Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official DJI Communication
1325 15 2023-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Very interesting video made by the Youtube channel Gautier Veltri.
Two DJI employees answer many questions that are asked regularly on the forum.

This does not only concern the MAVIC range, but the entire DJI range.

Use automatic subtitles. However, if you want a more precise translation on a part, feel free to ask.

Enjoy !

00:00 Intro
00:57 What is DJI?
01:16 DJI around the world
04:27 What surprised you?
05:50 Internal structure
08:52 Departments
09:25 Current situation
11:02 What path to join DJI?
11:52 R&D budget
12:52 Leisure vs Pro
16:09 Privacy Policy
18:32 Difficulties with the United States?
19:30 Conflicts in Ukraine?
20:50 Product launch
23:48 Influencers and KOLs
25:06 Product leak
26:43 Standard drones
28:09 Company vision
29:08 Ecology
29:40 Next products
32:10 Closing

2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly I only get offered French subtitles on that video
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 13.13.23.png
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 05:13
Sadly I only get offered French subtitles on that video

On the main lines :
Around 12:50 they explain why the features of the consumer and enterprise shared platforms are not identical. For the Mavic 3 for example.
Around 15:25 they explain why there are no more SDKs on the consumer range and let it be known that there won't be any.
Around 27:10 (in english) They do not say clearly, but a large number of drones already released are in the process of C certification for the European market.
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 05:19
On the main lines :
Around 12:50 they explain why the features of the consumer and enterprise shared platforms are not identical. For the Mavic 3 for example.
Around 15:25 they explain why there are no more SDKs on the consumer range and let it be known that there won't be any.

I was most interested in -

25:06 Product leak

The C classification is not accepted here so its only take off weight that matters to us.
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 05:21
I was most interested in -

About KOL:

DJI is more interested in KOLs than influencers. People who use and know the products. Then the author of the video who is himself KOL for DJI explains that he is free to say what he wants about the products.

About leak :

They announce the leak of the Phantom 5 but it's in a humorous tone. In French it's the kind of thing not easy to detect if you're not used to hearing them speak. More seriously, he explains that the leaks are often beta testers that leave data lying around. He gives the example of a video he made in the past, where we see the box of the Mavic 3 in the background, which had not yet been released at that time.
KOL*  Key Opinion Leader
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 05:28
About KOL:

DJI is more interested in KOLs than influencers. People who use and know the products. Then the author of the video who is himself KOL for DJI explains that he is free to say what he wants about the products.

thanks,    not sounds like it was a good interview.  
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 05:32
thanks,    not sounds like it was a good interview.

Your are welcome

I found it very instructive although I did not understand everything.
Their answers concerning the problems of features are quite revealing of the situation concerning the M3E and T.

Clearly they focus on the SDK to let everyone create their own features. The communication manager answered, there is the Mobile SDK, with it you can do whatever you want. He also mentions that the enterprise range is oriented according to the demands of the public safety sector.

Translation: be prepared to include a UGCS, DroneLINK, DroneDeploy license... in addition to the purchase of the drone in order to have particular functions.
2023-1-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 05:42
Your are welcome

I found it very instructive although I did not understand everything.

Having used DroneDeploy its an excellent service.
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 06:19
Having used DroneDeploy its an excellent service.

I agree. It sounds like they will include RTK. So it will be at the same level as UGCS which is also good for the price.
2023-1-31
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-31 05:28
About KOL:

The entire 2023 schedule has already been leaked on Twitter.  It’s not product testers that leak.  DJI intentionally leaks just like many other consumer electronics companies do.  Leaks help create a buzz or excitement about upcoming products for the calendar year.

https://twitter.com/DealsDrone
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

DroneApe Posted at 1-31 07:17
The entire 2023 schedule has already been leaked on Twitter.  It’s not product testers that leak.  DJI intentionally leaks just like many other consumer electronics companies do.  Leaks help create a buzz or excitement about upcoming products for the calendar year.

https://twitter.com/DealsDrone

Ah ok, at one point in the video he talks about Twitter I didn't understand, it sounds like French humor.  It's hard to tell what is true and what is false.

Thanks for the link
2023-1-31
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The SDK info is not surprising, but I do wish that DJI were more interested in hearing, and engaging with a dialog with their consumers about that decision.  Given how things have panned out, it is going to influence my next purchase.  Having to use both m3c and m3e to accomplish common tasks is a burden that a SDK would have resolved for most jobs.
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

The attitude of the DJI communication officer intervening in the video is quite revealing of the situation.  They are disconnected from what is being done with their drone.  He talked a lot about public safety, what he calls "drones used for work".  The rest falls into the leisure category.  

Also the head of the Enterprise part for Europe insisted on the fact that the two ranges are voluntarily differentiated according to the needs of the users.  This shows that they have no idea what non-public safety professionals do with their drone.  

Obviously, if it's people like them who are responsible for sending the information back to the R and D teams as they claimed, the situation is not about to improve.
2023-1-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Instead of only complaining here, go to the YouTube page and add comments there.
2023-1-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-31 14:52
Instead of only complaining here, go to the YouTube page and add comments there.

It is not a DJI youtube channel but a private drone school using DJI product as almost everybody here.

The author of the video directly addresses frequently asked questions on the forum and other social networks.  The two DJI representatives act a bit like the forum moderators, they don't really respond to the problem. More particularly concerning compatibility problems, missing functions...

I just went to see the comments section of the video, some people obviously followed your recommendation.  Author's response: "We did what we could, sorry"...

Sometimes I go to read his replies to the comments.  I don't expect any further constructive response from him regarding the negative review of the DJI company.  He has a commercial relationship with them, it's delicate.  But in general he produces interesting videos so we don't blame him.

Then basically there is no complaint here.  Simply the observation of what is mentioned by the representatives of DJI in the video.
2023-1-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope they can do some in English version too sometimes.
Quite useless for many like this.
2023-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules