Simulator only supports the DJI remote controllers for the Mavic Air, DJI Smart Controller, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, Matrice 100, Matrice 600, Matrice 600 Pro, Inspire 1 Series, Lightbridge 2, MG-1P, T16, Cendence S. Have a nice day.
2-4 19:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules